NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Iwata Skipping E3 Due to Health Reasons.

I think Iwata may be playing a prank , he will turn up with an assortment of QOL vitality sensor health gadgets and with dr mario and luigi by his side .

As has been said before, this must be due to the last few stressful years.

I hope he has a speedy recovery.

We now know what's the matter with him.

June 24, 2014

Satoru Iwata

President, Nintendo Co., Ltd.

Thank you very much for your continued extraordinary support of us. I am Satoru Iwata, President of the company.

Today, there is one thing that I would like to share with you.

Recently, as the result of one of my routine physical examinations, an issue was detected. Following a more detailed examination, a growth was found in my bile duct.

In general, it is said that a bile duct growth can be difficult-to-treat, partly because of the difficulty of detecting it early. In my case, luckily, it was detected very early and I had no symptoms.

I was counseled that removal at an early stage would be the desirable medical option. Therefore I had surgery last week, and I came through it well, as predicted.

I have already resumed my business by email and by other means, but it is anticipated that a little more time is needed for me to return to my regular work schedule.

As a result, I have no choice but to miss the company’s very important activity, the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, to be held this month. As the president of the company, I regret that I cannot attend the meeting. However, I understand that I have to prioritize my medical treatment and to recover as soon as possible so that I will again be able to do my best to help the company to grow. I hope that you understand.

Best Regards,

Satoru Iwata

I hope he gets better, but whilst doing so he plays his WiiU, let's say MK8 online. He then plays with his friends and wants to talk to them... then of course it clicks; "our online is retarded"... he recovers, goes back into work and sorts out their shit online attitude.

If only.

Potential bile duct cancer!? Shit... That's really bad...

He's extremely lucky that they caught it early, because the survival rate is very low (typically said to be around only 25-40% living beyond 5 years after it is found).

There's a decent chance that it could come back again too. It's a very aggressive form of cancer... Even after having surgery for it, survival rates are still very low :(

Even after this surgery, there's still a very good chance that Iwata wont survive for very long (and the stress he's under right now is not going to help either :( )

Edited by Dcubed

Potential bile duct cancer!? Shit... That's really bad...

He's extremely lucky that they caught it early, because the survival rate is very low (typically said to be around only 25-40% living beyond 5 years after it is found).

There's a decent chance that it could come back again too. It's a very aggressive form of cancer... Even after having surgery for it, survival rates are still very low :(

Even after this surgery, there's still a very good chance that Iwata wont survive for very long (and the stress he's under right now is not going to help either :( )

It wasn't cancer, was just a growth thankfully, so hopefully completely benign.

I know what would be perfect in a thread like this, bitching about Mario Kart 8's online mode.

It wasn't cancer, was just a growth thankfully, so hopefully completely benign.

Hopefully it is, but there is a decent chance that it isn't benign... :(

Either way, he's very lucky they caught it early. Supposedly it's one of those types that is usually near impossible to find before it has already spread, so that's something worth celebrating at least :)

Yeah, it's a good thing he caught it early. Hopefully it's not as serious as it sounds.