NEurope
Retro_Link

Bloodborne

Well I only went and forgot to buy it again, haha. I'll get it soon!

I got to the 3 hunters bit and just couldn't even kill one, so gave up for a while. Went back in a few days ago and realised you can just miss them completely. :p

My friend wants a brief beginner's guide before he plays the game. What are the essential tips to follow (without spoiling too much) ? I've given him a brief overview of how the Souls games work already, but obviously this is quite different, what with the trick weapon parries and everything. He's more than a competent player, I just wanted to make sure he doesn't waste an inordinate amount of time getting rekt for bullshit reasons.

Feel free to quote someone from the thread if they've already made a cogent list.

My friend wants a brief beginner's guide before he plays the game. What are the essential tips to follow (without spoiling too much) ? I've given him a brief overview of how the Souls games work already, but obviously this is quite different, what with the trick weapon parries and everything. He's more than a competent player, I just wanted to make sure he doesn't waste an inordinate amount of time getting rekt for bullshit reasons.

Feel free to quote someone from the thread if they've already made a cogent list.

My advice would be to forget what every previous game has taught you about death in videogames. In this game, you almost HAVE to die in order to figure out the right way to approach things. You'll die in this. A lot. All you can do is learn from it and go again.

Also, this game doesn't include a world map or any kind of map system. So, you're going to need to look around a lot and familiarise yourself with the entrances and exits. Every time you're in a new area, look around immediately. Spot the dangers, find the ways out and the quickest way to get through without necessarily fighting. Some areas I completely ran through the first time in order to get to the next lamp and then I'd go back later and feel my way around and learn it all inside out.

Bloodborne expansion is out next week, I think Tuesday...pre ordered and ready for some hunting.

Bloodborne expansion is out next week, I think Tuesday...pre ordered and ready for some hunting.

Yup, can't wait. Probably need to push through to the point where you can access the new stuff tomorrow, though...think I finished the game without doing anything in NG+ :blank:

Also: The price has been changed from 14.99€ to 19.99€ without any kind of notice from Sony or From Software. :mad: Almost didn't buy it because of that...but it's Bloodborne...

Probably has something to do with the fact that they decided to merge two DLCs into one, hence a bid to recoup costs.

Yup, can't wait. Probably need to push through to the point where you can access the new stuff tomorrow, though...think I finished the game without doing anything in NG+ :blank:

Well, I only needed to beat Vicar Amelia and I did that easily :laughing: That's me sorted, then.

Won't have access to the new covenant, though, as I'm not at the Forbidden Forest, yet.

Just seen this. Didn't read the review, though, because spoilers.

Sounds awesome, as expected :) Less than 4 hours to go

Spent 90 minutes in the new area.

I let myself summon by another player. We fought (and beat) a boss. Not sure if it's the first.

Quite a familiar beast

:laughing: Cleric Beast with some changes. Some fiery changes.

After that I summoned a fellow Hunter who helped me get 3 weapons and defeat a couple of enemies. We spent about 40 minutes together and I did not encounter another lamp nor did I find a boss :shakehead

I returned to Hunter's Dream in order to upgrade a new weapon.

Boom Hammer. L1 ignites its furnace (yes, it's got a fucking furnace) and a swing unleashes fire. It's actually kinda cool :D

Now I'm out of materials and after a field test: It's got nothing against my Burial Blade +10 :D

Still scared to wander around alone...enemies are strong and I need to learn their attack patterns. :blank:

Guys I just bought Dark Souls 3 and my brain won't let me play it until I finish Old Hunters. Problem is, I started the damn thing on NG2+, and am getting absolutely tanked by Ludwig. Anyone willing to hop on for a little coop sesh? I could really use the help, otherwise there ain't no way I'm ever going to beat him.

Guys I just bought Dark Souls 3 and my brain won't let me play it until I finish Old Hunters. Problem is, I started the damn thing on NG2+, and am getting absolutely tanked by Ludwig. Anyone willing to hop on for a little coop sesh? I could really use the help, otherwise there ain't no way I'm ever going to beat him.

What level are you?

Level restrictions were lifted for co-op, weren't they?

Yup yup, thank fuck. Still remember that time we spent a good forty five minutes trying to coop to no avail.

What level are you?

I feel like I should be able to do this boss, but it's been over a year since the game came out and I don't have the same ninja skills I used to.

Oh my god, just teamed up with some absolute fucking champion and took Ludwig down on the first try. That is absolutely not a boss that can be done easily single player at all. You need to take turns aggroing him, at least in his first form because his attacks are fucking devastating.

Still up for some coop doe if anyone's game.

Level restrictions were lifted for co-op, weren't they?

Bloody hell did not know about that!