NEurope
Hogge

Super Mario Maker

Just confirmed that the NWC Super Mario Maker levels will be in the game! Can't wait to see if I can get close to finishing them!

That was what I just said!

Though having said that the versions they were playing on Treehouse looked slightly different(saw some blades missing on the wall jumpy bit) and apparently that last stage was even harder but they revised it - they were about to edit it back to original form when they did the announcement so there's a possibility they may not be exactly the same as they were - but given the nature of the game I don't see why they should do that.

Here are ways you can browse:

- Featured (ones Nintendo pick)

- Star Ranking (most votes)

- Up & Coming (new ones)

You can also filter by

- Location (Global, local)

- Age (All time, last month)

- Difficulty (Easy, normal, hard, expect).

You can also follow designers so you can see their new courses straight away.

Looks like the sharing and online browsing is properly done.

Can you filter by friends?

Edit: Never mind, somehow I missed that you can follow designers :D

Can you filter by friends?

Yep, and there's a search function.

You can also filter by favourite creators.

Yep, and there's a search function.

You can also filter by favourite creators.

Good Lord, no time to edit my post :laughing: :p

Oh, and they showed how the Amiibo costumes work. The creator scans it and can place a "mystery mushroom" for the costume. This works like a standard mushroom, but applies a costume.

Anyone playing the level can use it (no Amiibo required for them) and it wears off when you get hit.

Edit: Oh, and it's only in the SMB levels.

I hope Sonic is included.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure if this is known, but when you die it marks where other people have died.

Edited by Cube

Here are ways you can browse:

- Featured (ones Nintendo pick)

- Star Ranking (most votes)

- Up & Coming (new ones)

You can also filter by

- Location (Global, local)

- Age (All time, last month)

- Difficulty (Easy, normal, hard, expect).

You can also follow designers so you can see their new courses straight away.

Looks like the sharing and online browsing is properly done.

That sounds great, looks like the online/sharing aspect is being done properly.

Is this limited?

It looks like this is the only edition of the game, not a limited edition.

This game looks incredible and I'm surprised it looks like Nintendo have actually nailed the sharing. It's going to be amazing!

I'll hold my reservations on it being 'nailed' and 'properly done' but it's a good start - I hope there might be more functionality to it we haven't seen yet though - there's plenty more opportunities here. I'll admit I was only half watching the Treehouse segment on it and it had good things, but something niggled the back of my mind(and it wasn't just the fact I was getting wrecked in Splatoon). The book's a nice touch, and I think that'll encourage the 'uncreative' types too, but there's still a lot of potential here and I really hope they get it right first time to really get people on board.

Nintendo on Super Mario Maker:

"Make your own game because we can't be bothered". ;)

It does look better than it initially did. The NWC footage looked great but was that enhanced because of the competitive element and the crowd getting involved? I don't know if I'll have the patience or skill to create these kind of levels. Remember for the Treehouse guys it's there job. Will it take an hour to create a level that can be finished in a minute? Will it just disappear into a blackhole like a post in Miiverse with just the very top getting noticed?

Will it take an hour to create a level that can be finished in a minute? Will it just disappear into a blackhole like a post in Miiverse with just the very top getting noticed?

I totally feel you, I have doubts about my output with this game as well... but I'm assuming the system will reward those who put in the effort and create truly cool levels. The incentive to get your level highlighted by Nintendo will surely drive people to put time in the game, their output will then then inspire others to do the same and the content... it'll just keep coming.

Can imagine this game being a blast with a few friends over. Going online and teaming up to tackle ridiculous user generated stages.

So excited.

I must admit if there was a half price 'player only' version of the game I would be on the fence as to whether to get the whole thing.

In fact I hope that is a thing for the 3DS at a later date - play your levels on the move.

It looks like this is the only edition of the game, not a limited edition.

: peace: That's great.

None of us here can wait for you got get it, either.

Don't forget to mention @Glen\-i, how do you like that boxart and the artbook? :p

Don't forget to mention Sprout, even though he tells us he's not that creative.
Fine. For my first level, Mario must enter a warp pipe that leads to the goal flag. But the warp pipe is attached to a Monty Mole's butt (or some other speedy enemy), so Mario must chase the enemy through the stage and enter its butt before the enemy runs into the lava towards the end of the course. It will be called Mario x Dr. Mario: Plumbing Meets Colonoscopy.

I doubt you could do this, though.

There was someone else, though...hm...can't remember. Probably not a very important and creative dude.

Hey @Glen\-i, how do you like that boxart and the artbook? :p

I like the fact that you can enter a code to see the levels the artbook showcases.

It'll definitely help to get some inspiration going.