NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

Does this timed-unlocking-stuff-thingy start as soon as I play the game for the first time, or will I have everything unlocked when I buy the game in 2 weeks?

It's based on your save, not the calendar

Played it for a bit. There are some douchey courses out there. There's no way to down vote is there?

I did the cheat to unlock some stuff but only got one more row (in two uneven unlocks). It's going to be tedious getting there.

And never have I seen anything more ridiculous in a game than this:

zj84ud.jpg

GEE GOLLY THANKS!

Well, that's stupid. :indeed:
It was even stupider before. :heh: Be thankful that Nintendo changed it to how it is now. I sure am.

@RedShell, you'll probably be able to put these to good use - you can attach sound effects to Mario, which activate under different circumstances.
Cheers, yeah I messed with that back on the review copy. Babyface + Mario is a funny combo. :laughing:

One thing I never worked out how to do before though was this...

Activating the CRT effect without a 30th anniversary amiibo!:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse
It's down on the D-Pad + A&B just before a course starts if anyone didn't know. :)

Anyway, just uploaded a brand new course. Seeing all the complaints about courses being too hard/trolly, I decided to create one where death is impossible... Or is it?

Please check it out:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Also, would appreciate it if someone could play my N-E swimming course to check if one of the Miiverse posts I made on it shows up. It's at the start, near the N-E logo. The reason I wonder is because I set it as a spoiler, so I'm not sure if they're visible in-game or not.

I must say, I'm loving the Dark Souls style, see where other players died on your course thing. Really cool:

a9pWkRM.jpg

Loving this game so much. :heart:

45 minutes remain for the delivery. It's so not coming today.

So fucking pissed.

Damn. That's too bad. :(

Can't believe Nintendo Store dropped the ball like that. :blank:

You should probably avoid this thread BTW.

It was even stupider before. :heh: Be thankful that Nintendo changed it to how it is now. I sure am.

Cheers, yeah I messed with that back on the review copy. Babyface + Mario is a funny combo. :laughing:

One thing I never worked out how to do before though was this...

Activating the CRT effect without a 30th anniversary amiibo!:

It's down on the D-Pad + A&B just before a course starts if anyone didn't know. :)

Anyway, just uploaded a brand new course. Seeing all the complaints about courses being too hard/trolly, I decided to create one where death is impossible... Or is it?

Please check it out:

Also, would appreciate it if someone could play my N-E swimming course to check if one of the Miiverse posts I made on it shows up. It's at the start, near the N-E logo. The reason I wonder is because I set it as a spoiler, so I'm not sure if they're visible in-game or not.

I must say, I'm loving the Dark Souls style, see where other players died on your course thing. Really cool:

a9pWkRM.jpg

Loving this game so much. :heart:

Damn. That's too bad. :(

Can't believe Nintendo Store dropped the ball like that. :blank:

You should probably avoid this thread BTW.

Probably should but I won't. I want to see the fun everyone else has so it can feed my rage to yell at Yodel on Monday.

Really tempted to just download and resell the disc and case (keeping the artbook and amiibo) when/if it comes

Trying to unlock the costumes is becoming a painful affair. I may just shelve the game until the levels massively increase in quality. So far it's just been....

b3dgu.gif

Amazon have assured me (three times today) that it'll be here before 9PM. I'm not convinced but we shall see!

Amazon have assured me (three times today) that it'll be here before 9PM. I'm not convinced but we shall see!

Yodel assured me by 7pm. It's now 6:28. They lied

It's going to be tedious getting there.

Yes playing a fantastic game for 5 days to unlock everything, how tedious.

Some people don't like to be mollycoddled or treated like children.

As I said a month or so ago; this is a creation tool first a foremost and you shouldn't lock out half of the tools at any point. It'd be like Photoshop not allowing you to use half it's features until it thought you were ready.

@Cube!

Seriously dude. :heh:

Can it be done, or is there another route? Loving the Star Fox sprites/sounds. :)

I got the game because I wanted to create levels limited by my imagination, not be forced to wait to get everything.

Allow me to have an opinion thanks.

Seriously dude. :heh:

Can it be done, or is there another route? Loving the Star Fox sprites/sounds. :)

Yes. It was actually harder at one point (I somehow managed it, but couldn't when I tried to upload it). So I made it easier.

@RedShell nice to see an "easy" level with actual challenge to it.

I found the spot, but couldn't quite jump to it.

This doesn't help me with your underwater P switch / Arwing of doom course. :heh:

Yes. It was actually harder at one point (I somehow managed it, but couldn't when I tried to upload it). So I made it easier.
oh man... :hehe:

I must do it!

This doesn't help me with your underwater P switch / Arwing of doom course. :heh:

oh man... :hehe:

I must do it!

Just cleared that stage. It's the pink coral that is placed on the floor that screws you over.

Just realised Mario and myself would have been in the same year at school, as I turn 30 in March.

The pointless shit you think about whilst waiting for evening delivery men.

For those having trouble unlocking timed component sets, all you have to do to unlock them quickly is play around with the new stuff for a few minutes until the game says you have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow, and then spam blocks everywhere for a while and they unlock early.

For those having trouble unlocking timed component sets, all you have to do to unlock them quickly is play around with the new stuff for a few minutes until the game says you have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow, and then spam blocks everywhere for a while and they unlock early.

Yeah that's what I've been doing but still only managed to unlock one row (via two unlocks).

I'm half tempted to just not play the game again for a few weeks. As of Monday I'm working 12 days in a row then out the country for 4. Although I wonder if the 9 day thing still works...

Really tempted to just download and resell the disc and case (keeping the artbook and amiibo) when/if it comes

I would do that and send an angry email to Nintendo store. I bought it digital because it's just a lot more convenient for me.

Speaking of convenience, I'm slowly adding people, but it is SOOO tedious :/ plus I half imagine Nintendo fixing it so there is a friends list unlock at the end :D

Yeah that's what I've been doing but still only managed to unlock one row (via two unlocks).

I'm half tempted to just not play the game again for a few weeks. As of Monday I'm working 12 days in a row then out the country for 4. Although I wonder if the 9 day thing still works...

I don't think it works like that. I think you have to play around with the components until the delivery is scheduled for the next day every time you get new components.

Anyway, although I'm really enjoying the game, I'm finding the number of components a little lacking, even after unlocking everything. At the very least I'd like to see star coins and checkpoints. It would also be nice to have a few more level themes, and more game specific items and mechanics, and maybe a few more bosses. I'm sure this game is going to get a ton of DLC like that though.