NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

I think at this stage it would be time to release card type amiibo. much cheaper, actually mass produced. Maybe make the first wave seem just as rare so the scalper bastards buy 1000's of the things, then flood the market so the scalpers are stuck with hundreds of cards they don't want and they can't sell.

Nintendo have enough characters for smash that they could sell a pack of smash playing cards.

Cheaper card amiibos would solve a lot of problems. Nintendo have said they're working on that, probably see a release by the end of the year to coincide with the Animal Crossing ones.

Releasing them too early wold devalue the figurine amiibos so I'm not surprised they're waiting a little while.

No, let's rewind as something has clearly gone over your head here.

Nobody is saying amiibo should not unlock any content. I am saying that they should not unlock some of the content they currently do. That is, having on-disc content tied to amiibo. Whatever functionality they would get instead (app compatibility, amiibo-specific games) does not bother me as I have no interest in them.

And you are saying that removing this one feature would remove their worth and ruin them, even after admitting the real reason for their success. Ridiculous.

For one, people in this very thread have said it.

Second, again, the content wouldn't exist if not for amiibo.

Personally I want as much content as possible tied to amiibo, considering I'm getting all of them anyways. And it's a joy to scan them in to unlock new stuff, be it on-disc from day one or added through later patches. :)

...I fully expect no one ever to share my opinion on this matter. :P

The angry video game nerd swearing every ten seconds thing on YouTube is pretty pathetic IMO,

Whilst I really don't like The AVGN, I do find calling something pathetic in a thread where we're arguing about toys somewhat funny.

I personally don't mind Amiibo that much. I can take them or leave them. I guess its easier for me to see them as just figures since I don't actually have a WiiU, so I'm not affected by the extra content.

Releasing them too early wold devalue the figurine amiibos so I'm not surprised they're waiting a little while.

Weren't people in here saying that the value came from the figure itself and the content that is unlocked is just a nice bonus?

I personally don't mind Amiibo that much. I can take them or leave them. I guess its easier for me to see them as just figures since I don't actually have a WiiU, so I'm not affected by the extra content.

Weren't people in here saying that the value came from the figure itself and the content that is unlocked is just a nice bonus?

I think amiibo represent a figure and content.

I'm not so keen on the splatoon figurines because I don't really care for them... so personally the content has to justify the cost... I'm not really seeing enough content to justify a purchase but it makes it a bit frustrating because I would like to unlock the splatoon content.. just not for the amount the 3 figurines would set me back.

really splatoon for me is the first time I would have wanted the amiibo for content rather than the figurine, upto this point content has fallen into the nice but passable category. Splatoon falls a lot closer to content I will miss if I don't get it.

Personally I want as much content as possible tied to amiibo, considering I'm getting all of them anyways. And it's a joy to scan them in to unlock new stuff, be it on-disc from day one or added through later patches. :)

...I fully expect no one ever to share my opinion on this matter. :P

Not necessarily.

While I wouldn't want anything substantial behind Amiibo, there is something enjoyable about scanning an Amiibo (and then getting a single Rupee on Hyrule Warriors)

If anybody wanted the silver mario amiibo, you can currently order it from amazon.com for $12.99, which ends up being just under £13 including postage if you use their currency conversion.

Where's Dedede and Shulk in that restock? I need those two for my complete collection.

Where's Dedede and Shulk in that restock? I need those two for my complete collection.

Waiting for Dedede to come back has consumed my life, the only one I really want!

Does any one have a Meta Knight amiibo that looks a bit tatty (possibly "battle worn") ? They have one in my local game but it looks beat up frankly! And seem to be conflicting reports from googling it as to whether it's intentional or a design fault on some of them!

Shulk's most recent production run seemed to be registered at CPSIA on May 1st so it'll likely be seen around August. Dedede hasn't had one since January

Edited by Serebii

Waiting for Dedede to come back has consumed my life, the only one I really want!

Does any one have a Meta Knight amiibo that looks a bit tatty (possibly "battle worn") ? They have one in my local game but it looks beat up frankly! And seem to be conflicting reports from googling it as to whether it's intentional or a design fault on some of them!

I got a "battle worn" MK. I really don't care which way he is supposed to be. He looks cool either way. I say buy him.

Amazing idea for Game & Watch.

So many people are gonna customise those Mii fighters, wow. Be great if there was a way to order Mii heads from Nintendo at some point to fit onto 'em. Wonder if they'll be our first 3-pack in Europe.

Knew it was happening but

Japan

CHeDgqQW8AARdq5.png

Europe/NA

CHeDgkfWUAE0lC4.jpg

I may import the Japanese one

I have to have both. It's not even a collection anymore, it's an obsession.

Damn.

Reckon I'm gonna try to import the Japanese version of R.O.B. too, so much nicer. :awesome:

Anyone with experience of importing amiibo care to recommend a good site to order form, are Play-Asia still good? :hmm:

Damn.

Reckon I'm gonna try to import the Japanese version of R.O.B. too, so much nicer. :awesome:

Anyone with experience of importing amiibo care to recommend a good site to order form, are Play-Asia still good? :hmm:

For the couple I did import, I just used Ebay. They arrived quickly and we're just over £20.