NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

Why wouldn't you buy it retail for its little box+book!

100 levels is pretty decent - though I'd wonder on the challenge of them all, some are probably going to be easy and give basic examples of design ideas but hopefully there'll be a few devilish ones(similar to the NWC ones, which I realise are also included).

Why wouldn't you buy it retail for its little box+book!

It's currently 70€ in Germany, basically everywhere I looked.

If I import it the shipping costs raise the price to the same amount.

Don't have the money right now. Maybe come September, but I doubt it as I would love to go on a vacation.

It's currently 70€ in Germany, basically everywhere I looked.

If I import it the shipping costs raise the price to the same amount.

Don't have the money right now. Maybe come September, but I doubt it as I would love to go on a vacation.

Surely someone will be nice enough to buy it here and post you it?

Based on most of their other stuff, I'd imagine the game will be £35 (is that usually 40 euros?) on the eshop

Showed Dedede some of this last night - he absolutely loved it. We can't wait for it! Gonna have people popping in at mine whilst I go about my general business so they can design some levels etc even if they haven't got a WiiU. Does anyone know if you can just design solely on the Gamepad(ie off-TV)? It'd be nice to have people make levels here, but obvs if I'm gonna play I don't wanna see all the tricks etc.

Also...I've got a really weird hankering for a playthrough of SMB3(no whistles)!! Think I'm gonna go give the All Stars version a whirl in a bit.

(wish I knew where my micro and cart was so I could play it portable instead...)

Yes, everything is done on the Gamepad. Also, the "hand" showing what is being done wasn't just an effect for adverts, that appears on the TV.

Showed Dedede some of this last night - he absolutely loved it. We can't wait for it! Gonna have people popping in at mine whilst I go about my general business so they can design some levels etc even if they haven't got a WiiU. Does anyone know if you can just design solely on the Gamepad(ie off-TV)? It'd be nice to have people make levels here, but obvs if I'm gonna play I don't wanna see all the tricks etc.

Also...I've got a really weird hankering for a playthrough of SMB3(no whistles)!! Think I'm gonna go give the All Stars version a whirl in a bit.

(wish I knew where my micro and cart was so I could play it portable instead...)

I had the same urge and bought the 3ds version.

100 levels? thats old mario game realms! that is awesome!

Uhhhhh... What? The 2D Mario's have always been around the 60-70 level mark... (OK, except SMB 2 USA)

Say what you will about the more modern Mario's but lack of levels is not a problem.

Worth noting that SMB 3's levels were some of the shortest in the history of Mario games.

Not a bad thing, of course. But I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of Mario Maker levels were around the same length.

I don't really mind.. considering there will potentially be a load of new ones periodically to renew interest.

I think we should figure out a way of making a mario maker theme/competition type of thing, keep things fresh and give our game a taste of N-E!

Nintendo UK Has Removed Blurb About Super Mario Maker’s 100 Levels On Their Website

super_mario_maker_100_levels_blurb.png

We found out earlier this week via the official Nintendo UK Super Mario Maker website that the game will feature 100 levels pre-installed on the disc for gamers to play through if they are not feeling particularly creative. Interestingly Nintendo UK has removed this reference from the official website and we are not entirely sure why as it is a major selling point. The only thing I can think of is that they were saving the information for a Nintendo Direct nearer release.

super_mario_maker_100_levels_blurb_removed.png

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/27/nintendo-uk-has-removed-blurb-about-super-mario-makers-100-levels-on-their-website/

Zelda Maker. Metroid Maker. Mario Kart Maker. Really hope and expect Nintendo to develop it as a brand.

But then i thought we'd get more remix games...

Nintendo Says It Would Be Difficult To Develop A ‘Zelda Maker’ Game

Don’t hold your breath if you’re hoping Nintendo will make a Super Mario Maker-type game for The Legend of Zelda. Developing ‘Zelda Maker’ would most likely be more difficult than creating Super Mario Maker, according to Nintendo producer Takashi Tezuka. Super Mario Maker allows players to use the Wii U GamePad to create levels and share them with others. The game is set to launch worldwide on September 11.

“Zelda Maker might be a challenge to make I think,” Tezuka said. “Personally, making Super Mario Maker that was a challenge in itself, and we hope that it’s a success, so thank you for saying that, but I think that might be a difficult task.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/28/nintendo-says-it-would-be-difficult-to-develop-a-zelda-maker-game/

You can't say I haven't told you this several times in the past. Mario is more suited, Zelda isn't and would cause problems.

Thanks for letting us know many times in the past.

Thanks for contributing to the thread in such a meaningful manner.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/28/nintendo-says-it-would-be-difficult-to-develop-a-zelda-maker-game/

You can't say I haven't told you this several times in the past. Mario is more suited, Zelda isn't and would cause problems.

You only believe Nintendo on the things which support your thinking and dont the rest :)

I think it's possible. Personally it wouldn't be my favourite. Snes style mario kart maker would make me the most giddy.

You only believe Nintendo on the things which support your thinking and dont the rest :)

I think it's possible. Personally it wouldn't be my favourite. Snes style mario kart maker would make me the most giddy.

I think it's possible but it would require so much more work. How would you do side quests? How would you do bosses? Would it be 2D or 3D? If you say 3D, forget about it.

3D Mario Kart Maker would be possible. 2D Mario Kart Maker, I wouldn't mind but with up to date graphics. I love SNES MK but Super Circuit graphics were hideous.

I think it's possible but it would require so much more work. How would you do side quests? How would you do bosses? Would it be 2D or 3D? If you say 3D, forget about it.

3D Mario Kart Maker would be possible. 2D Mario Kart Maker, I wouldn't mind but with up to date graphics. I love SNES MK but Super Circuit graphics were hideous.

Oh no I meant 2d - Zelda, link to the past and between worlds styles. Bosses would be hard actually, unless they just put all bosses in so you just select which boss it was and didn't have to programme ai. Maybe various levels of difficulty on the boss to choose from.

Surely everything else is doable. But I guess they like quick and simple and this would need so,e serious time effort to create one, but an amazing tool if they did. Especially if you could even write dialogue and the story and such.

Zelda Maker would be brilliant. There would be limitations - keep it 2D, dungeons only etc - but I'm sure it's possible. It would be hard to set up the puzzles, but like Mario Maker you'd still have to be able to complete your levels before you publish them.

What they really, really need to do is keep the Link to the Past style though, but improved.

I think the problem with a Zelda Maker game would that it would need to include logic tools for puzzles etc to work and would become a lot more complicated. Not saying I wouldnt want one though.

Especially if you could even write dialogue and the story and such.

You really think they'd let people do that and then share it? :shakehead

In theory though yes, that could be quite cool.

I think 2d zelda dungeon maker could be doable, put in the characters which will march around the room.. again you need to complete the dungeon before it is shared. Very feasible. Even the 3d Zeldas could be designed in 2d above view, then rendered in 3d. In fact with the exception of the side scrolling zelda, all the zelda games could be used in zelda maker, 2-d and 3-d, just in 3d they would perhaps look a bit less inspired!

Zelda Maker could absolutely work. Top down, 2D dungeon maker based on the NES game and with 4 art styles: LOZ, ALTTP, Minish Cap, ALBW.

Bosses could be from the original NES game. No dialogue or storyline, just a dungeon crawler, with loads of enemy types and basic puzzles.

I think the problem with a Zelda Maker game would that it would need to include logic tools for puzzles etc to work and would become a lot more complicated. Not saying I wouldnt want one though.

Could you give an example of a logic puzzle in an existing zelda that you think would be a lot more complicated to implement?

Could you give an example of a logic puzzle in an existing zelda that you think would be a lot more complicated to implement?

I just meant a logic tool would need to be implemented which would basically have you connecting up items depending on what you do with them. Like "Block A, moved to area B opens door C. It sounds simple enough but it would depend how deep into this they would want to go.