NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)

Had me thinking it was a Wii U version at the start

I decided edit the thread title to make it clearer after realising people could initially mistake it and get too excited (although I'm sure plenty of people still love it on a handheld, a lot of the fuss here seemed to be about the Wii version of 3/Tri).

Surely this is coming to Wii u? SURELY?

We'll find out in less than a week.

Nintendo would be mad not to throw a bit more money at Capcom for a Wii U version.

I think Monster Hunter does better here on consoles. What they should do is what Square did with that one Final Fantasy game and let 3DS and Wii U owners of the game all play online together :D

I want it. 3DS, Wii U, it doesn't matter as long as I have it and it works online.

I thought the trailer was pretty poor.

I'm gonna be gutted if this just stays on the 3DS. I played the hell out of the PSP ones and although they had a ton of content, the handheld entries just don't handle as good as the console versions.

This game already has a thread.

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32333&page=11&highlight=monster+hunter

Yes nothing new was revealed in that trailer, it's just an excerpt from this Japanese video.

While it would be nice to have a new MH game, it'll dilute the online community of MH3U which isn't huge to begin with. Also, after playing Tri and Ultimate it will need a massive improvement for me to invest so many more 100's of hours again I think.

That will only happen if it comes to the Wii U.

I thought the trailer was pretty poor.

I'm gonna be gutted if this just stays on the 3DS. I played the hell out of the PSP ones and although they had a ton of content, the handheld entries just don't handle as good as the console versions.

While I'm hopeful for a Wii U for all you guys that want one, unless it has splitscreen multiplayer it would be pointless for me. Local on 3DS is where the fun is at. Still need to go back to Ultimate 3 with bro and finish all those pro missions and I assume all the DLC which should be all out by now, right?

This game is on Treehouse right now. It's very interesting.

From the Capcom Unity comments.

ucxjl6g.png

I know some people on here were still hoping for a Wii U version.

ucxjl6g.png

Screw you, Capcom!!

ucxjl6g.png

I happen to prefer playing it on the 3DS...

So...

*shrugs*

It helps that I know two other people who are die-hard Monster Hunter fans. Not to mention, every now and then, a group I'm part of meets up and hunts.

I've even hunted in Capcom HQ. Awesome experience that online play can never hope to match.

I'll be getting MH4U on launch and hopefully joining you guys since my current hunting partner is too cheap to buy a 3DS so I doubt he'll be able to join me.

Well damnit. The small 3DS screen just feels so cramped for a game like this...Also, I guess this means no voice chat for MH4U? Big backwards step for the franchise if so...

Edit: Well you can't exactly use a keyboard with the 3DS either, damn the online communication is gonna be really limited... #shit

Edited by Ville

Don't forget guys, MH3 appeared on Wii U on the second time it was re-released :P

Wait until next year for the announcement!

Capcom dont need to release it on Wii U. The game does and will do just fine on the 3DS.

Don't forget guys, MH3 appeared on Wii U on the second time it was re-released :P

Wait until next year for the announcement!

This! Just because it's not coming yet, doesn't mean that it won't come eventually.

Like with MH3U in Japan, the PS3 version of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd came out a while after the original PSP version had launched...

Well damnit. The small 3DS screen just feels so cramped for a game like this...Also, I guess this means no voice chat for MH4U? Big backwards step for the franchise if so...

Edit: Well you can't exactly use a keyboard with the 3DS either, damn the online communication is gonna be really limited... #shit

Pick up a cheap COD game on the Wii U and use the games voice chat.

That is what a few of us on here are going to do.

Capcom dont need to release it on Wii U. The game does and will do just fine on the 3DS.

You're right, they don't. But they will, because Capcom are the kings of rehashes and re-releases.

Pick up a cheap COD game on the Wii U and use the games voice chat.

That is what a few of us on here are going to do.

Wouldn't Skype on a mobile be the most cost effective and incredibly less silly way to go?

Wouldn't Skype on a mobile be the most cost effective and incredibly less silly way to go?

Good point, keep forgetting about Skype

I hope they will. Still, what are they gonna name it, I mean for some reason this is already called the Ultimate version?

What comes to voice chat, yeah Skype or Steam or Ventrilo or whatever else on PC should do. The crappy thing is, though, that you can't do that with random people...

Sign in to follow this