NEurope
Retro_Link

Bloodborne

If anyone else had the issue I did with PayPal, I managed to get it resolved by making a minor fuss on twitter :p

Ah the tension of having so many souls/echoes and no fast travel in sight, boss ahead ready to tear you apart, how I have missed thee

It's sooooo good. It's kicking my ass - and I like it!

ooo err Matron? :heh:

My copy should be here tomorrow!

There's a custom sound setting for the PS4 headset. Update the companion app and upload it to your headset : peace:

Will try it out now :yay:

How far are you guys?

Father Gascoine(sp?), got him down to 2/3rds health first time, grinded for some molotovs and got him to about a 1/3rd on my 2nd attempt. I think the Cleric Beast is meant to be the first boss, but it's possible to miss it. :p

Beat the first boss just now.

What a fight. Died once, killed the beast on my second attempt. I really had to strike a balance between attacking the monster to heal or heal via a blood vial.

I'm taking my time with the game. Exploring is great, not only because of the possibility to find awesome loot but also because it's just so beautiful.

Mine's coming tomorrow. Very excited, but probably won't get much time to play it! Not until Saturday!

My first hour...

giphy.gif

Got the hang of it now though and I'm enjoying the change in gameplay compared to the Souls games.

I've beaten the first boss and have opened up some shortcuts, also found some nice items along the way and now I've just reached the second boss but I think I'll tackle him tomorrow, amazing game!

I'm finding the lock-on in this kind of annoying. A bit of a liability.

Game is great, beat the second boss this morning and I'm really getting my timing down with parry/riposte, feels good. Currently exploring the next area for more loot. :)

It certainly has a steep learning curve but I am enjoying it. I haven't actually managed to kill a boss yet but have stumbled across two, the latter of which I didn't even want to fight but had just gone exploring too far I guess.

I like the maze-like quality of the city. This is the first game in quite a while that's made me actually want to explore - the lack of objectives and map probably help.

And I've died more times than I've played the WiiU in the last year. Whoops!

Finally beat the 2nd boss, and did it by only using a single blood vial. Best PS4 game easily (until Uncharted comes out...)

Made a start earlier this evening, i'm impressed. So far, i've died more times than i'd think to count.

At the start when you see that creature in the lab, i genuinely thought you had to punch it to death.

Souls veterans: how does it compare to DeS and DaS (1)?

Better? Worse? Just as good but different? I need your impressions, people... it might be a while 'till I can join the fight.

Souls veterans: how does it compare to DeS and DaS (1)?

Better? Worse? Just as good but different? I need your impressions, people... it might be a while 'till I can join the fight.

It's the best game they've ever done. I don't say that lightly. Combat is refined and attacking feels skilful, rather than crawling around corners with a 100% damage blocking shield. There's trick weapons so weapons can work in more than one situation. 'Bonfires' are far more spread out, upping the difficulty. And loads of other things that I think I'd be spoiling if I went into too much detail.

The bosses are also ridiculously fun!

Loving Bloodborne, it's hard as all hell but totally fair too.

Heres Father "Gazza" Gascoigne getting his arse handed to him.

Did the Father Gascoigne fight earlier. It was awesome. Super intense. Used the music box to stun him - and then when he was under half health a couple molatovs.

What weapons are everyone rocking?

I switch between the flick-saw weapon and the gain axe in my right and the blunderbuss and touch in my left.

Edited by Daft

I'm sticking with the saw cleaver and blunderbuss for now. I haven't levelled up guns enough to warrant trying anything better so for now I'm essentially treating it like the parry dagger from the previous iterations. I did just buy the stake weapon and put it in my second slot but then kinda... completely forgot about it. I just got through the forbidden forest (in offline mode to avoid the game breaking bug), damn that place is a ramp-up on the difficulty.

Loving the game so far, it's a bit tame compared to Dark Souls but makes up for it with some seriously fun combat and a sprawling multidimensional maze of a world layout.

I had the saw cleaver and blunderbuss until I got the Tonitrus, which is seriously awesome. I now have that and Ludwig's Holy Blade as my 2 main weapons.

I really love this game and already I'm coming across all the sorts of From Software nuances that I love. Going to really enjoy NG+ on this one! Played too much this weekend, so so good.