NEurope
Retro_Link

Bloodborne

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/30/this-is-the-first-purported-footage-of-playstation-4s-project-beast

This is the First Purported Footage of PlayStation 4's Project Beast

Earlier this month, an interesting rumor emerged. Screenshots from something called Project Beast leaked on the Internet. The screens showed a shotgun-wielding man roaming around various environments -- like a temple and a cemetery -- and the game looked distinctly like a From Software experience, the developer behind PlayStation 3's Demon's Souls and both Dark Souls games for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

Today, fuel has officially been added to the fire, as a video posted on NeoGAF -- seen below -- purportedly shows this rumored game in action.

The footage, which comes in at only 19 seconds long, shows a man who appears to be the same shotgun-toting character seen in the screenshots that leaked earlier this month, as well as a small variety of scenes showing off some environments, enemies, and combat situations. It sure looks like a From Software game in the same vein as Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2.

It was clear that Sony didn't anticipate Demon's Souls' success, especially in the west, allowing Namco Bandai to seize control of the series under a different name. Still, with the Demon's Souls name owned by Sony -- and with Sony's long-running relationship with From Software intact (the company has been making PlayStation games since PSone launched in Japan in 1994) -- it was long assumed that Sony would try to get From Software to make another PlayStation-exclusive Souls game. This might just be it.

Now, it's important to note that this footage is unsubstantiated. This footage, as well as the screenshots that leaked earlier, could be real, but we just don't know for sure. So file this as a compelling rumor for the time being. We reached out to Sony for official confirmation. However, the company declined to comment.

From-Software-2.jpg

From-Software-3.png

It looks great, not that it really matters because its existence alone is enough to be happy about.

There's going to be so many great games on the PS4.

Eventually.

If this gets a reveal in any way at E3 and is indeed a (spiritual) successor to Demon's Souls I will...I don't know. Probably be very happy.

I jizzed a little

Edit:

image_bloodborne-25416-2994_0001.jpg

image_bloodborne-25416-2994_0002.jpg

image_bloodborne-25416-2994_0003.jpg

image_bloodborne-25416-2994_0004.jpg

image_bloodborne-25416-2994_0005.jpg

Edited by drahkon

Ok so the full 'Project Beast' trailer has leaked. What they were going to show before I guess they felt it wasn't good enough to show and went with the E3 trailer and behind closed doors footage.

Bloodborne is due to release on PlayStation 4 during the fourth quarter, Sony's official E3 brochure has revealed, suggesting it'll land in stores some time between January-March 2015.

From Software's new action IP was formally revealed during Sony's E3 Press Conference last week following several leaks which saw early screenshots and video footage appear online.

If true it's launching a lot earlier than I expected.

Seeing the gameplay, this looks fantastic. I'll look into it further, but could be a purchase.

TGS trailer.

Release date for the US is set as 6th Feb 2014. I imagine we will get it on the same day.

Here's a pic of the special edition they are getting.

15086309287_6642ba7113.jpg

I am a Souls virgin and I am saving myself for this fine, fine piece of boootay. I am going to let this game do unspeakable things to me next year.

Played it today at EGX, managed to get to the boss in the demo, and promptly got my ass handed to me. 10/10 will buy.

Didn't even make the boss in the demo, but was sold from what I did play. Fantastic game.

It looks so stunning.

I heard only 6 people actually beat the demo, and won prizes for doing so.

Played what i could on the demo, got my backside handed to me at the boss. Certainly am going to pick this up when it comes out.

Bloodborne moved to March 2015.

Hi everyone. As many of you know, earlier this year we announced that our forthcoming PS4 game, Bloodborne, would launch in February 2015. Unfortunately, I’m here today to announce a short delay to the release date, as we need a few more weeks to deliver you the best possible final experience.

We were really grateful for all the player data and feedback we received from those who took part in our recent limited alpha test, and this extra development time will allow us to better integrate these learnings into the game.

Bloodborne is now set to launch in the PAL region exclusively on PlayStation 4 on 25th March, 2015 (and 28th March in UK and Ireland).

In the meantime, look out for some exciting Bloodborne news in early December. Thank you very much for your continued support and patience!

Im ok with this, considering The Witcher will most probably consume my game time in February.

I'm happy with that as well, Witcher III will be occupying my time in February anyway.

It was stupid that The Order and Bloodborne were going to be out in the same month. Still kind of amazed that The Order is on track for February but I guess it's already been delayed once.

Bloodborne moved to March 2015.

Im ok with this, considering The Witcher will most probably consume my game time in February.

9694b3de5392b34342cc46554f63f06b9bc69357217554b47187334a2108c87e.jpg

Seriously though, it's only a month later, and it does make more sense with The Order due out around the same time...