NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

My word, the quality of the levels I've encountered randomly are just garbage.

Bad level designs, disconnected pipes and enemies in ? boxes already feel like the oldest joke ever. It's worse than I feared.

Best go back to making levels...

Bad level designs, disconnected pipes and enemies in ? boxes already feel like the oldest joke ever. It's worse than I feared.

Yep... That's what it's pretty much like. I've only used an enemy inside an item box once, and that was as part of a puzzle in my Tower level.

And speaking of my levels, A Song of Ice and Fire: 5C7F-0000-0012-36F8

How come people seem to have unlocked so much? Also, am I being stupid? I can't seem to have pipes as enter able, and I can't get the Mario trail to sort my jumps and platforms out.

Also Mike, went on your profile and that level isn't there.

You ain't wrong there. I'm on playing the 100 Mario Challenge and the levels are absolute tripe. They are either stupidly easy ( just run to the right to win ) or they are cheap as hell. Now, I appreciate the game has just come out but I was still expecting something better than this!

I was playing one level where you actually could get to the exit unless you had a mushroom. The flagpole was guarded by an army of piranha plants so you had to get hit just to make it to the exit. Just stupid. That's one of the better ones I've seen!

The flagpole was guarded by an army of piranha plants so you had to get hit just to make it to the exit. Just stupid. That's one of the better ones I've seen!

I may have done this with my latest level. Although I think I have good reason (and there's a pipe spawn for them at the end, so it's not annoying).

Well most of the levels on there are tutorial levels people are just testing the water with . Give it a couple of weeks there will be some masterpeices no doubt.

what a fantastic and generous game Nintendo have given us with these tools :)

God it doesn't sound too great so far...one of my big worries was just ending up with a crapload of crap levels! Is it easy to find 'good' levels outside of the randoming?

Also in my own Mario Maker news...the parcel that was despatched yesterday and ready for collection this morning was picked up aaaat...19.57pm. What is with their bizarre charging/shipping times?? My Yodel estimated delivery is currently Sat 12th September, I may well pre-emptively follow up on that Nintendo e-mail in teh morn...

(amusingly SimplyGames e-mailed today to say that Destiny TTK had shipped, I am going to ragelol if that somehow arrives before this considering it isn't due to be out until next week!)

Edited by Rummy

I think the quality of levels will improve as time goes on. At the moment, it's just idiots pissing about with the mechanics. As time passes and they get more used to things, we'll get more quality content.

tumblr_inline_mp0cl93t6j1qz4rgp.gif

Ouch :(

Free pin badge you say? I was going to hold off a bit/order from Amazon with a voucher I have but I may have to reconsider with this news!

In fact, I'm going to have to go with Tesco because I've got a voucher I need to double up and use.

If anyone gets the pin and by any chance doesn't want it, I'd be very happy to send a few quid your way for it. PM me :)

hmm, I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon at the start of the week and it said it was due to arrive today. Now when I take a look at my orders page, it says I won't get it until Tuesday next week.

Not sure why that's happened, i have amazon prime so it shouldn't be down to postage.

I wonder if sites dedicated to reviewing and promoting levels will pop up...

I don't mind the levels. Go on the most starred and such and it's fine. But there really does need to be a proper search function. And YouTube uploads. And miiverse posts directly taking you to stages.

Considering I was thinking about buying this mainly for single player. After reading your views, I am holding fire. Doesn't sound great so far from what I am reading from you all.

Considering I was thinking about buying this mainly for single player. After reading your views, I am holding fire. Doesn't sound great so far from what I am reading from you all.

It's just early days. Every user generated content game is filled with crap from idiots on the first day

hmm, I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon at the start of the week and it said it was due to arrive today. Now when I take a look at my orders page, it says I won't get it until Tuesday next week.

Not sure why that's happened, i have amazon prime so it shouldn't be down to postage.

Room to complain? I'd certainly expect better from Amazon if I had Prime.

My own delivery worries seem to be somewhat availed - despite my worries the parcel met my local service center around 7 this morning and is currently out for delivery as of 20 minutes ago! The only two problems are that this is still Yodel, and I don't think anyone's in at the delivery address(whilst ironically, I am still at my place).

Back to the game though - how long does it take to sort of setup and get going? Like if I put it in the WiiU how long am I looking until I can be playing the levels from online?

It's just early days. Every user generated content game is filled with crap from idiots on the first day

And dicks. Always dicks.

Back to the game though - how long does it take to sort of setup and get going? Like if I put it in the WiiU how long am I looking until I can be playing the levels from online?

Best thing to do is load the game up, if you don't get an update - you should do as it's launch day now - then go along with the tutorial - only takes a few mins then once it lets you save the tutorial just exit to the Wii menu, load the game up again and you'll have the very brief day 1 update which after installing you'll then be able to play online to your hearts content! : peace:

All in all... maybe fifteen minutes? Less if you rush the tutorial but it's all so charmingly put together that you probably won't mind messing about with the blocks for a few minutes, I certainly didn't mind, I even went as far as to make my first level before touching the online but if you just want to skip straight to playing other peoples levels then that's cool too; there are some good ones up there already despite the multitude of not so great levels. :)

Do post your level ID in the thread if you get around to making one though, I'm looking forward to hopefully playing some N-E levels later tonight! :D

Best thing to do is load the game up, if you don't get an update - you should do as it's launch day now - then go along with the tutorial - only takes a few mins then once it lets you save the tutorial just exit to the Wii menu, load the game up again and you'll have the very brief day 1 update which after installing you'll then be able to play online to your hearts content! : peace:

All in all... maybe fifteen minutes? Less if you rush the tutorial but it's all so charmingly put together that you probably won't mind messing about with the blocks for a few minutes, I certainly didn't mind, I even went as far as to make my first level before touching the online but if you just want to skip straight to playing other peoples levels then that's cool too; there are some good ones up there already despite the multitude of not so great levels. :)

Do post your level ID in the thread if you get around to making one though, I'm looking forward to hopefully playing some N-E levels later tonight! :D

Excellent cheers! I'm working til like 9 and my mate's coming over shortly after so hoping I can get it somewhat up and ready before he arrives - he might be completely nonplussed but would like to show it off if I can! I don't know if/when I'll get round to designing anything - I'm buying mostly for other people's creations!

Apparently the day one update cuts out the 9 day wait to unlock everything, and does it based on playing time now? NINTENDO IN LISTENING TO FANS SHOCKER!! ;)

I bought Xenoblade Chronicles and Runbow this week for my week off starting tomorrow, yet been watching through the videos on eshop...hmmmmmmmm...

I guess with the naff levels, we've seen what people like @RedShell and @Mike can do so there will be some incredible ones out there in good time, can't imagine similar user content games had incredible levels straight off the bat?

Room to complain? I'd certainly expect better from Amazon if I had Prime.

Yeah, this is probably the first time I've formally complained about anything. In fact, right now, the Amazon store page for Mario Maker says its in stock and even has the option to have it delivered today, yet my pre-ordered amazon prime order won't arrive until next week.

Finally getting round to playing it now, so expect god-tier level designs coming shortly... (or at least, way better than the majority of garbage levels out there :p )

Oh BTW, be sure to check out the manual, it's awesome!

Here's a quick overview of the French version.

Mine hasn't arrived yet! I'm sure there will be plenty of rubbish levels, you can't expect everyone to make amazing levels, especially as a lot of players will be kids.

I'm still playing Watch Dogs and will leave this a few weeks as I'll wait until there are more levels and a bigger community.