NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

Totem Link and Arino Kacho costumes are live now. CoroCoro one tomorrow, Famitsu next week

MWAHAHAHA!!!!! YESSSS!!

My idea that makes use of checkpoints works exactly like I was hoping it would!

I'm brimming with inspiration! Oh you guys are gonna love my next level...

BTW, I get the feeling that most people don't get the point of Mashiko's crappy levels... Oh I can only hope that some of them will learn from them at least...

I'm still after suggestions for my Mario Maker section of my Mario Maker stream (I've had one so far) - keep in mind that I will be cutting it and uploading it separately after the event, with each level timestamped. If you could donate, that would also be great.

My next set of 3 bonus levels are up now, just in case you haven't checked the Mario Maker ID Thread.

I'm still after suggestions for my Mario Maker section of my Mario Maker stream (I've had one so far) - keep in mind that I will be cutting it and uploading it separately after the event, with each level timestamped. If you could donate, that would also be great.

Well, since I've just uploaded some new ones, why not one of mine? (Pretty sure that you're already following me, but just in case you aren't, you can find my Mario Maker page by typing in this code C3E8-0000-003E-C124 and then by clicking on my Mii)

I'd suggest either Bonus 1 (tough as nails, but one that I reckon would be a good watch for the audience - and generally pretty funny), or if you want something easier, than I'd suggest my newly released Bonus 4 (it's not very hard, but it has a pretty neat idea behind it that might make the audience go OOH!) ;)

BTW, are you gonna be keeping the donation page open after the 7th? I'm not gonna be here for the day itself (otherwise I'd love to have helped out and taken part) and I'd like to donate but I'm short on cash until the 10th; so I can't donate until then...

Edited by Dcubed

Really? I'm the only one who bothered to PM you?

OH! WAIT! I HAD TO REUPLOAD ALL MY LEVELS BECAUSE OF CHECKPOINTS!

So here's that same level, but updated with context-sensitive items.

0E0F - 0000 - 00D7 - D9DD

Anyway, there's a new event course today with a positively terrifying Mystery Mushroom costume.

BTW, are you gonna be keeping the donation page open after the 7th

It should be. I've not used the Just Giving one before (there will be at least one way to donate at that point anyway).

Awesome sauce!

Frog Suit always made platforming trickier!

I've already got some ideas...

Awesome sauce!

Frog Suit always made platforming trickier!

I've already got some ideas...

Aww, that's cute, but it's just a Mystery Mushroom costume ;)

Aww, that's cute, but it's just a Mystery Mushroom costume ;)

Ohhhh...

I couldn't watch the video...

Now I'm sad...

Whilst the new characters are cool and I can see why they do them for a quick update, I think I would like some level creation changes to draw me back into the game.

one item I'd like to see are to "see-saw" platforms.. where two platforms are linked by "rope".. stand on one and it drops, while the other raises.. if one platform hits the pulley then rope snaps and both platforms drop down.. taking you down with them if you are unable to save your self!!

I'd really like having that available... or platforms that auto spawn (like in super mario bros 1-2.. just before the warp zone with all those platforms endlessly travelling up/ down.. it's possible to improvise, but the effect isn't the same.

Whilst the new characters are cool and I can see why they do them for a quick update, I think I would like some level creation changes to draw me back into the game.

Yeh.. I haven't touched it for weeks. I'd like to see a few new level themes, be it snow or whatever. It doesn't even have to be from the Mario universe as a retro Sonic style theme would be kinda cool :grin:

I gave up on the game because it was taking me too long to get the new stage bits unlocked - didn't think it'd bother me much originally but it irked me enough in the end that I just stopped bothering playing at all. They should have kept both the day limit option AND the new system imo, because as much as I enjoyed creating it just felt a bit choresome even when I was trying to follow a thing that said how to unlock it all fast!

Right now I'm losing interest because I can't create any more. I can understand why there are limits... but I think it just takes too long to unlock the next few levels. I had a load of ideas when I got my 20-30 levels.. hit the 30 cap.. now I just have to wait... and my ideas have just about dried up now.

WiiU_SMM_Mercedes_SCRN_1-656x369.jpg

Final new costume

Mercedes-Benz has created an original Super Mario Maker Event Course that will be delivered with a special costume for players to unlock at no additional charge. The course, called Mercedes-Benz Jump’n’Drive, arrives today and includes an unlockable Mercedes-Benz GLA costume that shows Mario in the driver’s seat. Once players unlock it by completing the level, they can add it to their collection of Mystery Mushroom costumes.

The Mercedes-Benz Jump’n’Drive level is available in the “Event Courses” section of Super Mario Maker, which showcases special levels presented by Nintendo and partners. (Photo: Business Wire)

“Super Mario Maker continues to grow and evolve with new courses and content,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “It’s great that a luxury car brand like Mercedes-Benz recognizes the ability to create fun courses and share them with others.”

This special content marks the second time that Mercedes-Benz has made fun additions to a Nintendo game: The GLA is one of multiple free downloadable vehicles in Mario Kart 8. The new Super Mario Maker Event Course was created by Mario fans at Mercedes-Benz who were inspired by the GLA’s appearance in Mario Kart 8 and wanted to build a level with Mario taking the GLA on a road trip. The Mercedes-Benz Event Course takes players through a variety of automotive-related areas, including being at the dealership, taking a test drive through a city and eventually cruising down the autobahn. And as with any good Mario level, some surprises wait to be discovered.

“We are delighted to once again be represented in a blockbuster game like Super Mario Maker,” says Dr. Jens Thiemer, Vice President Marketing Mercedes-Benz cars. “Mercedes-Benz and Super Mario have a lot in common. Above all, they share the same vision: to inspire their customers and fans.”

The Super Mario Maker game lets players create, play and share their own Mario courses using a wide array of enemies, objects and power-ups. Millions of courses have been uploaded for people to play, many using elements of the Mushroom Kingdom in ways never before encountered. Nintendo also has previously added a course designed by Facebook, the course featured in the final round of the 2015 PAX Prime Omegathon and other courses designed by Nintendo.

The Mercedes-Benz Jump’n’Drive level is available in the “Event Courses” section of Super Mario Maker, which showcases special levels presented by Nintendo and partners. The level from Mercedes-Benz, the game’s exclusive automotive partner, can be downloaded for free by everyone who owns the game.

Well, I didn't see that coming... And yet, I feel like I really should have.

I love it! Nice little throwback to the (Hilarious) Mercedes karts in MK8.

Final new costume

What makes this the "Final" one? Sure, it's the last in the extra row the Mystery Mushroom costumes got in the update, but nothing's stopping Ninty from just adding a new row in the future.

Well, I didn't see that coming... And yet, I feel like I really should have.

I love it! Nice little throwback to the (Hilarious) Mercedes karts in MK8.

What makes this the "Final" one? Sure, it's the last in the extra row the Mystery Mushroom costumes got in the update, but nothing's stopping Ninty from just adding a new row in the future.

Final for now :p