NEurope
Retro_Link

Bloodborne

I don't think the music box worked for me either. I went into the fight confident that the box would make it a doddle, and it seemingly failed. Paniiiic. I managed to get through it, somehow.

You have to be quite close to him for it to work.

And I read you can only use it 3 times on his first form and once on his second form.

I was listening to the latest Beyond episode and Brian's Bloodborne story had me in stitches. It reminded me of the guys on here who were struggling at first and then it suddenly clicked.

Give that section a listen. It starts at 21:20 and is hilarious once he gets going.

Listening to his story and reading how Flinky and co. are getting on really makes me want to buy the game. I've still got a PS4 backlog to get through though. Must stay strong....

Witches of Hemwick. Thought it was very easy at first, until I realised there's a 2nd witch that revives the other one. It's still pretty easy if you keep moving and avoid that white stun spell. Overall by far the easiest boss so far for me.

I've started on the forbidden woods. Hopefully I'm heading in the right way?

I was listening to the latest Beyond episode and Brian's Bloodborne story had me in stitches. It reminded me of the guys on here who were struggling at first and then it suddenly clicked.

Give that section a listen. It starts at 21:20 and is hilarious once he gets going.

Listening to his story and reading how Flinky and co. are getting on really makes me want to buy the game. I've still got a PS4 backlog to get through though. Must stay strong....

I watched part of that podcast (from where you said) and quite enjoyed it!

Completely and utterly true what they say about Bloodborne. I had the EXACT same criticisms at the start and did the thing that he said that he never does but did for this (posting to twitter/facebook). I don't know how it does it, but this game manages to alienate you right at the start. The comparison to being a newborn baby is true.

It's definitely won me around, although I don't know how or why. I don't even know why I like this game. By all rights, it shouldn't work and it should be my most/ the most hated game there is, but somehow it's the opposite.

Ine has ordered a cross-trainer and it's getting delivered today. I want to play this game but can't as there is no way to pause (another reason why I should hate it but don't!)...I woke up this morning and my one urge was to Bloodborne.

I watched part of that podcast (from where you said) and quite enjoyed it!

Completely and utterly true what they say about Bloodborne. I had the EXACT same criticisms at the start and did the thing that he said that he never does but did for this (posting to twitter/facebook). I don't know how it does it, but this game manages to alienate you right at the start. The comparison to being a newborn baby is true.

It's definitely won me around, although I don't know how or why. I don't even know why I like this game. By all rights, it shouldn't work and it should be my most/ the most hated game there is, but somehow it's the opposite.

Ine has ordered a cross-trainer and it's getting delivered today. I want to play this game but can't as there is no way to pause (another reason why I should hate it but don't!)...I woke up this morning and my one urge was to Bloodborne.

If you used rest mode it will hold the game session in a suspended state and you can resume where you left off. :) (make sure you turn it on to resume the game when entering rest mode)

Anyone able to help me with the Keeper of the Old Lords boss on the second chalice dungeon? I'm level 57. She's trying my patience hard.

If you get a few more levels (literally like 3-4) I am probably within playable range of you then (I'm L7X something). I'll definitely be on tonight from around 7:30/45 ish!

Tried to co-op with Daft for about an hour, but couldn't get into his game. Not sure if level disparity figures into Chalice Dungeon co-op? Cause I'm level 168, which probably means I'm going to have difficulty finding anyone to co-op with on my friends list.

If you get a few more levels (literally like 3-4) I am probably within playable range of you then (I'm L7X something). I'll definitely be on tonight from around 7:30/45 ish!

That'd be ace! 7:45?

Sounds good. I haven't started the second dungeon though (cleared the first though). Will it be a case of me dropping a summon stone at the second dungeon entrance? How do you get into the second dungeon Btw? Offer up specific ingredients? Also did you get a couple of levels so we are within level range?

@The Bard yeah it does. At L168 I think you might've gone past the meta PvP/co-op range (think around 120?)

I think you have to have done the second dungeon for you to join me. Yeah, I've levelled up a few times. I can help you do the second dungeon if you want to help me with the last boss?

I've made it to the Vicar Amelia boss fight. I got her to her final quarter of health on my first go, knew it would be close but finally run out of vials and died. Need moat vials before this fight.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk
Automerged Doublepost

I think you have to have done the second dungeon for you to join me. Yeah, I've levelled up a few times. I can help you do the second dungeon if you want to help me with the last boss?

Sure! I'm on now. :)

I beat cleric beast after more than a few attempts, at one point I must have had him on 1 percent and fecking died, I had 7 blood vials left! But finally got the bugger!

I tried

Vicar Amelia

last night again. Tried it about four times, in addition to the one attempt earlier.

Second attempt was lol. I have Ine on what I call "healing patrol." When my health is dangerously low, she'll shout "HEAL!" and I can concentrate on getting the fucker killed. This time, she made the call but I didn't react quick enough and died about...30 seconds into the boss. Only used one vial, it was so quick and stupid.

Third attempt, I got it done to about...a tenth of its health bar left over. Seriously, with two more vials I would have made it.

Fourth attempt was a complete fuck up and I tried something different and only got it down to halfway before dying. I know the strategy, so I just have to stick with it.

I've had an excellent day on this.

I SMASHED Vicar Amelia. Totally ruined her. I didn't know what the fire paper truly did, so I gave it a go and fuuuark, it really helped. I got behind her and just took chunks off her health. Only ended up needing to use a handful of vials in the end now that I had my strategy nailed down.

:D

Once I dispatched her, I went to

Hemwick Charnel Lane and explored that area.

I thought I'd do a little scouting mission and just ended up going further and further. Somehow I missed the lamp (just found it now, can't believe I went past it) and ended up finding the boss...

Pure comedy. I thought I'd found a lamp room, didn't realise it was a boss until its health bar came up. The Witch of Hemwick! The boss was quite easy, I thought. I figured out the best way would be to destroy her minions first before attacking her and it was just a case of rinsing and repeating that. This time, I used a combination of the fire paper and bolt paper, which worked an absolute fucking treat.

I had to kill the boss there and then otherwise I would have had to find my way there again all the way from Cathedral Ward, which is miiiiiiles away because I missed the lamp.

So, I did that and kept looking around. Found out how to get to

The Forbidden Woods. I've been there for about an hour, died repeatedly, missed the lamp, just found the lamp, died some more, etc. I...have found these horrible poisonous creature things with human bodies but plant heads. Fucking horrific. I guess this is where I need to be right now. It's hard.

I've also been putting on some Spotify and playing this game both yesterday and today. Right now, I've got the Les Revenants soundtrack by Mogwai on. Earlier on, I had some Sigur Ros and yesterday I played The Last of Us soundtrack. Pure hnnnnnnnnnng. It fits in with the atmosphere of the game, particularly the Mogwai stuff.

So, all in all, a successful day! Very successful. Two bosses killed, two new areas discovered and various lamps lit!

I've had an excellent day on this.

I SMASHED Vicar Amelia. Totally ruined her. I didn't know what the fire paper truly did, so I gave it a go and fuuuark, it really helped. I got behind her and just took chunks off her health. Only ended up needing to use a handful of vials in the end now that I had my strategy nailed down.

:D

Once I dispatched her, I went to

Hemwick Charnel Lane and explored that area.

I thought I'd do a little scouting mission and just ended up going further and further. Somehow I missed the lamp (just found it now, can't believe I went past it) and ended up finding the boss...

Pure comedy. I thought I'd found a lamp room, didn't realise it was a boss until its health bar came up. The Witch of Hemwick! The boss was quite easy, I thought. I figured out the best way would be to destroy her minions first before attacking her and it was just a case of rinsing and repeating that. This time, I used a combination of the fire paper and bolt paper, which worked an absolute fucking treat.

I had to kill the boss there and then otherwise I would have had to find my way there again all the way from Cathedral Ward, which is miiiiiiles away because I missed the lamp.

So, I did that and kept looking around. Found out how to get to

The Forbidden Woods. I've been there for about an hour, died repeatedly, missed the lamp, just found the lamp, died some more, etc. I...have found these horrible poisonous creature things with human bodies but plant heads. Fucking horrific. I guess this is where I need to be right now. It's hard.

I've also been putting on some Spotify and playing this game both yesterday and today. Right now, I've got the Les Revenants soundtrack by Mogwai on. Earlier on, I had some Sigur Ros and yesterday I played The Last of Us soundtrack. Pure hnnnnnnnnnng. It fits in with the atmosphere of the game, particularly the Mogwai stuff.

So, all in all, a successful day! Very successful. Two bosses killed, two new areas discovered and various lamps lit!

I just ignored the minions for the Witches, they were slow and lost aggro if you move far enough away. :p

I found sticking to the left hand side of the woods helpful from where the lamp is. Was easier for me. ;)

I just ignored the minions for the Witches, they were slow and lost aggro if you move far enough away. :p

I found sticking to the left hand side of the woods helpful from where the lamp is. Was easier for me. ;)

I've heard people say that the woods is a bitch to navigate and they're right.

I found this building that is about two/three floors high. That's where I first encountered the human body/plant head thing and there's a lever in another room that I can't use yet but it looks like it's for some kind of lift.

Not sure if that place is important yet or not. Or if I should just leave it.

I've heard people say that the woods is a bitch to navigate and they're right.

I found this building that is about two/three floors high. That's where I first encountered the human body/plant head thing and there's a lever in another room that I can't use yet but it looks like it's for some kind of lift.

Not sure if that place is important yet or not. Or if I should just leave it.

There's an item you definitely want to pick up from the top of that building. The lever will come in very handy in the future.

Had tonnes of fun with this yesterday. Explored the first part of old yarnam. The second part scares me. Unlocked shortcuts in the church yard. Too chicken to fight the boss yet. Creeps the heck out of me.

Also found the woods but again too scared to explore just yet.

Well played @Fierce_LiNk two bosses in a day, bet you're glad you stuck at it now. Yeah, the woods can be disorientating but are worth exploring as rewards can be found. :)

As for me, I've beaten over the last few days.

Celestial Emissary, weird boss fight, I'll let you encounter it yourself.

Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos, nearly missed this one completely, was about to return to Hunters Dream when I read a note on the floor which pointed me in a new direction, phew. The fight seemed ok till her final phase where things got extremely tricky, got it done but it took a few tries.

Feel like I'm approaching the end game now, which I'll probably attempt sometime today.

Edited by Map

Any tips on Father Gascoigne, I think patience is the key but what about when her turns into a werewolf thing, he goes ape shit on me and I don't stand a chance.

Use the tree to block him when he transforms, and grab that music box from the house with the lantern right before you enter the boss area (I never did though).