NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

My only problem...my only two Amiibo are gonna be Tink and...wait for it...Mario -.-

I'd guess that Mario will probably give you 8-bit Mario in modern colours.

As much as I'd want you to be right, it's never gonna happen...

We shall see. I am hopeful, despite the Yoshi scenario

I love how each amiibo costume has it's own stage complete tune, that's amazing.

Oh look what I said last E3 on page 3

"I was saying to Dakota how good would it be if it used Amiibo, put Samus figure in it and you get to play as Samus 8 bit sprite!! And so on!! Would absolutely love this so much!!"

Best amiibo use yet, almost wish you didn't need the mushroom, but actually could be a nice surprise for the player. Plus you could almost do character themed levels!!

Think this could maybe overtake splatoon for best game of the year! No... probably not... Also battlefield could be incredible!!!

Oh look what I said last E3 on page 3

"I was saying to Dakota how good would it be if it used Amiibo, put Samus figure in it and you get to play as Samus 8 bit sprite!! And so on!! Would absolutely love this so much!!"

Best amiibo use yet, almost wish you didn't need the mushroom, but actually could be a nice surprise for the player. Plus you could almost do character themed levels!!

Think this could maybe overtake splatoon for best game of the year! No... probably not... Also battlefield could be incredible!!!

Please! Xenoblade Chronicles X has 1st place sown up. If you want to scrap over the crumbs while I'm eating cake, go right ahead. :heh:

If I had to pick, I'd say this'll get runner-up.

They're playing randomish levels live on Treehouse with the whole crew taking turns to close out atm - really giving me a nice pass the remote party vibe. Already contemplating on getting this in on a money game - winner takes pot.

They're playing randomish levels live on Treehouse with the whole crew taking turns to close out atm - really giving me a nice pass the remote party vibe. Already contemplating on getting this in on a money game - winner takes pot.

Rummy's Mario Maker Money Maker(based on 10p's):

Decide a player order by whatever means(maybe a good ol' game of Smash?). Whoever starts selects a level, and antes 10. Any takers must ante 20 to be in with a play(sequentially, first interest goes first and so forth) and subsequents match. Either if there's no takers it passes it to the next person to choose a level OR the next person is forced to ante 20 anyway(poker big and little blinds like). If you die, you're out - you pay 10 more for 'another go'(in your playing order sequence). First to beat/last to yield takes the pot...and possibly starts the next stage selection(if no one takes the selection it passes on to next in order) - possibly to keep interest it'll rotate like poker does too(rather than winner starting/choosing every time). Need to figure out a rule for splitting on a collective yield/generally thought of unbeatable stage. Maybe a turn/play limit. Also maybe no re-buy in if you miss/pass your turn unless you pay a heftier price to the pot(say 3-5x bet and you end up on the end of the run).

Only problem is you may all get pretty poor pretty fast with 10p's, so it may require some scaling! I think I'm def gonna do this one night when it's out though*.

*House takes 10%, ofc ;)

Edited by Rummy

Here’s A First Look At The Super Mario Maker Mystery Mushroom Unlock Page

super_mario_maker_mystery_mushroom_unlock_page_screenshot.jpg

In Super Mario Maker, we learned that we could play through our created levels with different 8-bit characters unlocked from amiibo. Well here’s a little look into how that works with the Mystery Mushroom unlock page! The page has 90 unlockable slots, but obviously, there aren’t that many amiibo yet, so not all of these unlockable features are via amiibo. A good majority probably are though!

And apparently, when you share a level that has a ‘Costume Mushroom’ in it, the player will be able to play through as the character without needing the amiibo. So, we can look forward to discovering which amiibo characters we can play as in Super Mario Maker, if not all of them.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/20/heres-a-first-look-at-the-super-mario-maker-mystery-mushroom-unlock-page/

While the site think they might not all be amiibo, I think it's possible they might be. They might be alternate skins for each amiibo. I remember seeing Isabelle in a green jumper.

Edit: And there it is.

n9XzAZz.jpg

http://gonintendo.com/stories/236543-will-super-mario-maker-give-you-different-colored-amiibo-costumes

Random Super Mario awesomeness that maybe best fits in here seeing as there's no SMB3 thread.

SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 BLANKET THAT TOOK 6.5 YEARS TO MAKE

XPrUeZg.jpg

xqcNmxG.jpg

Many more photos here:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/20/heres-a-first-look-at-the-super-mario-maker-mystery-mushroom-unlock-page/

While the site think they might not all be amiibo, I think it's possible they might be. They might be alternate skins for each amiibo. I remember seeing Isabelle in a green jumper.

Edit: And there it is.

n9XzAZz.jpg

http://gonintendo.com/stories/236543-will-super-mario-maker-give-you-different-colored-amiibo-costumes

Think that is easily explained though:

Isabelle amiibo figure

ci16_amiibo_animal_crossing_isabelle_image510h.jpg

Isabelle amiibo card

card1.jpg

She's wearing green because yellow wouldn't show up well in her 8 bit form.

She's wearing green because yellow wouldn't show up well in her 8 bit form.

Except we have an image of her in brown in Mario Maker...

I was just going to pre-order this game when I realised two things:

1) It's not out until September 11th!! Far too long away...

2) It's a ridiculous £45, I don't like expensive games... :(

Yoshi's Wooly World it is!

That's pretty cool :D It's definitely come a long way from its first reveal. I would have been pretty happy with owning what it was then so I'm excited for the fleshed out final version.

I was just going to pre-order this game when I realised two things:

1) It's not out until September 11th!! Far too long away...

2) It's a ridiculous £45, I don't like expensive games... :(

Yoshi's Wooly World it is!

£50 for it with the amiibo on GAME though!

Smyths have the amiibo bundle for €70. The pre order just went live yesterday but that's too pricey and as others have said September is rather away in the distance. €60 is the norm and it's what I'm paying for the Yoshi bundle tomorrow. They're nicer amiibo, more expensive than the usual amiibo and the Super Mario Maker amiibos are rather fugly.

That GAME offer seems quite good. I presume the mario maker amiibo functions as a 'Mario' amiibo but do we know if it does anything different yet?

This game is getting better and better. I was highly skeptical of it when it was first shown but it has slowly convinced and won me over. I will definitely be buying this now. 80% sure it'll be on day 1. I just wish there were more great games.

I don't even have the game yet and I already want a sequel. 100 Nintendo-made levels on the disc is pretty neat too.

Zelda maker. Metroid maker. Mario kart maker. Really hope and expect Nintendo to develop it as a brand.

But then i thought we'd get more remix gsmes...

Zelda maker. Metroid maker. Mario kart maker. Really hope and expect Nintendo to develop it as a brand.

But then i thought we'd get more remix gsmes...

A Mario Kart Maker would definitely be possible but Zelda and Metroid they're a lot harder. Would they be 2D or 3D? They can be story driven, Zelda more so, what about bosses? They're more important in said games. A level in Mario takes a minute, maybe 2 or 3. How would you set up Metroid or Zelda? Just a section? A full game? Mario Kart could be done in 3D, the other 2 would have to be done in 2D. It's too complicated otherwise.