NEurope
Retro_Link

Bloodborne

Can anyone help me with Micolash later? I'm lvl 80 but the fucker always spams me with an arcane blast. Even if I try to stay close he finds a way to get away for a second. Is driving me nuts because the rest of the fight is easy.

I can help, I'll be on in 10.

I can help, I'll be on in 10.

I'm not at home now. Any chance you'll be on later in the evening?

Yeah I'll definitely be on later too. :)

Ah man, just cleared the defilement chalice. Difficult! Love the chalice dungeons though, add so much more playtime to the game.

Beat Vicar Amelia last night :D

Good man.

I did the white hunter,

@MadDog. Just tried it now and did it first time, woooo. Ok, second time, because I didn't even make it up the stairs first time and got magicked. God bless Fire Paper.

Just made it to Rom, the fucking Spider. I couldn't tell what to do, it was just sitting there. @Eenuh said, "Just hit it!" so I did. I tried talking to it first but nope, it wanted violence, so I gave it violence.

Oh, I died.

Micolash.

One of the coolest boss fights ever. It's basically everything that makes Bloodborne amazing in one fight.

I did the white hunter, @MadDog. Just tried it now and did it first time, woooo. Ok, second time, because I didn't even make it up the stairs first time and got magicked. God bless Fire Paper.

Just made it to Rom, the fucking Spider. I couldn't tell what to do, it was just sitting there. @Eenuh said, "Just hit it!" so I did. I tried talking to it first but nope, it wanted violence, so I gave it violence.

Oh, I died.

Ine said "Just hit it"? Is she that violent? :p

Micolash.

One of the coolest boss fights ever. It's basically everything that makes Bloodborne amazing in one fight.

Ine said "Just hit it"? Is she that violent? :p

Current affairs (check Poor Customer Service thread in General Chit Chat) have made me quite pissed off today. :P

But Jim was just standing in front of the creature saying "Can I talk to it or do I fight it?". Bit of a silly question to ask in this game! So yes, just hit it!

Anyone else done the Defiled Chalice Dungeon yet? You have to do it with half health, it's causing me some problems and the bosses are a nightmare.

Current affairs (check Poor Customer Service thread in General Chit Chat) have made me quite pissed off today. :P

It's still not a good reason to hit an innocent spider :(

That poor fucking horrific thing :laughing: Kill it, kill it with fire.

But Jim was just standing in front of the creature saying "Can I talk to it or do I fight it?"

I guess Jim is just a peaceful fella. :p

Anyone else done the Defiled Chalice Dungeon yet? You have to do it with half health, it's causing me some problems and the bosses are a nightmare.

Yeah I finished it the other day. Some of those bosses are indeed hard.

The dog can do a one hit kill charge attack. Fun when you get the attack pattern down though. I would hit it then immediately execute two rolls to get out the way.

Amygalda was really fun as I made use of my Ludwig's Holy Blade; if you push forward on the left stick and release and immediately press R2 you'll do a jump heavy attack. This was great for getting his arms. I caught the arms on his right after he did that attack that fires purple explosions on the floor. At the beginning when his health is low though it's even easier as if you stay close to him he will keep trying to grab you, which let's you jump attack him. Just watch out for his white lasers though as that really is one hit kill, but pretty easy to avoid.

Yeah I finished it the other day. Some of those bosses are indeed hard.

The dog can do a one hit kill charge attack. Fun when you get the attack pattern down though. I would hit it then immediately execute two rolls to get out the way.

Amygalda was really fun as I made use of my Ludwig's Holy Blade; if you push forward on the left stick and release and immediately press R2 you'll do a jump heavy attack. This was great for getting his arms. I caught the arms on his right after he did that attack that fires purple explosions on the floor. At the beginning when his health is low though it's even easier as if you stay close to him he will keep trying to grab you, which let's you jump attack him. Just watch out for his white lasers though as that really is one hit kill, but pretty easy to avoid.

Yeah, hardest Dungeon yet. I've reached the layer 3 boss, layer 1 boss was great fun to parry, tip toed round the layer 2 boss and picked my attacks but I keep making mistakes on the last boss which you can't afford. Will try you're tactic later.

But Jim was just standing in front of the creature saying "Can I talk to it or do I fight it?". Bit of a silly question to ask in this game! So yes, just hit it!

It's still not a good reason to hit an innocent spider :(

That poor fucking horrific thing :laughing: Kill it, kill it with fire.

I guess Jim is just a peaceful fella. :p

In fairness:

The thing was just sat there minding it's own business. I was expecting something to happen when I got close to it, I didn't expect it to want me to hit it first.

This game has sold over a million copies in under 2 weeks. Well deserved. :)

Used the "back-up your save files trick" to get two of the endings-trophies and am now able to fight the final boss for the last ending trophy.

Not sure when I'll do it, though as it will immediately begin NG+.

Remaining trophies:

Need one weapon.

Need to upgrade one weapon to +10; I know which one I want to upgrade, but I need 9 more Blood Stone Chunks.

Need to find a high-level-rune.

One trophy mentioned in the spoilers above.

And one hidden trophy which has to do with Chalice Dungeons.

Currently at 51 hours played and level 101.

Best game I've played this year :bowdown:

Also: Next patch is supposed to be out later this month (maybe on 23rd of April as the Bloodborne servers will be down for a couple of ours).

Edited by drahkon

Also: Next patch is supposed to be out later this month (maybe on 23rd of April as the Bloodborne servers will be down for a couple of ours).

How do you check how many hours you've played? Sorry if this is a noob question ....

How do you check how many hours you've played?

Choose "Load Game" from the main menu and you can see the time on your file :)

Used the "back-up your save files trick" to get two of the endings-trophies and am now able to fight the final boss for the last ending trophy.

Not sure when I'll do it, though as it will immediately begin NG+.

Remaining trophies:

Need one weapon.

Need to upgrade one weapon to +10; I know which one I want to upgrade, but I need 9 more Blood Stone Chunks.

Need to find a high-level-rune.

One trophy mentioned in the spoilers above.

And one hidden trophy which has to do with Chalice Dungeons.

Also going to do the save reload thing since I'd really like to see all the endings (I wouldn't mind playing through 3 times if bosses gave unique souls that you could trade in for different stuff every playthrough like in the Souls games, but alas they don't).

I've got the Red Jelly now from doing a Depth 5 Lower Loran dungeon to unlock the trophy-related chalice dungeon (ie. the last main one). I'm gonna play through that, then maybe do some more chalice dungeons (to pick up Eileen the Crow's weapon, which I missed), then clear the boss 3 times. :)

This game is absolutely amazing. The bosses have felt so much more refined and I have really come to understand their attack patterns in order to defeat them. Abhorrent Beast in the Depth 5 Lower Loran chalice dungeon yesterday is a perfect example of learning so completely a beast's moveset in order to defeat it.

Edited by Sheikah

Farmed some Blood Stone Chunks. Needed 9, "only" took me 45 minutes, which is way less than I had anticipated.

Upgraded one weapon to +10 (not saying which one as that would be a spoiler). : peace:

Apparently I need one more weapon which can only be found in a Chalice Dungeon.

4 trophies left:

Getting all weapons

Acquiring a high level blood gem

and two secret ones

:yay:

Now it's time for me to really get into the Chalice Dungeon mechanics.

So far I've done a couple of the "Story-line-dungeons" with a mate, but I think I'll do some root chalice dungeons by myself.

Just killed Rom the Vacuous Spider.

I tried earlier today and died within a minute. I tried again and got down to 0 vials but managed to do it. Woooo. :D

11174739_415869775254572_4630352703649253085_o.jpg

Yeees.

Loved this game from start to finish. Easily my favourite game on the system so far.

Fuuuuuuuuu.

I've got to Amygdala (Princess Amidala, loool) and on my first go got her down to about...a tenth of her bar. Almost had her. Going to get some more vials and go again.

Edit Edit

Did it on my second go. I used the Kirkhammer and basically used a strong attack on her tail. I had 7 vials left over by the end of it, so there was room for error. I figured that if I'm behind her, she can't do much damage to me. I took quite a lot of damage thanks to her stomp, but using that strategy it was manageable.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Platinum get! :)

What a game! The main game was amazing and the Chalice Dungeons were a great addition as well, some of the dungeons can be hard to access due to the rarity of some ritual materials, but are definitely worth it as some of the depth 4/5 bosses offered me some of the best challenges in the game.

Hopefully they have some great DLC planned for this in the future.

I'm in Yahar'gul, Unseen Village now. Fuark, I keep dying, there's LOADS of enemies in this area. I have...0 blood vials. I'll probably have to get some and come back as this is roughly tough.

Well and truly stumped. Can't beat Rom or Logarius. Sigh. Bit too hard for me at the mo.