NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Cross Console Promotions have begun

Figure this is big enough for its own thread as it's the start of what we have been wanting for ages

* Pullblox and Fallblox on Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and 2DS will be available at the discounted price of £4.49 each from 29th May (15:00 local time) until 12th June (23:59 local time), after which they will revert to their regular prices of £5.39 and £7.19 respectively. Owners of Pullblox and/or Fallblox on Nintendo 3DS and 2DS who download Pullblox World on Nintendo eShop on Wii U using the same Nintendo Network ID can purchase Pullblox World at a special price of £6.29 from 19th June (15:00 local time) until 31st July (23:59 local time). After this date, the game will be available to purchase from Nintendo eShop at the regular price of £8.99

They're nearly there... Cross platform play next...

***EDIT***

It is great news.

Edited by david.dakota

They're nearly there... Cross platform play next...

... cough...

monster-hunter-3-ultimate-cross-play.jpg

monster_hunter_ultimate_double_pack.png

It's been there since day 1... Developers can choose to make use of however they wish...

With this, and the guy on GAF who deleted his NNID via his Wii U (he ignored the warnings and thought he was just removing it) who lost everything that was on his 3DS, we now have true confirmation that the NNIDs are cross platform and that games are tied to them :)

With this, and the guy on GAF who deleted his NNID via his Wii U (he ignored the warnings and thought he was just removing it) who lost everything that was on his 3DS, we now have true confirmation that the NNIDs are cross platform and that games are tied to them :)

We've known that since the NNIDs first launched on Wii U, that's not new news.

What people are complaining about when they claim "no account system" is that they want to be able to re-download their games across multiple devices without having do a System Transfer with both consoles present (they also want to be able to share their games across multiple devices and have both copies playable at the same time, like you can on iPhone/iPad or on Sony's consoles/handhelds)

Also Wii U still lacks a System Transfer function...

But can I play Super Mario Kart on my 3DS now?

If not... meh. :heh:

3DS isn't powerful enough to accurately emulate SNES games, it seems

We've known that since the NNIDs first launched on Wii U, that's not new news.

What people are complaining about when they claim "no account system" is that they want to be able to re-download their games across multiple devices without having do a System Transfer with both consoles present (they also want to be able to share their games across multiple devices and have both copies playable at the same time, like you can on iPhone/iPad or on Sony's consoles/handhelds)

Also Wii U still lacks a System Transfer function...

You'd be surprised. I have seen people, just last week, adamant that this wasn't the case. Now, we have complete 100% proof.

Yes, they need to allow you to use your NNID on other consoles, I agree, but that isn't what many have been complaining about, or if they are, then from the way they have worded their complaints, they don't actually know what they are on about.

... cough...

It's been there since day 1... Developers can choose to make use of however they wish...

You're right in that regard; I am meaning buy VC on WiiU and get it on 3DS kinda thing. Cross-platform purchases would be a better description but it's only - christ, it's later than I thought... I'm tired... Leave me alone... ::shrug:

Hopefully they can use this feature and VC can become buy on one platform, play both (roll out cloud saves, guys).

He lost everything for good though right?

He lost everything for good though right?

Yep, on both 3DS and Wii U, because he selected to delete the Nintendo Network ID via the Wii U and ignored the multiple warnings about what would happen.

What good is having games tied to your NNID if they make it so simple to destroy everything you've purchased. Lose your 3DS, lose your NNID forever (at least from 3DS use) because you can never activate that same NNID on another system without the original system right there with you.

To clarify, do we now have the same system that we have on apple devices? So everything is synched to an account? I.e. if my Wii U breaks/gets stolen, will I be able to download everything back for free on my next Wii U?

To clarify, do we now have the same system that we have on apple devices? So everything is synched to an account? I.e. if my Wii U breaks/gets stolen, will I be able to download everything back for free on my next Wii U?

No, we most definitely do not have such a system yet.

It's more than powerful enough to accurately emulate SNES games to the level that 99.9+% of potential purchasers would be more than happy with.

It's getting there.

Nintendo can do that for you, we just can't do it ourselves

It's more than powerful enough to accurately emulate SNES games to the level that 99.9+% of potential purchasers would be more than happy with.

Ahahahahahahaha no.

The 3DS's CPU is not powerful enough to handle it.

Read this: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/08/accuracy-takes-power-one-mans-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/

hahahahahahaha no.

The 3DS's CPU is not powerful enough to handle it.

Read this: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/08/accuracy-takes-power-one-mans-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/

Accuracy takes power: one man’s 3GHz quest to build a perfect SNES emulator

That one word renders the entire article pointless to my statement.

Out of interest, can you remove your NNID from your Wii U without deleting it?

That one word renders the entire article pointless to my statement.

Out of interest, can you remove your NNID from your Wii U without deleting it?

If it was at a level of emulation that Nintendo was comfortable with, then they would have released it now, but they haven't, so it's not. End of.

And yes, format your Wii U and it's done.

It's getting there.

Nintendo can do that for you, we just can't do it ourselves

It'd be great if this was true. Last I read Nintendo's response from the American forums, it was that there is "no way for Nintendo to unlink NNID from 3DS systems remotely" in case you lost your 3DS with your NNID linked to it. If the situation is changed then that's great but would be nice to have a source.

Also, if you format your Wii U and log back in with your old NNID, can you redownload your purchases? What if you format your Wii U and sell it, and then buy a new Wii U console, can you get your games back? I don't think so.

Am I understanding this correctly? It's essentially a marketing boon rather than really a change in approach? It's not cross-buy or anything... but a positive step anyway :)

If it was at a level of emulation that Nintendo was comfortable with, then they would have released it now, but they haven't, so it's not. End of.

Yes, Nintendo. Not the people who want to buy and play the games. Personally, I don't give a damn about what Nintendo want from emulation, and I hope their shareholders can convince them to change their minds. They did release GBA games without multiplayer, so they are willing to release imperfect VC games.

And yes, format your Wii U and it's done.

So the situation with digital games is currently worse than it was when the Wii was first released (or when we had the Wii and DSi), as you can now lose games on two consoles instead of just one?

You'd be surprised. I have seen people, just last week, adamant that this wasn't the case. Now, we have complete 100% proof.

Yes, they need to allow you to use your NNID on other consoles, I agree, but that isn't what many have been complaining about, or if they are, then from the way they have worded their complaints, they don't actually know what they are on about.

News to me. The biggest complaint has always been in regard to the lack of true account system which isnt tied to a specific piece of hardware.

A NNID shared across multiple platforms still doesnt address the issue of if I lose or break my 3DS I lose all the digital content purchased. To have a slim chance of getting it back I have to jump though hoops.

When they finally get rid of the current archaic account system and replace it with a modern system then the complaints will stop.

Yes, Nintendo. Not the people who want to buy and play the games. Personally, I don't give a damn about what Nintendo want from emulation, and I hope their shareholders can convince them to change their minds. They did release GBA games without multiplayer, so they are willing to release imperfect VC games.

There's imperfect in missing features, and then there's imperfect in releasing buggy releases. Nintendo are not EA.

And my pencil is better than yours.

Seriously?! That's your argument?! Nintendo are well versed in trickle feeding stuff to us; it is just as likely that Nintendo are holding back.

Isn't GBA more superior tech to SNES? GBA games appear on 3DS, could that mean SNES games could run? Maybe? Could you be wrong? Who knows.

while for someone like me who had Pullblox and Fallblox on a lost 3DS, I get no cross console promotion as Nintendo's pathetic attempt at creating accounts means I lost all my games and cannot get them back.

I have to pay for pullblox and fallblox again just to play them on 3DS.

this news is nothing to shout about. Still way behind there competitors.

Edited by khilafah

Sign in to follow this