NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

These two weeks are gonna be loooong if Mike keeps posting up his awesome levels and I keep finding other good vids for the game too! Don't actually remember the last time I anticipated a game this much.

EU ad is better than the US one this time :)

Not bad. More interesting than the US version, could've been more comedic though...

I've only just had a chance to watch your videos, @Mike, and those levels are amazing :hehe:

I haven't really thought about the sort of levels I will try to create but you've already set the bar very high :heh:

I've got several ideas for levels, but I can already see 1 million similar levels being done when I get the game later this year. :blank:

Edit: Want to unlock every costume in one level?

Edited by drahkon

Another level for you! With this one I was trying to create the sense of climbing a tower without actually being able to do vertically scrolling levels. Also gave me a chance to create some small platforming / puzzle challenge rooms.

I have been eagerly awaiting Super Mario Maker for a year now, but the last two-three months I have begun to think this game will very likely turn out to become one of my top ten all-time favourite games!

Another level for you! With this one I was trying to create the sense of climbing a tower without actually being able to do vertically scrolling levels. Also gave me a chance to create some small platforming / puzzle challenge rooms.

You, sir, are an excellent course designer! I have been following your posts in this thread, and I can't wait to play your courses when the game comes out.

Can the courses made in the review copy of the game be uploaded and shared from the retail game, or will the review copy courses have to be made from scratch?

I have been eagerly awaiting Super Mario Maker for a year now, but the last two-three months I have begun to think this game will very likely turn out to become one of my top ten all-time favourite games!

You, sir, are an excellent course designer! I have been following your posts in this thread, and I can't wait to play your courses when the game comes out.

Can the courses made in the review copy of the game be uploaded and shared from the retail game, or will the review copy courses have to be made from scratch?

Thanks, that's good of you to say! Sadly, the media review code levels will not be playable in the retail version, which as you can imagine I'm pretty annoyed about, as I won't be able to share them online next week, without rebuilding from scratch! :(

Thanks to @Mike and all the other lucky gits who have the game, I am getting way too hyped for it

Z88IMEL.gif

NEXT WEEK! Woop

Aaaaarggh I have been waiting for this but I cannot read it at work!! May have to rinse out my phone battery reading later on...

Great review @RedShell :)

I can't wait for this. Really loved what I played of it a couple of months ago. Going to have to wait because I'm on holiday in Cyprus next week though!

Sensible Paul would wait for me to start my new job, or even Christmas, but I know I'd miss a lot of fun of people on here with people sharing their levels!

Why no videos of the levels you must have made @RedShell?

They're on their way...
Yeah, got a couple of vids on the way. One is just a small collection of various bits of gameplay footage, and the other shows a few of the levels I made.

Like @Mike, has already mentioned though, the review version of SMM is not compatible with the retail ver., so I didn't actually make that many courses.

It's also been a nightmare having to restrain myself from talking about the game. :woops:

Anyway, hope everyone likes the review!

: peace:

Yeah, got a couple of vids on the way. One is just a small collection of various bits of gameplay footage, and the other shows a few of the levels I made.

Like @Mike, has already mentioned though, the review version of SMM is not compatible with the retail ver., so I didn't actually make that many courses.

It's also been a nightmare having to restrain myself from talking about the game. :woops:

Anyway, hope everyone likes the review!

: peace:

I hate the review.

Because you've played the game :(

Seriously though, great read :)

Somehow, that review has made me excited about a bloody title screen!

This week is going to be unbearable!

is anyone planning on watching the playtonic mario maker stream today? It's just going to be them playing levels they made, right?

I just watched the stream they did with guys from Playtonic/Rare. Their levels look really well designed.