NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

check in your saved courses.. maybe the game has some flagged as uploaded even though they aren't??

I've made an extra course, but until I get the required stars (17 at last check) can't upload new ones. There are two or three I want to remove, but I'll leave them there until I have a second and third course lined up to replace them!

On my saved courses they have exclamation marks in the corner, and when you try and upload it responds with something like ' cannot upload as it has been previously deleted from the server.' I have uploaded an improved version of the last course I made earlier. Not sure if I'll get fully back into it, as I have a massive backlog of games that include game cube and ds games. Yet I've decided to start xenoblade x ... I'm an idiot!

On my saved courses they have exclamation marks in the corner, and when you try and upload it responds with something like ' cannot upload as it has been previously deleted from the server.' I have uploaded an improved version of the last course I made earlier. Not sure if I'll get fully back into it, as I have a massive backlog of games that include game cube and ds games. Yet I've decided to start xenoblade x ... I'm an idiot!

So just "alter" all your courses. if you add a block then delete it I think it counts separately? if not just put in an inconsequential change.. like a block somewhere that is impossible to to see, or a warp pipe that is blocked off at the other end so it just sends people straight back...?

That's what I was thinking. I added random things then saved again, but it didn't count as separate. I even made it a new save with a different name to no avail. I'll try the deleting method though and see what happens.

The next costume is up

Secretly, Pilot Mario is the best Mario.

If only for the "WTF?" factor.

The Super Mario Maker blind race section of AGDQ was amazing!!

Great levels too, very well designed (note the little hints given, like the screen and sound effects for when the shells come back. Also note how you can always see the oncoming obstacles from far away? You're given ample time to react :))

Some great ideas that I'm jotting down for myself ;)

Edited by Dcubed

The Super Mario Maker blind race section of AGDQ was amazing!!

Great levels too, very well designed (note the little hints given, like the screen and sound effects for when the shells come back. Also note how you can always see the oncoming obstacles from far away? You're given ample time to react :))

Some great ideas that I'm jotting down for myself ;)

Thanks for posting that. :) Only watched the first 4 stages so far, but have been amazed by the course designs and sheer skill of these players! :o

This kind of stuff is just so much fun to watch (knew they were on to a winner at the Nintendo World Championships) and confirms that Super Mario Maker is going to live on for a very long time indeed. ;)

Thanks for posting that. :) Only watched the first 4 stages so far, but have been amazed by the course designs and sheer skill of these players! :o

This kind of stuff is just so much fun to watch (knew they were on to a winner at the Nintendo World Championships) and confirms that Super Mario Maker is going to live on for a very long time indeed. ;)

Looking forward to this year's NWCs. They were a fun watch last year!

Let's just hope that they remember to map the button that activates the Virtual Console menu to nothing this time. Was embarrassing watching everyone continuously opening it up during the last one :laughing:

I bet that Mario Maker will be a staple of future AGDQs after its reception here. Blind runs of it are just so perfect for tournaments and events like this :)

Amazing, it looks like the concept for Super Mario Maker and indeed simplified user-created content and game-making was something which existed in a patent by Nintendo as early as the Nineties... :D

original.jpg

Just imagine if that had come out when it did, no doubt it would have been expensive but still, I wonder if any working prototypes were ever made? Probably not but still, pretty amazing stuff... : peace:

original.jpg

Wow! That's awesome! Cheers for posting that! : peace:

It was probably the prototype for Mario Paint (which in of itself is kind of a prototype for Super Mario Maker and Wario Ware DIY ;) ).

Cool to see the SNES Dev Kit as well! (Four controller ports? Guess they had that in mind well before the N64!)

Had no idea that they were developing a SNES keyboard and Microphone as well! That patent is a real treasure! :D

Fired this up today and played all the new stages to nab the costumes. I decided I would have a crack at expert 100 Mario challenge as I still need a few more outfits. I figured the troll levels may have stopped by now....how wrong I was.

In this clip, just replace the message board users with the morons who keep making these levels and you know just how I feel.

*shelves game again*

On the bookmark site, can you not search for a specific level, even by it's course ID?

If so that is so utterly stupid!

On the bookmark site, can you not search for a specific level, even by it's course ID?

If so that is so utterly stupid!

Nope, can't search specific courses and yes it is indeed insanely stupid.

On a lighter note, Nintendo Japan just launched a cool little website where you can make desktop wallpapers with a MM style interface :)

http://mariomaker-wp.nintendo.co.jp/

Works on mobile as well (auto detects what phone you have and lets you select your model, which has the correct resolution set)

Nice.

I was sat at work the other day browsing the bookmarker on my phone and then it hit me... Why don't Nintendo release a digital only 3DS version so we can (at the very least) play levels on the go. Super Mario Player if you will. Would be great to browse the bookmarker on the 3DS and play something instantly. Wonder if they'd be able to get it running given the 3DS's technical abilities.

I was sat at work the other day browsing the bookmarker on my phone and then it hit me... Why don't Nintendo release a digital only 3DS version so we can (at the very least) play levels on the go. Super Mario Player if you will. Would be great to browse the bookmarker on the 3DS and play something instantly. Wonder if they'd be able to get it running given the 3DS's technical abilities.

mario-muncher-correct.0.gif

I'm gonna go with no...

That's an amazing reveal video for those Pokémon costumes, love it! :D

That's an amazing reveal video for those Pokémon costumes, love it! :D

This is what happens when Charmander has to swim

Ca-0sUJW0AA0h2t.png:orig

A lot of effort went in here

Edited by Serebii