NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

For those that don't vist the main site (what'swrongwithyou?.gif) here's that vid with the stages I made:

I didn't include all of the "secret" elements in that vid though (like the correct path to the goal on Dodgy shroom ;)) as I plan to recreate those courses on the retail version so didn't want to spoil them.

There's also a Babyface > MPface.gif hidden in each course (the one at the very end of the last level is just an extra). :hehe:

Will be including 1 in all of my stages, did the same thing with WarioWare: D.I.Y., so it's become a kind of tradition. :laughing:

I love this game

I really wanted to mention this in the review, but it's tied to something else which can't be talked about... :woops:

But yeah, my face when that mini-game first popped up was a picture. :D

My God! I can already feel myself getting a heart attack just looking at Here's Thwompy! :shakehead

Great stuff! Looking forward to Spot the Babyface! : peace:

I just watched the stream they did with guys from Playtonic/Rare. Their levels look really well designed.

I've tried to find this but without result.

Do you still have a link to it?

Analysing the Mario games feature in SMM to design a SMM level:

I posed a Game Maker's Toolkit video analysing Mario level design in the general Wii U thread if anyone is interested.

Wish I never watched that video, spoiler warning needed,

didn't know goombas were playable...

But by god am I going to love this game.

Edited by Ike
Spoilers

Glad I watched that video, no spoilers for me, just really interesting to see what's possible... By the great gods of Nintendo this piece of software shall surely be spectacular!

@Mike I was reading the Telegraph's 5/5 review for this this morning and, in talking about some of the user created levels he enjoyed, referenced your maths one I believe! Check out the review below but pretty sure it's yours he described, unless someone else had that very idea...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/what-to-play/super-mario-maker-review/?utm_medium=Nintendo+UK&utm_source=twitter

Analysing the Mario games feature in SMM to design a SMM level:

I posed a Game Maker's Toolkit video analysing Mario level design in the general Wii U thread if anyone is interested.

Never heard of them before but that video was pretty interesting! The guy's intonation slightly reminds me of ReZ at times though :p

@Mike I was reading the Telegraph's 5/5 review for this this morning and, in talking about some of the user created levels he enjoyed, referenced your maths one I believe! Check out the review below but pretty sure it's yours he described, unless someone else had that very idea...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/what-to-play/super-mario-maker-review/?utm_medium=Nintendo+UK&utm_source=twitter

Oh cool! Thanks for letting me know! :yay: That one's turned out to be my most popular, followed by the ducking one and the ice and fire one. Kind of wish more people had tried the tower one, though - I was pretty pleased with how that turned out! Still trying to decide whether to remake them when the full version comes out...

Wish I never watched that video, spoiler warning needed,
didn't know goombas were playable

... But by god am I going to love this game.

Didn't watch the video, shouldn't have read this post, you spoiled it too! Haha

It amazes me what people call spoilers.

It amazes me people consider a game like SMM as one that would be spoilerable.

I'm just constantly amazed.

But obviously my intent was not to spoil. Although at what point does it show that?

Edited by Ashley

It amazes me what people call spoilers.

It amazes me people consider a game like SMM as one that would be spoilerable.

I'm just constantly amazed.

But obviously my intent was not to spoil. Although at what point does it show that?

People want Costume Mario that aren't amiibo to be a surprise.

Just to clarify on the thing people are calling a spoiler, I believe it had already been featured on either a trailer or one of the Treehouse Live vids. :hmm: Anyway, it certainly wasn't on Nintendo's list of things not to be shown, otherwise I wouldn't of included it. :blank:

Even so, apologies to anyone that feels it was a spoiler.

looking forward to playing Red Shells creations in this as much as I am looking forward to playing the game itself.

Didn't watch the video, shouldn't have read this post, you spoiled it too! Haha

Haha, sorry about that.

As for the spoiler thing, it's obviously not a big deal, but I guess there's still some joy and finding out the secrets. If I played that level and that happened and I didn't know it would have been great!

So, where's everybody ordering from?

I'm considering ShopTo, but they haven't been great the last couple of times I used them, any places that are decently priced that also get it out to you fast enough for launch day or beforehand?

Amazon. They've yet to fail delivering on the release for me. (Except with Until Dawn but that was my fault, ordered it quite late!)

Yay, finally ordered it! Shame I won't have the Internet with it until the 16th! :(

So, where's everybody ordering from?

I'm considering ShopTo, but they haven't been great the last couple of times I used them, any places that are decently priced that also get it out to you fast enough for launch day or beforehand?

I ordered from TheGameCollection via Rakuten a couple of weeks ago due to a discount code :smile:

TheGameCollection have been excellent any time I have used them previously so I feel confident about using them for this :grin:

Ordering from the Nintendo store... :blank:

It's the obvious choice isn't it? :heh:

I went with the Game Collection. Decided I didn't want the Amiibo. It's cheaper to buy the Amiibo separately, anyway.

Still trying to decide whether to remake them when the full version comes out...

Please, please, please do! The world need to play your courses. Surely the game will have its share of bad courses, yours will help tip the scale the other way.