NEurope
Retro_Link

Bloodborne

Progress has finally been made, as after an hour of playing I finally managed to take down the first boss! :yay: Felt so good finally taking it down after a near try earlier this evening but it finally fell after taking a more cautious approach and some strategic dodging round a particular side of the boss :grin:

Getting over that hurdle and making progress has squarely put me in the camp of "enjoying it so far" now. Can already feel the desire to delve in further and see what comes next. Did a little more exploring in a sewer area and unlocked another short cut to make back travel easier and have managed to get myself up to level 18 as well but that's that for a night. Will pick up early next week when I next get enough time to plow into it, although I know it's going to be eating away at me as I start to wonder what comes next.

Have got the opportunity to get the Kirkton weapon, thoughts anyone on whether it's worthwhile changing from the Switchaxe thing to that? Have fortified my axe 2 times now (think that's right, either that or 3 I can't remember exactly). Does it change the attack style much, as I do love the switch combo on the axe.

We're pretty much at the same point. I've been harvesting souls and am now on level 23, atm!

I think I'm getting used to the weapons and the pace/style of the game. Now that I know roughly how the game works, I can enjoy it a bit more. I feel like a fucking hero taking down Cleric Beast.

I'm not enjoying this and currently going to bed in a bad mood because of it.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the combat alot especially the parry system which is pretty satisfying. But what I hate/don't understand is the save system. I'm coming up to the first boss battle and having killed a load of enemies in getting there, I die. Then I have to start all the way back from the last check point thingy bob. I mean, what the hell is up with that?! I'm just having to repeat 20-30 mins of killing the same enemies again and trying to reach the boss.

Am I missing something? Some sort of short cut I haven't unlocked? Because if all this back tracking is required, the game isn't for me. Which is a shame.

From my last post, I've played a few more hours of this and really starting to get into it.

I realised that I had missed a shortcut along the way. The satisfaction of finding this was immense and has allowed me to enjoy the game alot more, go exploring, refining combat etc.

I'm yet to meet the first boss but having fun exploring before I attempt it.

I might give it a shot later tonight. Wish me luck!

Beaten Father Gascoigne this morning on my 5th attempt. Bloody hard, had to level up before and just about managed it!

As a non Souls player, I've surprisingly managed to get to grips (kinda) with it so I urge others who are sceptical to give it a try. Worth it once you figure it out!

Beaten Father Gascoigne this morning on my 5th attempt. Bloody hard, had to level up before and just about managed it!

As a non Souls player, I've surprisingly managed to get to grips (kinda) with it so I urge others who are sceptical to give it a try. Worth it once you figure it out!

I did Father Gascoigne yesterday night, so we're roughly at the same point, you and I.

I've definitely changed my opinion about the game and now think it's awesome. If I didn't need to sleep, I would have done an all-nighter on this. I believe I'm level 30 now. :D

The game is like crack.

Just got Ludwig's Holy Sword. I love it, it's such a beast.

Have got the opportunity to get the Kirkton weapon, thoughts anyone on whether it's worthwhile changing from the Switchaxe thing to that? Have fortified my axe 2 times now (think that's right, either that or 3 I can't remember exactly). Does it change the attack style much, as I do love the switch combo on the axe.

Nothing we can really tell you. You should try to get/buy every weapon there is and figure out which one you like most.

Don't worry about upgrading, you'll get more than enough materials to upgrade pretty much everything (at least halfway through the upgrades).

I finally managed to take down the first boss! :yay: Felt so good finally taking it down

I feel like a fucking hero taking down Cleric Beast.

The satisfaction of finding this was immense and has allowed me to enjoy the game alot more, go exploring, refining combat etc.

This is what Bloodborne (or the Souls games) is (are) about. The satisfaction you get when you find a shortcut, defeat a boss, loot an amazing item/weapon, realize that a different weapon is more your style, ...basically everything you do is important and has a purpose.

I love it : peace:

I did Father Gascoigne yesterday night, so we're roughly at the same point, you and I.

I've definitely changed my opinion about the game and now think it's awesome. If I didn't need to sleep, I would have done an all-nighter on this. I believe I'm level 30 now. :D

The game is like crack.

Ah nice! I'm only level 21 though! Have you been grinding up I guess? Think I need to level up as I just died... I actually don't mind grinding in this game, allows me to relax and enjoy the combat a bit more.

Trying to get as much game time in before I head off with the family for Easter activities!

Ah nice! I'm only level 21 though! Have you been grinding up I guess? Think I need to level up as I just died... I actually don't mind grinding in this game, allows me to relax and enjoy the combat a bit more.

Trying to get as much game time in before I head off with the family for Easter activities!

I did a fair bit of leveling up/grinding but used it to try and figure out how the enemies move and to get my timings right with the weapon hits. Upgrading my stamina has helped as I can dodge and hit a bit better now.

ZRtk7u0.jpg

Lpd5FNm.jpg

NO! Bad people! :p

Grinding to level up is not the point. To buy weapons/equipment and maybe upgrade gear...that's reasonable.

But leveling up Vitality so you can just tank or levelling up Strength to destroy a boss is definitely not the point of Bloodborne.

Not implying that you do that and I don't want to sound condescending but making the game easy via farming to level up destroys the fun. At least for me. :D

Edited by drahkon

Opened up another shortcut in the Forbidden Woods and found the boss. I'm thinking I won't be able to finish that anytime soon.

ZRtk7u0.jpg

Lpd5FNm.jpg

NO! Bad people! :p

Grinding to level up is not the point. To buy weapons/equipment and maybe upgrade gear...that's reasonable.

But leveling up Vitality so you can just tank or levelling up Strength to destroy a boss is definitely not the point of Bloodborne.

Not implying that you do that and I don't want to sound condescending but making the game easy via farming to level up destroys the fun. At least for me. :D

Like I said, I mainly used it to figure out the patterns and how the weapons work. Getting echoes and using them for upgrading the stamina is basically a bonus. I understand how to bring down brick brutes now, for example.

I know, I know. :p

Well, my gilfriend is back at her place so it's time for me to get back to Bloodborne. : peace:

The frame rate is bad and the game should feel bad.

Not had much time on it, literally an hour. Died 3 times,

didn't realise you lose that blood stuff when you die, got it back as I passed my death spot earlier. Also didn't realise everything respawns when go back to the dream world.

Fought

this huge cleaver dude, launched all my cocktails at it and it had hardly any health left but got me first.

As it stands I'm not sure what to think yet, I'll pump some more hours into it and see what's what but I'm honestly getting to the point where sports games, shoot em ups, hack and slash and RPGs are the only games I enjoy...

This is what Bloodborne (or the Souls games) is (are) about. The satisfaction you get when you find a shortcut, defeat a boss, loot an amazing item/weapon, realize that a different weapon is more your style, ...basically everything you do is important and has a purpose.
Or the immense annoyance when you later realise that you could've just talked to the giant fucking dragon to proceed, rather than repeatedly get your arse kicked by it. :laughing:

Yeah, although I did ultimately enjoy my first souls game (Dark Souls II) the fact that it took me almost a year to finish, and gave me a pretty tough time throughout means I'm in no hurry to torture myself with Bloodborne. :hehe:

Always good to have some games on the to do list though, and I'll probably check this out at some point in the future.

Ok I'm enjoying it now. Spent a good hour getting back to basics and fully exploring areas I had unlocked. Bought the saw spear, which I prefer so much more than the axe, only to later find it.

Then I spent more time learning how to kill the enemies I had struggled with. Really feels satisfying when you nail down the party mechanic tho enemies sometimes just blaze right through it. Only lv 14 but think I'll try the cleric beast again. Played so long and still haven't beaten the first boss!

Made some great progress, 3 bosses down today!

Nightmare Of Mensis

But stopped at the lantern as I may check out another area I opened up first, but I'll leave that till tomorrow.

So glad to see so many people enjoying this now. For me, nothing is as rewarding or gives you such a sense of achievement as From Software games, outstanding stuff and the best game on PS4.

Holy shit, I just wandered around today. Got to a pretty tough area, kept getting killed by this one enemy but eventually got past. But there were the more of the ogre type dudes with axes so I legged it. Found a house where I took refuge until a fucking witch attacked me. Killed the boss on my first go. It was terrifying and awesome.

Holy shit, I just wandered around today. Got to a pretty tough area, kept getting killed by this one enemy but eventually got past. But there were the more of the ogre type dudes with axes so I legged it. Found a house where I took refuge until a fucking witch attacked me. Killed the boss on my first go. It was terrifying and awesome.

Ha, took refuge thinking you're safe and it ends up being a boss, talk about out of the flames and into the fire! Props for doing it first time though, took me a couple of tries that boss.

It was terrifying and awesome.

Speaking of terrifying. I just completed the first layer of a new Chalice Dungeon I created...

First 3 minutes: Two jump scares...I screamed like a little bitch :laughing:

A minute later: An enemy I've never seen before came out of nowhere and I kid you not: I was in panic. No video game has ever brought me into a state of panic...I mashed R1 in the hopes of kiling it while it was letting out horrifying shrieks that made my heart race in despair. :shakehead I managed to kill this thing...

2 minutes later: Another one of those monsters awaited me in a different room...it noticed my presence and I heard that shriek again. Panic ensued for the second time. Accidentally switched weapons, had to deal with my fear and the resulting ineptitude and simply wailed on this fucking thing.

I survived. But not sure if I'll be able to sleep tonight :laughing:

This game...

Managed to grab a few more lamps tonight.

And I've killed what I think is the sixth or seventh boss, (I've lost count)

I'm now:

out of the woods and on the way managed to open up a shortcut right back to the beginning of the game. I'm now in Byrgenwerth and there are some truly hideous monsters.

I'm now:
out of the woods and on the way managed to open up a shortcut right back to the beginning of the game. I'm now in Byrgenwerth and there are some truly hideous monsters.

Reached that area last night...and I found its boss. This fucking boss...I won't spoil anything but it's annoying.

Ha, took refuge thinking you're safe and it ends up being a boss, talk about out of the flames and into the fire! Props for doing it first time though, took me a couple of tries that boss.

Yeah, I was like...this is a big and empty room...oh crap. There was a bit about half way through the fight when I got caught in like a throat slice animation and almost died and I was thinking of giving up and coming back when I felt a little more prepared but I though FUCK YOU WITCH! Rallied, took my time, played a little more defensively and bam.

When I used my last health vial I was calm. It was me or the witch. I looked her in the eye and said, "You know who gets stitches? Witches get stitches." And with that, I crushed her skull with my blade.

I was basically on a high for the next couple hours. Ha!

I think I've missed a couple bosses out. I'll go back an hunt for them. I have a vague idea where they might be.

I absolutely love the feeling in this game of "I really shouldn't be here..." Don't know if anyone else gets it.

Every time I've come to a big room in this game, I've turned around and looked for the shortcut instead :p Open space = boss.

Beat Rom and Amygdala yesterday. The latter was so difficult at first until I realised I was approaching it wrong, then so easy once I realised.

There's little talk of Chalice Dungeons here. Am I the only one doing them?

Haven't done a lot, but I found the second "type" of chalice and hopefully I'll soon get that one item that's supposed to make setting up chalice runs with others easier.

Still haven't created a random dungeon, only done rituals for the so called "story-line" ones.

Even though I probably only have seen 10% of the dungeon layouts/rooms/enemies/etc I sure hope that future DLCs add more : peace:

There's little talk of Chalice Dungeons here. Am I the only one doing them?

Not yet, been to engrossed in the main game, will check them out soon. You getting any decent rewards from them?

Reached that area last night...and I found its boss. This fucking boss...I won't spoil anything but it's annoying.

@Shorty summed this boss up perfectly!

Rom is such a dick.