NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

Starting to see some fairly interresting stuff on Youtube.

Can't wait until people start figuring out how to do stuff they're not supposed to be able to. Like in Little Big Planet.

The dream (allbeit super unlikely) would be to somehow make 3D levels.

Have created 2 levels for my first Super Mario World World :D

Will do two more.

I think they turned out pretty good so far. A bit challenging but nothing too difficult. And definitely no troll levels.

When I'm done with the 4, I'll upload them and hope you guys give it a go. : peace:

Done a 100-Mario Challenge. Man, there were some garbage levels in there...

Edited by drahkon

Starting to see some fairly interresting stuff on Youtube.

Can't wait until people start figuring out how to do stuff they're not supposed to be able to. Like in Little Big Planet.

The dream (allbeit super unlikely) would be to somehow make 3D levels.

I don't see how that's possible with what we have here.

So I'm sure have been noticing that I've been playing through all of the N-Europe levels so far. Ran out of time, will have to carry on tomorrow.

Left lots of comments though. SOOOO much more fun then the majority of levels I play in 100 Mario Challenge!

@Glen\-i Thanks for the comments, btw. I'm still trying to work out the best way that levels should be laid out. It can be difficult to work out what is hard for others. The Skinny Mario one was intended to be an easy "for fun" level. I did attempt people to get used to the jumps with the arcs at the front (if you do the same jump, the flames can never hit you). Still, I realise it's not a good level.

I've not actually played two of the games this is based on. And the other two I've not completed. So I don't have a lot of experience with Mario levels.

I should mention my second comment on your level was by my mate Johno, @Mike. He really wanted to write something, mostly something making me sound like a basic child :rolleyes:

(but it's still a fantastic level! He isn't much of a Mario-er so it was fun watching him play and balance the maths vs the platforming :D!)

@PeterI0 i played three of your levels, all three had enemies drop from the sky directly onto you... I can't believe my gamepad survived being smashed up :)

Any idea how many stars needed to upload more than 10 levels? I have 44 currently... :-|

I don't see how that's possible with what we have here.

Yeah, I think it's unlikely too. But it wasn't supposed to be possible in LBP either. It'll probably be some time before people figure out what you can do with Mario Maker, so I wouldn't be surprised if we'll see some stuff we can't even imagine right now.

Plus, didn't Nintendo confirm they'll be including more features in the future?

Any idea how many stars needed to upload more than 10 levels? I have 44 currently... :-|

Almost there! It's only a matter of time.

I'm barely getting any playthroughs of my last couple of levels. Way more of the first four I did last week. I wonder if players have dropped out or more likely there are just so many courses out there now, the probability for a player finding them in 100 Mario Challenge has diminished.

@PeterI0 i played three of your levels, all three had enemies drop from the sky directly onto you... I can't believe my gamepad survived being smashed up :)

You know, I had to really think about that and I suppose that they do all have that sort of thing. It was not intentional at the time (the slow scrolling up is my excuse).

I assure you that you level placed my game pad in equal danger. :heh:

Edit: Thanks for playing the levels. The next one will be frustrating in a different way.

Who said Mario games had no storyline? :heh:

By the way, what would happen if you choose "not far"?

questions, questions....

Clearly the best level right here lairds

I watched that forgetting I had

playing in the background. It was.... oddly fitting with the visuals and the sorta detective style narration. Actually thought it was part of the video, haha.

Great, great level. They just keep getting more creative.

Who said Mario games had no storyline? :heh:

By the way, what would happen if you choose "not far"?

questions, questions....

I need to find out...

Edited by Guy
Always a reason to edit.

I've only had this a week, obviously, but I was amazed to see that I've already put more than 18 hours into it :eek:

I haven't played that many levels from other people so most of that has some from trying to create my own courses.. and I've only finished 3!

I managed to break Yoshi while playtesting my latest course: :heh:

He got something stuck inside his mouth and didn't want to spit it out. It turned him into Zombie Yoshi! :D

Still not sure exactly what caused it, and have not been able to replicate it, but the way Mario waddled while riding Yoshi in this state cracked me up: :laughing:

Give that stage a try, see if you can unleash Zombie Yoshi. :hehe:

Finally caught up with all of Redshell's levels. Utterly genius the lot of them, especially the Wario Ware ones (I hate you for coming up with the idea before me! :p )

Gotta up my game and get back in there making! : peace:

Is there an easy way I can share screenshots from my levels without some outdated capture setup or something? I'd rather not be taking cellphone pictures of my screen.

One of my favourite levels of the ones I've made so far, but was still on a limited toolset (unlocking and what not).

Thwomp-note Castle

CF04-0000-004C-418C

Is there an easy way I can share screenshots from my levels without some outdated capture setup or something? I'd rather not be taking cellphone pictures of my screen.

One of my favourite levels of the ones I've made so far, but was still on a limited toolset (unlocking and what not).

Thwomp-note Castle

CF04-0000-004C-418C

You can upload screenshots to an image host site directly with the Wii U browser. Just press the home button to take the screenshot, click on the Wii U browser and go to an image hosting site like Imgur or whatever and click on upload. Obviously, It helps to make an account on the site so you can access all your images easily.

iJAcVYRQsBKGe.jpg

(Not a level I created, this level came up during an expert run on 100 Mario's lol)

Edited by Helmsly

Finally caught up with all of Redshell's levels. Utterly genius the lot of them, especially the Wario Ware ones (I hate you for coming up with the idea before me! :p )

Gotta up my game and get back in there making! : peace:

Cheers mate, glad you enjoyed 'em. :)

And thanks for all the comments on Miiverse. That one about getting killed on my Kirby course (by running out of time :heh:) was hilarious! :bowdown:

This is worth watching for some tips and ideas, Nintendo UK had Playtonic Games (the team making Yooka-Laylee) showcase some levels they made in Mario Maker.

Oh dear... This is waaay too addicting. I've played hours upon hours and it still feels like I've done nothing. I deliberately set about unlocking everything (accomplished, now hurry up extra DLC themes/enemies/power-ups/interactions). I made about 8 mini levels while I did that, now I've set about making a full-length Mario Bros level. About four fields in... Of course I spent ages on a puzzle bit, getting used to what it would allow (p-switching blocks won't drop a bob-bomb pipe, but it will drop a bob-bomb bullet).

I'm going to ultimately aim for one of each theme for each version, but will settle for one great level a version. I'm trying to decide whether an overall theme for a level or some sort of multi-style level is best (current one switches style every field like an obstacle course).

Clearly the best level right here lairds

What do you do when you realize you made crap compared to others...? I will get better! Yoshi bit was hilarious. Damn you, you cold bastard Mario!