NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

That's a shame. Mario Maker 2 should have been easy if they built on the first, but they messed up the sharing. Sending stuff to friends via Miiverse was great, and the online browser made sharing courses immensely easy as you could send a link and people could press a button to send it to their game instead of a long code.

This version is better than the second for those reasons, it's a shame Nintendo messed up the sharing features of the second.

• Like 1

How many nails can Nintendo actually get in the Wii U coffin??

Anyway, this seems like a shame, I'm sure it's a very low number of people still playing on Wii U but with Nintendo's vast reserves of money is it really necessary to shut it down? I think the writing is on the wall for online gaming for Mario Kart 8 on Wii U with this news too. 

Very sad, but also inevitable.  SMM’s online servers probably cost a fair amount to maintain, so it was always gonna go down faster than other 3DS/Wii U games.

And this is why it’s absolutely insane that SMM2 doesn’t have any local wireless level sharing features!

Edited by Dcubed

It's official! Super Mario Maker has been beaten!

If you're not aware, people have been striving to complete every legitimately uploaded level in this game before the servers go down.

I say legitimately, because there was one level left for a while, called "Trimming the Herbs". But it turns out that the uploader used a TAS (Tool Assisted Speedrun) to clear the level. So in a lovely coincidence, the last legit level cleared was "The Last Dance".

• Thanks 1

On 23/03/2024 at 5:23 AM, Glen-i said:

I say legitimately, because there was one level left for a while, called "Trimming the Herbs". But it turns out that the uploader used a TAS (Tool Assisted Speedrun) to clear the level. So in a lovely coincidence, the last legit level cleared was "The Last Dance".

Well then! Those nutters weren't exactly going to let a thing like TAS-style execution stop them, were they?

Someone's actually done it! And 3 days before the servers go down!