NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

Amazing. Love all these costumes. I hd this as a prediction when it was first. Announced, so glad it's happened. Kind of wish they weren't a mushroom though and you could play the level as the character whatever happens.

Wonder what they'll do with this for nx... It's far too good to stop. Will they rerelease it? Will it work alongside the wii u version?

Definitely needs an NX re-release, but that would mean a gamepad type controller. Or maybe that could be an optional accessory.

This, Smash and maybe even Splatoon. They're all too brilliant to stay on Wii U.

I think Smash definitely will, but feel we can move straight on to Splatoon 2.

New costume, Barbara the Bat from Jam with the band. Amazing. Hope this mean's we'll get the 3DS version.... unlikely I know...

Definitely needs an NX re-release, but that would mean a gamepad type controller. Or maybe that could be an optional accessory.
If all goes well with the venture into mobile, they could just have that functionally be provided by phones/tablets, and their own handheld of course. ;)

I'm probably missing something obvious but I can't get the Pokemon costumes to unlock. Also that stage is surprisingly hard.

I'm probably missing something obvious but I can't get the Pokemon costumes to unlock. Also that stage is surprisingly hard.

They unlock individually depending on the path you take.

They unlock individually depending on the path you take.

I've ran all 3 and not got anything.

I've ran all 3 and not got anything.

That's very odd.

Did you have the costume on still when you finished? That may be a qualifier

That's very odd.

Did you have the costume on still when you finished? That may be a qualifier

Well the weird thing is, the mystery mushroom was just giving me a random costume and not the Pokemon ones.

So unless I'm missing an update, but I got the Chitoge costume that just got released?

Well the weird thing is, the mystery mushroom was just giving me a random costume and not the Pokemon ones.

So unless I'm missing an update, but I got the Chitoge costume that just got released?

That is so weird...

Did you accidentally download the level rather than play or something?

Edited by Serebii

That is so weird...

Did you accidentally download the level rather than play or something?

No don't think so, I was playing other event stages as I need to catch up on them.

Just played them again and it worked. Apparently I had the Bulbasaur costume but I don't remember seeing the unlock screen. ::shrug:

Loving the additions this is getting next week. :)

[tweet]705516120493662209[/tweet]

The new coins in particular, are the kind of thing I really wanted them to add.

BTW, I made a new course on this recently (first one in a loooong time) and uploaded it last night just before the Direct:

Apologies for the terrible name :heh:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Just to confirm, you can seperate the red coins all over the level and create adventure type levels?

This game is just amazing. I think they should bundle it in with NX so everyone has it.

The one big addition I think which would a lot, is for followed/bookedmarked levels automatically get thrown into the 100 marios. Just a little more incentive to play the levels, rather than just constant random one off levels, I mean it's still great, but a little more purpose would really top it off.

Creators being able to create worlds would be awesome too.

Stamps....

Yes, these updates seem ace and it seems like it might be enough to tempt me back.

Come on Nintendo - just the slopes now.....

With these coins I'm really excited to see what gets produced by people on here! Actually, I need to get back into this, I'm not sure if I've uploaded new levels since the last update!

The red coins are a really great idea and will open up a huge number of possibilities.

Just a shame they couldn't somehow fit in the Super Mario World keyhole animation/sound effect in.

Played this again last night, nabbing some costumes, I really really love it. Can't wait for this update, I've barely made anything in the game though, hopefully that will change now.

I know I keep saying it, but I really really wish 100 Marios put people you followed automatically into it. I'd play it all the time if so; the following and such is so clumsy - not knowing if people have made new levels etc. There should be a 'new level' tab, or at least put the the latest level uploaded at the top of the friends. Or even a shuffle mode to play your friends levels you haven't finished yet.

Loving how its now possible to see failure points in sub areas with the latest update. icon14.gif

I'd designed quite a few courses where the main gameplay is in sub areas, so it's great to finally be able to see that information.

Uploaded a course which uses the new locked doors/pink coin system:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Keep those updates coming, Nintendo! :awesome:

I hope they'll eventually add a way to set up custom 100 Mario Challenges using the bookmark site.

: peace:

I know I keep saying it, but I really really wish 100 Marios put people you followed automatically into it. I'd play it all the time if so; the following and such is so clumsy - not knowing if people have made new levels etc. There should be a 'new level' tab, or at least put the the latest level uploaded at the top of the friends. Or even a shuffle mode to play your friends levels you haven't finished yet.

I think it's about 25% of the Wii U population own mariomaker... so I'd quite like if they connected to friends levels...

Also surely advertising... when a level gets enough stars they should give an option to message your friends occassionally to show the level you made.. "Stéphane would like to share his newest level in mario maker with you" or something like that...

and maybe when in 100 mario have a few levels from friends (not just followed) as well, and have them highlighted with the friends icon or something...