NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

Ordered it. The second Wii U game I bought.

Looking forward to giving this a go with the lady : peace:

Make a level for her to play and at the end draw a penis and then when she looks at you just do this:

seductive_eyebrows_community.gif

#supermariomember

Make a level for her to play and at the end draw a penis and then when she looks at you just do this:

seductive_eyebrows_community.gif

#supermariomember

That's really childish. :blank:

:blank:

Was going to be the first thing I do. And then I'll do her. BOOOOOOYAAAAH.

Yeah, I'll leave now.

Send help! :shakehead

Seriously, I can't stop... :shakehead

*collapses*

Why are you so damn addictive Super Mario Maker? :D

How do you speed up the rails ? I have made a course but I want them to be super fast.

You can shake the skull platforms to make it faster. Wings will make other objects faster.

Edit: Whoops, put it in the wrong thread. Apologies

Edited by Serebii

Am I being a bit dim, or is the level finding options way limited? No way to find friends levels, no search function? lolwut Nintendo?

Finally got to play this after being away at the weekend. Made my first level (probably similar to a load of other first levels) which is just a simple 1-1 world. I'll get to uploading and searching all you guys' levels later.

There are a couple of mildly annoying things I've noticed.

- The game doesn't seem to like scrolling up. It seems like it hopes that you'll come down again soon, so it waits.

- Pipe spawns are slow to start. It's quite easy to get past Piranha Plants before they first appear.

This is all well and good and all, but seriously Nintendo: it's a game based on sharing creations. Why isn't it seamless?

Understandable, but given Nintendo's track record, it's a miracle the sharing function is this good in the first place.

Guess we can only hope for some kind of update.

EDIT: So I went into Miiverse and saw this little comment on one of my levels.

tumblr_mfkwx1o0MP1rj6akzo1_500.gif

I love you!

Edited by Glen-i
Automerged Doublepost

Game should arrive tomorrow (Amazon still hasn't dispatched it............).

How big can a level you create be? I've seen only - in my opinion - very, very short levels so far.

And what's the fastet way to unlock all the stuff you can get for creating?

Edited by drahkon

How do I get the update fellas? Still have to wait daily to get new tilesets. My wiiU doesn't have any new info in download management. FFS lol

How big can a level you create be? I've seen only - in my opinion - very, very short levels so far.

240x27 tiles (L x H) for both main canvas and sub canvas.

240x27 tiles (L x H) for both main canvas and sub canvas.

How does that compare to, let's say, the average level size of Super Mario World?

And is it likely we'll see some for of DLC. Most importantly something like: Creating an own world with several levels?

Edited by drahkon

How does that compare to, let's say, the average level size of Super Mario World?

I'd say the maximum length just about exceeds an average SMW course. But remember, here you have both a main and sub canvas at your disposal, so the total length can be considered at least double of an average SMW course.

But the height is limiting if you want to do a climbing-type level. I think it was Michael that did some clever trickery with the review copy of the game, and made a level that felt like a tower. He posted a video of the level, and it looks fantastic!

The maximum height should have been around 120-150 tiles. What I'd love, is to be able to choose length and height myself, limited only by total area.

So... I'm nearly done with my first set of four levels! (Been working all weekend, so I only had yesterday to work on the last two - I spent more or less the entire day working on em!)

1-3 and 1-4 have turned out disgustingly well. So well in fact that it kind of makes my first two look a bit crap in comparison :laughing:

When I get back from work I'm gonna go back and just polish them up. It's crazy just how the tiniest of changes (a single block in many cases) can make such a huge difference to the overall feel of a level! :o

So for all those chomping at the bit to tuck into my levels, Please Understand. I'm gonna need just a little longer to make them just right...

Lol! Good stuff :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed

There are a couple of mildly annoying things I've noticed.

- The game doesn't seem to like scrolling up. It seems like it hopes that you'll come down again soon, so it waits.

- Pipe spawns are slow to start. It's quite easy to get past Piranha Plants before they first appear.

Yeah, I'm with you in regards to the pipes. My latest level is victim to that.

Game has arrived. Can see myself creating quite a lot of levels, actually...

...as soon as every tool is unlocked... :indeed:

But everything has been said regarding that.

Will try to make challenging and tough levels without making them trolly or annoying. :)

And some easier levels for my girlfriend. To introduce her into more "serious" platforming :D

Edited by drahkon

CD Keys has the digital copy for £31.55 or £29.99 with a Facebook like.

Not having Facebook myself, I think I might bite at that few quid saving when I'm home later :)