NEurope
Dcubed

Official Gamecube to Wii U Controller Adapter announced!

gceusfh.png

msxh0bj1sch0easlydrst5ufu.jpg

Announced for the Smash Bros Invitational OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE :o

Need analog triggers for Gamecube Virtual Console? Look no further! :D

Hope you still have 4 GCN controllers lying around! (Of course I still do ;) )

Edited by Dcubed

*points to Smash Thread* :D

To be fair it is thread worthy.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Hope you still have 4 GCN controllers lying around! (Of course I still do ;) )

Yep! GameCube was such a fantastic console, I kept everything to do with it. Got one official controller and three unofficial.

Of course, this bodes well for GameCube Virtual Console, but if Nintendo lets me play Zelda Wii U with this, I'll love them even more.

I never had a wavebird, but I've never really liked batteries in a controller anyhow. Was saddened it didn't have rumble neither, whilst a minor feature I've always enjoyed it(which makes me wonder...will SSB4 support GC rumble?)

Being a curmudgeon, I actually love the fact it lets you use the wired versions, rather than wireless. If they let you play every Wii U game from now on with a wired, GC controller (as unlikely as that is), it'd be a dream come true.

That´s official? Great. Now give me an N64 adapter and a Wii controller pro adapter (so you don't have to connect it to a remote).

My Wavebird is falling apart. Yo ho, heave ho, a wired life for me.

Being a curmudgeon, I actually love the fact it lets you use the wired versions, rather than wireless. If they let you play every Wii U game from now on with a wired, GC controller (as unlikely as that is), it'd be a dream come true.

In terms of mapping buttons it wouldn't be too much of an issue.

Zl button would be absent, the home button and the - button.

3 missing inputs. That's workable in my book. I don't see why they couldn't even go the extra step and make it work on games already released, with a firmware update (which we are getting soon anyway....).

Also, have we seen the back of the pad? Maybe it has got a Zl button :D the gamecube pad +

Woah, nice move Nintendo! Some of us were talking recently about when the wired pad options were going to come out, but this sounds pretty good to me! I know they are still manufacturing white controllers with extended cords, so this should be accessible for even new players.

I'll give them bonus points if my ASCII keyboard controller is fully functional with some games :P

I'll be using this beauty.

wavebird.JPG

Wavebird!? Pfft!

REAL players only use this wired controller...

dk-bongos.jpeg

;)

(Speaking of which... that's all of the special GCN controllers and accessories sorted for GCN VC too. Re-releasing DKJB? No problem! Four Swords Adventures? Sure! Hope you still have those GBAs lying around!

Edited by Dcubed

Have they announced price and when this is coming out?

Good news as that third party one which was revealed last week sounded horrific.

So if this adaptor requires two USB ports, and a self-powered external HDD drive requires a further two ports (with Y-cable), that leaves no free USB ports for the Wii U LAN adaptor. Another reason to opt for a externally powered HDD for digital content I guess.

The Wii U does support USB hubs I believe...

I suppose so, but I wonder if that would introduce input lag to either the controller hub or the LAN adaptor? I also wonder if a hub would pull the necessary power to run the external drive w/ Y-adaptor?

I suppose that it would probably depend on the hub... Or you could just plug the HDD into the Wii U directly and run the other stuff through the hub.

As for input lag, I wouldn't imagine it making a difference. USB has more than enough bandwidth to handle controller inputs.

I never had a wavebird, but I've never really liked batteries in a controller anyhow. Was saddened it didn't have rumble neither, whilst a minor feature I've always enjoyed it(which makes me wonder...will SSB4 support GC rumble?)

The batteries honestly last a very long time. I tend to use the cheap ones, that are like 6 for £1.

Hhhhhhng. Pretty exciting announcement...

fb3.gif

I'm seeing... A threesome, 2 blacks on 1 silver.

HAH! I never bought a Pro controller!

That money is going to go straight on this! And that Smash controller!

Awesome! This is something I really really wanted! I hope they patch in later support for games like Mario Kart 8 too, but any way smash bros with gamecube controller is amazing!