NEurope
Retro_Link

Bloodborne

I don't have enough time to really get back into this :( Can only play for 20-30 minutes max and that is not really the time to make good progress :blank:

Damn you, real life :laughing:

Still no news about that promised patch...network stability and loading times desperately need improvement.

@Sheikah up for the third chalice dungeon later?

Absolutely. :D I think I'm like L80 now or around there. But I should be on tonight, definitely before 9 at least (I'm planning on playing til late. :D)

Finished this today, loved every minute excusing the odd bit of boss rage of course. I ended up level 88 with a 10+ Holy Blade as my weapon of choice.

Childhood beginnings, had to fight two bosses, both were good fun even if they both took a few tries.

Think I'll do some more Chalice Dungeons before I start NG+, need lots of ritual materials though.

Been struggling against the Shadow of Yarnham, so I thought I'd go try defeat the Darkbeast Paarl. After using the advice of going for its legs, it was very easy. Think it was someone from here who mentioned that, so thank you. :p

Absolutely. :D I think I'm like L80 now or around there. But I should be on tonight, definitely before 9 at least (I'm planning on playing til late. :D)

Think m going to have to do some hardcore levelling. Fallen a bit behind. But I managed to do ROM at least.

Unseen Village can fuck right off :shakehead

Those fucking asshole bell-bitches. :blank:

Love this game :D

There's an item you definitely want to pick up from the top of that building. The lever will come in very handy in the future.

Ahhh, I managed to figure out what I needed to do.

I basically "fluked" the Forbidden Woods. I found the shortcut that unlocks the door to the lamp at the start of the woods and I found out how to get that lever working, which operates the lift. I put on my white poison protection garments and tried to pick up as many items as possible. I even found my way to the boss and promptly died three times!

I've been re-doing that section up to the boss so I know where to go. I've memorised the path now.

Awaken at the lamp.

Through the door to the lift.

Exit the lift, turn right, down the ramp and past snake-head to the other lift.

Past snakehead number two, turn left at the lake.

Go through the valley of the pigs.

Turn left.

Boss.

:D

On a side note, I tried that boss and...

On my fourth go, I only had 9 vials and thought I'd just go for it anyway. I managed to kill one of the shadows, got another down to 2 hits away from him dying and had about 9/10s of the other left. Could have done it with twenty vials. Gutted.

Well played @Fierce_LiNk two bosses in a day, bet you're glad you stuck at it now. Yeah, the woods can be disorientating but are worth exploring as rewards can be found. :)

Thank you, I felt invincible. :D

@drahkon, I played this tonight whilst listening to Origin of Symmetry and Absolution on Spotify. :D

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

@drahkon, I played this tonight whilst listening to Origin of Symmetry and Absolution on Spotify. :D

:bowdown: Bloodborne has an amazing soundtrack itself, but listening to other music during fights can be awesome, too. :D

This was on during my fight against the final Boss of the first Chalice Dungeon. : peace: Dat breakdown.

Man, Stockholm Syndrome must have been amazing. :awesome:

Edited by drahkon

Approaching Vicar Amelia soon, have been exploring and finding new shiz. Great fun so far.

Looking to take above boss down today at some point!

Just downed Martyr Logarius at Castle Cainhurst. Such an awesome fight.

Unsure of what to do next, though.

Anyone else joined a Covenant?

Amazing boss that one, one of my favourites! I found two covenants on my playthrough, gives you access to some awesome gear. You can swap between covenants whenever as well so always worth joining.

Yeah I joined the vilebloods, which you need the Crown of Illusions to access, gives you the ability to buy the awesome looking armour I'm currently using.

What's the best way to deal with hunters? I struggle to deal with the ones that spam their guns - which is most of them

Ahhh, I managed to figure out what I needed to do.

I basically "fluked" the Forbidden Woods. I found the shortcut that unlocks the door to the lamp at the start of the woods and I found out how to get that lever working, which operates the lift. I put on my white poison protection garments and tried to pick up as many items as possible. I even found my way to the boss and promptly died three times!

I've been re-doing that section up to the boss so I know where to go. I've memorised the path now.

Awaken at the lamp.

Through the door to the lift.

Exit the lift, turn right, down the ramp and past snake-head to the other lift.

Past snakehead number two, turn left at the lake.

Go through the valley of the pigs.

Turn left.

Boss.

:D

On a side note, I tried that boss and...

On my fourth go, I only had 9 vials and thought I'd just go for it anyway. I managed to kill one of the shadows, got another down to 2 hits away from him dying and had about 9/10s of the other left. Could have done it with twenty vials. Gutted.

Thank you, I felt invincible. :D

If you kill the katana wielding one first, the fire spraying one doesn't attack, so just back him into a corner and swing away. It's pretty easy then.

Amazing boss that one, one of my favourites! I found two covenants on my playthrough, gives you access to some awesome gear. You can swap between covenants whenever as well so always worth joining.

Yeah, he is an absolutely awesome boss. And the setting for that fight too, so cool.

Does joining a Covenant effect co-op?

For @The Bard as well

I used the crown, picked up the invite, gave it to the other hunter. He killed the queen and then he died himself. So I have an Executioners Oath rune.

I also have the queen's still-beating remains.

Yeah, he is an absolutely awesome boss. And the setting for that fight too, so cool.

For @The Bard as well

I used the crown, picked up the invite, gave it to the other hunter. He killed the queen and then he died himself. So I have an Executioners Oath rune.

Yeah, Covenants are pvp/invasion based but can effect co op, if you summon someone for help and they belong to a different Covenant they can be hostile rather than helpful. You're only attached to the Covenant whilst you have the Rune equipped though.

Sounds like you joined a different Covenant to me? I put on the Crown, kneeled before the Queen and joined the Vilebloods. I never used the invite so that's obviously a Covenant I missed but I'll remember that for NG+. :)

I also joined the Hunters Covenant but that's linked to an NPC quest.

For @The Bard as well

You can use her remains to revive her after the two optional bosses at Upper Cathedral ward, for which you get the key in Yahar'gul.

Anyone else have trouble with the chalice co op? Entered the appropriate glyph, rung the appropriate bell but never find each other.

I had another good night on this and...

Managed to take down The Shadows on my first go tonight. I came close yesterday with only a handful of vials but did it today going in there with a full 20. I never really had any trouble...I fucking LOVE the Kirhammer and Sword.

Ermahgerd, Berrgeeernweeeerth.

I died at the fucking hunter on the inside of the building (the white one, no racist) four times! FAQ UUUU

:bowdown: Bloodborne has an amazing soundtrack itself, but listening to other music during fights can be awesome, too. :D

This was on during my fight against the final Boss of the first Chalice Dungeon. : peace: Dat breakdown.

Man, Stockholm Syndrome must have been amazing. :awesome:

Stockholm Syndrome was a killer, aye.

The soundtrack is nice. A nice bit of Mogwai also works as it adds to the creepy atmosphere of the game. The Les Revenants soundtrack could have actually been part of this game's soundtrack and we'd never have known otherwise!

What's the best way to deal with hunters? I struggle to deal with the ones that spam their guns - which is most of them

I'm struggling with one tonight. I guess dodging them is a start and figuring out how they move, since they all act differently to each other. For some, I try and stay close, then dodge and hit them. For others I might slash then roll away. Use fire paper/bolt paper as that can help A LOT.

If you kill the katana wielding one first, the fire spraying one doesn't attack, so just back him into a corner and swing away. It's pretty easy then.

I did differently.

I went for the fire one first as he was annoying me. Then went for Katana guy second and finished off with the other one last. Katana guy was the harder of the three, I thought, but even then it was a case of just getting the hits in and dodging his.

Ermahgerd, Berrgeeernweeeerth.

I died at the fucking hunter on the inside of the building (the white one, no racist) four times! FAQ UUUU

Took me quite a few attempts to beat her. Stay as close as possible to stop her doing that magic strike thing, and just keep sidestepping. Found it pretty easy following those tips.

Took me quite a few attempts to beat her. Stay as close as possible to stop her doing that magic strike thing, and just keep sidestepping. Found it pretty easy following those tips.

I know her patterns now, she just deals quite a lot of hefty damage. That magic strike thing has one-hit-KOd me a few times already.

Also, roughly, how far am I into the game?

Can anyone help me with Micolash later? I'm lvl 80 but the fucker always spams me with an arcane blast. Even if I try to stay close he finds a way to get away for a second. Is driving me nuts because the rest of the fight is easy.