NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

Having tried a Super Mario World run with mates on the weekend - I foresee a lot of challenge and chuckle in Mario Maker. I'm more familiar with the levels so not too shabby(but still kinda, especially after 6 or so cans) but my mates were finding it harder/longer than I expected - hadn't quite realised how old school pattern learning it all really is. Not just in the head but in the hands too(a number of times we kept making a mistake where we KNEW we shouldn't) - so I think MM is going to be a very interesting and time-consuming release at the end of it all! Excited, but really should order some time soon...

I am more excited for this game than I really think I should be haha

I'm less excited for this game than I should be :red:

I'll make a fiendish level for you to play and reignite the 2D Mario spark :)

I suspect this will be a GOTY contender on IGN by the end of the year. It won't win of course but they're ridiculously excited about it over there and Nintendo certainly aren't half arsing it.

What's not doing it for you?

What's not doing it for you?

I'm not sure ::shrug:

I know that I'll get it and have fun with it but I kinda feel like I should be more enthusiastic about it than I am right now.

It should be great, though :heh:

If you buy the Wii U bundle on Nintendo UK, you also get a plush 8-bit Mario

11153764-1244314040718004.jpg

I want one! I'll have to settle for the t-shirt bundle I have and hope I can get that elsewhere.

I don't like the daily unlock thing. They should do a "cheat code" for experienced players.

The music thing looks awesome, though. I'm looking forward to seeing what people can do with those blocks.

I don't like the daily unlock thing. They should do a "cheat code" for experienced players.

The music thing looks awesome, though. I'm looking forward to seeing what people can do with those blocks.

Yeah. By the time I'll unlock everything, I'll have to stop playing for a week or two to cover Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon :(

You can record your own sounds?! This game just gets better and better. Sorry Splatoon, I think your game of the year crown is going to go!! Battlefront is the only other thing that can squeeze it in! I think the game won't, but the fact it's star wars may tip it. Can't wait to play it!

I hope you can send levels to friends without needing for it to be vetted. I want to send X rated stages to people

List of the unlocks from GAF

CFHbLLi.jpg

I guess it can inspire creativity so people don't go all in with "lol let's throw everything at people" and can help the more casual player get into it, but I just wish they said "Or you could unlock it all now"

You can record your own sounds?! This game just gets better and better. Sorry Splatoon, I think your game of the year crown is going to go!! Battlefront is the only other thing that can squeeze it in! I think the game won't, but the fact it's star wars may tip it. Can't wait to play it!

I hope you can send levels to friends without needing for it to be vetted. I want to send X rated stages to people

Splatoon as game of the year?! That's crazy talk man, it's good but nowhere near that good.

Back to this game though, holy crap it's better than I imagined it would be! I'm glad they've pushed the boat out on it... this is more like it Nintendo!

Edited by Kav

I like the daily unlocks, it's for the best I think.

As for the sound and special effects, WOW! And I assumed we already knew everything about this game.

Recordable sounds!? Oh dear... Moderation suddenly just became that much harder... :laughing:

Those Mario Paint vibes... :love:

And baby face's HD debut. :grin:

I am hyped to the absolute max. :bouncy:

Splatoon as game of the year?! That's crazy talk man, it's good but nowhere near that good.

Back to this game though, holy crap it's better than I imagined it would be! I'm glad they've pushed the boat out on it... this is more like it Nintendo!

Aren't we all a little crazy? I know I am....

I actually think it's game of the generation so far, across all systems. I genuinely believe it's one of the best games of the past decade. I even think it could be one of my favourite games of all time.

Yeah, I'm so psyched for this game too. While not havingeverything right away sucks, I'm going to make some awesome levels with the available tools as it is :)

This might seem like a dumb question but... do you think there'll be enough fun to be had if you're way too lazy to make levels? Like just playing other peoples' levels, etc.

This might seem like a dumb question but... do you think there'll be enough fun to be had if you're way too lazy to make levels? Like just playing other peoples' levels, etc.

More fun than should probably be allowed. :)