NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

How are so many people getting this so early ?

The question you should be asking is "Why are you getting it so late?"

Actual answer: Online stores tend to ship stuff off ahead of time so that people don't miss release dates.

That said, I think it's about time I enquire about buying my copy early. Worth a shot.

How are so many people getting this so early ?

Excepting Cube, as it seems he has his somehow... and other than Mike and RedShell having review copies aren't most of us still waiting? The games out in two days! Was really hoping to have it by tomorrow though, so a little sad I won't.

Does anyone know btw if there's anything in Nintendo's T&C about not getting a game on release date? I'm gonna be super pissed if it isn't attempted on Friday, because I've no idea if we even have a postie come by on Saturdays...

Excepting Cube, as it seems he has his somehow... and other than Mike and RedShell having review copies aren't most of us still waiting? The games out in two days! Was really hoping to have it by tomorrow though, so a little sad I won't.

Does anyone know btw if there's anything in Nintendo's T&C about not getting a game on release date? I'm gonna be super pissed if it isn't attempted on Friday, because I've no idea if we even have a postie come by on Saturdays...

When MK8 didn't arrive on time a few of us got a digital copy as well as the physical copy that arrived late. I got my digital copy after the physical one (email lag..:blank:) but it meant I ended up getting the game for £20 effectively, along with the t-shirt and keyring and 2 free games from that free game promotion they had (although my nephew chose one of the 2 games and it hasn't really been played so much)

Excepting Cube, as it seems he has his somehow...

Mine was simply shipped early.

That said, I think it's about time I enquire about buying my copy early. Worth a shot.

Shot well taken!

ONLINE SHOPPING BLOWS!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25229-1365006558-21.gif

When MK8 didn't arrive on time a few of us got a digital copy as well as the physical copy that arrived late. I got my digital copy after the physical one (email lag..:blank:) but it meant I ended up getting the game for £20 effectively, along with the t-shirt and keyring and 2 free games from that free game promotion they had (although my nephew chose one of the 2 games and it hasn't really been played so much)

If only I should be that lucky - they'll probably say the payment issue was my fault. I checked the status and it's still awaiting despatch annoyingly - I'm wondering if they do a single pay run thing per day for the preorders system, rather than as is(hence myself and Ike getting the e-mail last night).

Speaking of @Ike - what does your order status say for estimated despatch? Because mine is actually Despatch Date Est. 11/09/2015 :wtf:

EDIT: It does look like they haven't even debited my credit card yet either. I'd probably get it faster if I bought a copy elsewhere right now.

Edited by Rummy

Mine was late and I didn't get a code.

Speaking of @Ike - what does your order status say for estimated despatch? Because mine is actually Despatch Date Est. 11/09/2015 :wtf:

Mine says the same but I just ignored it since it's just an estimate and they tend to be wrong/over estimated to cover themselves anyway. I also have no idea what it said before.

Edit: just got my shipping confirmation.

Edited by Ike

Looks like the servers are live. Managed to upload a course.

So as I soon as I buy the game, the public servers go live?

Well, I'm paranoid about Ninty spying on me again!

It arrived!!

immediate 10 minutes worth of day one updating!

Then i'm gonna play the crap out of it...eventually

If only I should be that lucky - they'll probably say the payment issue was my fault. I checked the status and it's still awaiting despatch annoyingly - I'm wondering if they do a single pay run thing per day for the preorders system, rather than as is(hence myself and Ike getting the e-mail last night).

EDIT: It does look like they haven't even debited my credit card yet either. I'd probably get it faster if I bought a copy elsewhere right now.

Mine always says that

My second course is a "proper" boss fight. I made one where you can't just jump over bowser. It's a little puzzle, but requires some timing.

Oh, and I made a thread for us to post Level IDs, made sense as you can use them to follow people.

Mine says the same but I just ignored it since it's just an estimate and they tend to be wrong/over estimated to cover themselves anyway. I also have no idea what it said before.

Edit: just got my shipping confirmation.

I was hopeful but...nothing in my e-mail. Still says awaiting despatch on the site store too. Le sads :(

Played for a few hours. Couldn't access online at first but then i remembered i changed my password for my account.

Played a few levels, 95% of which were from Japanese players, went through the 10 mario challenge once and uploaded my first course.

Not gonna bother screwing with the internal clock to get all the stuff early

Fun times so far.

I'd quite like GAME to give me my £300 back now :(

I really hope this doesn't influence my feelings on the game itself.

I'd quite like GAME to give me my £300 back now :(

I know GAME can be more than a little bit over the RRP but how in hell did Super Mario Maker end up costing you £300 from them? :blank:

Unless you went for the Wii U console bundle, is that actually the price of it?

I know GAME can be more than a little bit over the RRP but how in hell did Super Mario Maker end up costing you £300 from them? :blank:

Unless you went for the Wii U console bundle, is that actually the price of it?

There was some glitch in their system and they ended up charging some people 4 or 5 times for the game. They said money would go back into people's accounts within 24 hours but many are still waiting. Absolutely shocking goings on and they haven't even contacted a lot the effected people to update them on the situation.

Exactly what HoT said. Collector's Edition has been charged to me 7 times. I still haven't had a refund AND it's made me have charges from my bank.

And to top it off, I have no idea if they'll actually be sending me the game for Friday now.

It's my own fault for using GAME... again.

Fuck GAME, they're wank.

On a side issue, how to I get to play the courses that people on my friends list have made?

Exactly what HoT said. Collector's Edition has been charged to me 7 times. I still haven't had a refund AND it's made me have charges from my bank.

And to top it off, I have no idea if they'll actually be sending me the game for Friday now.

It's my own fault for using GAME... again.

Ridiculous and unacceptable behaviour from GAME right there, error or no error!

You don't have to pay those bank charges, it's not your fault so I would urge you to talk to them if you haven't done so already as it will be mitigating circumstances.

I'd like to think they'd be sending you the game for Friday after all that and for free as well! Though what is more likely is an apology from them plus a £5 gift card which is basically worth more like £2 due to their inflated prices...

Personally I haven't used GAME for a long time, at least not for any pre-orders, only ever gone into the store less than a handful of times in the past decade never mind ordering online with them.

I still use ShopTo for most of my gaming pre-orders - despite their now crap site, the service is still decent - but now for Nintendo stuff it tends to be the Nintendo Store UK all the way because somehow despite them being "run" by Zavvi, they get it right every time.

But I know how it is though, one exclusive pre-order bonus is tempting which persuades you to place an order with the dark side of retail game sales, it's better to use the force though, for better or worse. : peace:

[/cliche references] TL,DR - GAME = bad, Nintendo Store = excellent.

Fuck GAME, they're wank.

On a side issue, how to I get to play the courses that people on my friends list have made?

Oh boy, ready for the retard? You have to put s code in for when of their levels, and the. I think you can follow them. Yep, the game doesn't allow you to see your firmed levels.... Do t know what's more stupid, that, or the fact the game has no search functionality!