NEurope
Retro_Link

Bloodborne

Haven't played at all over the weekend :blank: I'll have a bit of time over the next few days, though. : peace:

Did the Father Gascoigne fight earlier. It was awesome. Super intense. Used the music box to stun him - and then when he was under half health a couple molatovs.

Don't even know where to get that music box you've used. Well, something to look for on NG+ :D

Fought and killed Father Gascoigne just now. What an amazing fight. Shit my pants when I got him down to his health threshold.

Currently using the Axe (upgraded it three times and added a blood gem). Will farm echoes to buy all the weapons before moving on. Really want to give that Kirkhammer a go as it looks awesome. I mean, a sword which can be transformed into a fucking stone hammer. :laughing:

Got the Small Resonant Bell which you can use to help others. Gave someone a hand with defeating Gascoigne. It was incredibly laggy :blank: Hope the next patch gets released soon.

Did I miss the bit where it told you how to equip a weapon! 30 minutes later I had to Google it!

Did I miss the bit where it told you how to equip a weapon! 30 minutes later I had to Google it!

Don't count on the game telling you anything besides the basic controls in the beginning.

That's the beauty of Bloodborne (and the Souls games). It's all about exploration, and not only exploring the world but exploring the mechanics (yes, even as basic as getting to grips with the inventory).

Yeah fair enough, but I imagine fighting a werewolf with your bare hands for 30 minutes isn't fun for a lot of people and would put them right off it.

Yeah fair enough, but I imagine fighting a werewolf with your bare hands for 30 minutes isn't fun for a lot of people and would put them right off it.

Well, if people haven't figured out that you need a weapon (and need to find out how to equip said weapon) after fighting for 30 minutes and dying over and over again...then the Souls games aren't for them :D

lol, you'd never make it that far with your bare hands.

You get a ridiculous number of gemstones in this game. I'm not planning on switching weapons just yet but when I do, I'll be able to max it out right away.

Yep, you easily get enough to max several (or at least get several to +6). Especially helpful as the Tonitrus doesn't have the best durability.

This game is kicking my arse and making me look like a scrub. Think I'm being way too cautious at the moment. Beautiful though

Pretty sure I'm close to the next boss. Taking a break, though as I need to eat :laughing:

I had starting to get my bearings, thought I was getting to know where everything was but nope. It really is a maze.

I was wandering around Old Yarham, went really far and the further I went, the more I wanted to turn back. 15,000 blood echoes and I still pushed forward bot now desperately looking for a way to open a shot-cut back to the start. Being cautious, trying oh so hard to not die or accidentally stroll into a boss.

Eventually I found a way back, and levelled up three times to lvl 29. The tension. My heart. This game. Epic.

Wait until you get to the lower Forbidden Woods. Never felt so amazingly lost in a game level.

Trying to beat the first Chalice Dungeon.

Not an easy task when you fight new enemies. :laughing:

Christ this is hard, finally getting to grips with it now, but still haven't progressed very far, unlocked the odd gate here and there!

I think Rom was actually the easiest boss so far for me. Hit, hit, run, hit. :heh:

I remember entering the fight with only about 6 healing potions and thinking I wouldn't have a chance.

Edited by Sheikah

The Vicar was easiest for me, didn't get hit once or use a single potion. I was actually concerned that it was a poor boss, I never even saw any of its attacks.

I think maybe I'm not currently dealing enough damage for Rom. I watched a video of it and some dude had about double my health and a sword. I haven't come across a sword...

Managed to do a nice amount of progress.

Level 35, bought Ludwig's Holy Blade - the Axe is still the best weapon so far - and beat the Witch. : peace:

Now I have no idea where to go :laughing: Have a suspicion, though.

The Vicar was easiest for me, didn't get hit once or use a single potion. I was actually concerned that it was a poor boss, I never even saw any of its attacks.

I think maybe I'm not currently dealing enough damage for Rom. I watched a video of it and some dude had about double my health and a sword. I haven't come across a sword...

Yeah I used the sword. Wrecked the motherfucker. :heh: You should have come across the item that lets you buy it by that point?

@drahkon I know somewhere you could go

you been 'captured' yet?

;)

Tonitrus awaits!

you been 'captured' yet?
;)

Tonitrus awaits!

Not yet. Sounds interesting, though. Let's see if it happens when I investigate my suspicion :D

Haven't looked up anything besides how the chalice dungeons work, yet.

This game is such a joy. With every death comes a new revelation, with every new weapon combat changes, with every new enemy my heart races,...the list goes on and on.

Edit: Reached Layer 3 of my first Chalice Dungeon. Man, it gets tough down there.

Edited by drahkon

Really don't understand the hype around this game at the moment. I loved demon souls, dark souls less so, but the lack of progress im making is astounding.

Can't even make it to first boss let alone kill him and taking out the enemies to get to him is increasingly frustrating.

Would have given up by now if I wasn't so stubborn and having paid so much already

Really don't understand the hype around this game at the moment. I loved demon souls, dark souls less so, but the lack of progress im making is astounding.

Can't even make it to first boss let alone kill him and taking out the enemies to get to him is increasingly frustrating.

Would have given up by now if I wasn't so stubborn and having paid so much already

As soon as you even reach a boss (regardless of whether you die) you get 1 insight and can then level up.

When you reach the 2 massive dog beasts on the bridge, run past them and make a break for the house on the left. You can unlock a shortcut that essentially provides a <30 second route to the boss from the checkpoint.

It's one of those things where once you get some of those things done, the game becomes a heck of a lot less difficult.

Oh god I reached and got stuck and got killed 😑. Thanks, will keep trying