NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

CW0seQdXIAA3KAL.png

From 25/12, get a Captain Toad costume by completing the new #SuperMarioMaker Event Course. No jumping, now.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

AHHH!!!! THEY STOLE MY IDEA!!!!!

Thieving gits! I did it first!!!

CW0tK_-XAAE6lM2.pngCW0tLIfWEAAmjQL.png

Get new Costume Marios with two new NES REMIX Event courses, coming 31/12 for #SuperMarioMaker

The tag feature will be a godsend! Hope that the game gets updated to allow you to set tags from ingame!

Finally, I can filter out all of the boring automatic and music levels! :yay:

Right guys! Get to competing for the best times on my levels! They're all built for speed running (outside of the Bonus levels) and have the tags to prove it ;)

CW0sQ8aU4AEJ6jl.png

Damn, all my stages are expert

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

First fail on the mario site already! Saw a Goemon level that I wanted to play but could not bookmark it because I was not logged in. Logged in and then the recommended courses changed! Stupid. Nintendo needs beating with a user interface stick sometimes.

First fail on the mario site already! Saw a Goemon level that I wanted to play but could not bookmark it because I was not logged in. Logged in and then the recommended courses changed! Stupid. Nintendo needs beating with a user interface stick sometimes.

So it had recommendations that were general, but when you logged in the recommendations changed to be based on your play and that's an issue?

Youtube does the same thing as does Amazon and a load of other places

Its not as clever as that - refresh the page a few times and I am pretty sure it is just a random selection from those levels it has decided are recommended.

My issue is more that if you see a level when you are not logged in that you want to play, you have effectively lost access to that level. They could solve this by:

* Free text search on course title.

* Showing the level ID. (Not ideal as you would need to know to get it before hand)

* Not just showing an error when you bookmark and you are not logged in - but at that point offering you to be able to bookmark and login.

* Storing the levels you bookmark against the browser cookie, so that when you do login it can update them.

Also Youtube generally lets you watch what you want without logging in so it is not teh same issue and Amazon does my third and fourth item.

Edited by peterl0

Free text search is surely incoming. Though this is a welcome and surprising upgrade. And the new costumes look great!!

Now we just need comments not to auto star them and maybe even rating out of 5!!!

Ahh... Seems that you can't set best times on your own levels...

A shame. I was hoping to put up some Staff Ghost times for people to beat on my levels...

Speaking of which...

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/54BA-0000-0038-B116

I hold the world record on Redshell's first Wario Ware Mega Microcourse level, see if you can beat it ;)

Edited by Dcubed

Ahh... Seems that you can't set best times on your own levels...

A shame. I was hoping to put up some Staff Ghost times for people to beat on my levels...

That's a cool idea, though I would say maybe it won't happen because the creator can do an almost perfect run though...

Wonder if they'll do the 3 coins thing.

Still feel they need to give a bigger reason to play all these levels. Or maybe they don't. Don't know how they'd do that though...

What do people think will happen with this? Will it move over to nx all intact? How does it grow? How do they make money on it?

Wait! No! Scratch that! I just thought of a way I can still do Staff Ghosts!

MWAHAHA! BRILLIANT! I'm not going to make them perfect, but I'll make them tough enough to make you think twice about how to best get through my levels ;)

Wait! No! Scratch that! I just thought of a way I can still do Staff Ghosts!

MWAHAHA! BRILLIANT! I'm not going to make them perfect, but I'll make them tough enough to make you think twice about how to best get through my levels ;)

Hehehe! Nice idea. :)

I AM A SUPER PLAYER!! :heh:

gak02Fc.jpg

Hehehe! Nice idea. :)

I AM A SUPER PLAYER!! :heh:

gak02Fc.jpg

I noticed just now! Congrats on being the second person in the whole world to find it legit BTW! : peace:

Just two more Staff Ghosts to go now! :D

Edit: Done! All the levels now have Staff Ghosts in place. They're all far from perfect (that was intentional, Staff Ghosts should be tough, but very beatable), but they have all taken The True Speedrunner's Paths, so they're not easy to beat! ;)

Just to get you guys started, here's the intended True Speedrunner's Path for 1-2...

1-3...

and 1-4...

Good luck! : peace:

Edited by Dcubed

This happened to me the other day too, really annoying! :mad:

Wouldn't be an issue if you could just remain logged in, but for some reason that doesn't seem possible.

Actually, have Nintendo changed something recently, because I've noticed the same thing with Miiverse. I used to always be logged in to that, but it never seems to remember now. :blank:

Anyway, this issue aside, the Bookmark site is awesome. :)

I've already manged to come across some fantastic levels thanks to it.

Anyway, this issue aside, the Bookmark site is awesome. :)

I've already manged to come across some fantastic levels thanks to it.

Hopefully teething problems, although it wouldn't hurt if some of us point out the issues.. they may just listen :D

I like that I can bookmark all a friends levels with one button. Just wish there were "unbookmark all completed/starred levels" buttons too.

I've only got one super expert level, and 7 expert levels, so I guess my levels aren't so challenging overall, which is good I think.

Having said that, does anyone know how they determine difficulty? Previously I used completion %, but I have a 6.58% that is "normal" and a 14.88% which is "expert"?

I guess they rank our competency to a degree? so presumably the players who completed the expert level were quite good, while the 6% who completed the normal level.. not so great players?

Edited by Pestneb

AHHH!!!! THEY STOLE MY IDEA!!!!!

Thieving gits! I did it first!!!

I honestly think you should sue.

CW-7d2_UEAENdEj.png

It's a pretty nifty idea!

Most of the tags don't fit the majority of my levels though...

My levels seem to range from Normal to Easy, with only 4 expert ones that all show up on my more recent levels.

Seems like I hit the difficulty curve pretty nicely!

My toughest and easiest:

Nc0pLSM.jpg

Got quite a good mix of difficulty throughout all my courses by the looks of things though. :)

I honestly think you should sue.

CW-7d2_UEAENdEj.png

It's a pretty nifty idea!

Most of the tags don't fit the majority of my levels though...

My levels seem to range from Normal to Easy, with only 4 expert ones that all show up on my more recent levels.

Seems like I hit the difficulty curve pretty nicely!

Well that's why you set the tags manually on the website... And then set it so that nobody else can edit them other than you ;)

I set all of mine to Speedrun (except for the Bonus levels, which are mostly Gimmick with a couple of Puzzle tags for some of them - also 3-3 was set as Puzzle; though of course it's also designed for Speed Running and the Staff Ghost on that one proves it ;) )

My difficulty curve looks pretty nice as well (except for the Bonus levels of course; though I'm surprised that Bonus 1 is listed as Expert and not Super Expert!)

I need to get back into making more levels. Hopefully I'll get some time in the new year...

Well that's why you set the tags manually on the website... And then set it so that nobody else can edit them other than you ;)

You underestimate me, I've already done all that.

I'm just saying that the tags available don't really fit most of my levels.

I ended up just using Theme for most of them. Except for a few... um... exceptions.

Is there a way to find people you are following or search by creator on the bookmark site?

I would like to see how some of the levels you guys have built fare on the difficulty stakes.

Is there a way to find people you are following or search by creator on the bookmark site?

I would like to see how some of the levels you guys have built fare on the difficulty stakes.

If you log in and go to your profile, there's a list of all the friends on your friend list that own Mario Maker.

That might help.

You underestimate me, I've already done all that.

I'm just saying that the tags available don't really fit most of my levels.

I ended up just using Theme for most of them. Except for a few... um... exceptions.

Yeah, they really need a Strange tag for your ones!

If you log in and go to your profile, there's a list of all the friends on your friend list that own Mario Maker.

That might help.

I've bookmarked all the course available for friends that I haven't completed, 100 courses for me to complete (a lot of those have been completed.. just prior to the site launch ><)

But there are a few people who aren't on my friends list. I guess I'll sort that out once I've gotten through most of those 100 levels!!

Can anyone help my situation please. So when the checkpoint update came out before,I made some of my courses easier and uploaded the improved courses up and deleted the old ones.i then didn't touch the game for a month or so until the latest update. Unfortunately it seems not many people had a go of my updated versions and Nintendo removed them from the server. Nite I can upload again no matter what I change. Is there a solution or have I wasted hours of my life creating these courses?

I'd contact Nintendo and see what they can do on their end.

I've not had issues directly, but I know a few of my nephews courses show up as not being starred by me - when I know 100% that I have starred them. So it is possible that there have been a few issues on the servers?

Yeah I might contact them... I meant that I can't upload the courses no matter what I do btw. Are people still making plenty of courses on this? Or moved onto other things?