NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

How dare Nintendo schedule a release when you are away! What a fuck up!

As Wii said, you have to be there on release day to stand a chance of getting these. Yesterday was just another example of the mess. People missed out because they weren't on the Internet at the exact time the preorders went up. Fourty minutes later and they were gone.

I think David's issue is not that they are releasing when he's away but more that you have to be there day 1 or you are forced to hit ebay.

Or just get them from somewhere else like Argos, Game, ShopTo, or wait until they restock them. I missed out on Rosalina day 1 but got it a month or two later when the Nintendo store restocked them.

Or just get them from somewhere else like Argos, Game, ShopTo, or wait until they restock them.

I'm missing Shulk, Little Mac, Meta Knight and Dedede. Recently I was missing most of the latest wave. All the retailers had none of these in stock, some didn't even get ANY stock. Little Mac came out in December and hasn't been restocked since.

You could play the waiting game but due to Nintendos silence and mixed messaging you have no idea what ones will get a reprint. This means you could wait and wait and in the mean time the prices go further and further up from 3rd party sellers.

I know there's a manufacturing problem and their supply doesn't meet demand, it's all this thread talks about. My issue was the suggestion that if you don't get an original release you won't get it. That's just not true.

It's a shame, as I'd prefer to be talking about how awesome amiibo are and chat about how they'll be used in Star Fox, and Mario Maker, and what dream uses we'd like to see. Or dream waves. But it is clearly a huge problem, gone past tipping point and now becoming really irritating. I wonder if we'll have to wait until smash bros wave is fully complete for it to be rectified...

But then are the mario amiibo sold out? Splatoon? If so then it's not promising...

As Wii said, you have to be there on release day to stand a chance of getting these. Yesterday was just another example of the mess. People missed out because they weren't on the Internet at the exact time the preorders went up. Fourty minutes later and they were gone.

And as others have said, they probably only lasted 40 minutes because they caught everybody unawares.

I know there's a manufacturing problem and their supply doesn't meet demand, it's all this thread talks about. My issue was the suggestion that if you don't get an original release you won't get it. That's just not true.

How do you know if there are manufacturing issues? The other week you suggested they are holding back to keep demand high. Which is it? If anything the manufacturing should be a lot faster than what the original releases were due to the molds being in place the procedure being ran before.

Not any of us on here know which ones will get a reprint so saying that you will be able to get them after launch day is as much speculation as saying that you won't. Again, none of us on here know the facts with what really is going on with these things.

Of course it's false to say that if you don't get them Day 1, you won't get them at all. But you'll have to be bloody lucky. Hell, you need to be lucky enough to get them the first day.

You can't deny that they've under produced these figures and it's making customers unhappy. They aren't even really available to who they really should be targeted towards - kids. Only the luckiest of collectors, or those with the most money, are getting the amiibo they want.

And as others have said, they probably only lasted 40 minutes because they caught everybody unawares.

Isn't it great that they're so popular though? Well done Iwata and Nintendo for introducing such a hot seller, eh?

Isn't it great that they're so popular though? Well done Iwata and Nintendo for introducing such a hot seller, eh?

Or for producing about 5.

In other news, my Amiibo from EBAY arrived just now. This has now finished the previous wave off for me.

image_zps8jhrfzrt.jpg

The opened collection is nearly caught up now.

image_zpsbyanyflf.jpg

Of course it's false to say that if you don't get them Day 1, you won't get them at all. But you'll have to be bloody lucky. Hell, you need to be lucky enough to get them the first day.

You can't deny that they've under produced these figures and it's making customers unhappy. They aren't even really available to who they really should be targeted towards - kids. Only the luckiest of collectors, or those with the most money, are getting the amiibo they want.

I didn't mean you wouldn't get them ever. I meant you wouldn't get whatever's being released that day. That should have been obvious. I'm not referring to you as you weren't the troll calling me a liar and nitpicking everything I write.

Pac-Man looks great, I managed to pick one up on release, but still looking for another to actually open!

I didn't mean you wouldn't get them ever.

Hmmm ......

Well in fairness if you don't get them on the day of release you won't get them at all

I didn't mean you wouldn't get them ever. I meant you wouldn't get whatever's being released that day. That should have been obvious. I'm not referring to you as you weren't the troll calling me a liar and nitpicking everything I write.

I was basically agreeing with you, just putting it in a way that Ronnie couldn't argue back against :D

There's no way I would call amiibo a success until they are actually well stocked in shops and selling from the shelves to a wide audience. Selling a small amount to collectors is not a success.

Hmmm ......

Stop being pedantic.

I'm pretty sure Rummy told you to stop quoting him as well. As I said to you the other day, why are you even doing this? The reason you quote someone is to engage them in conversation but the both of you have been told before that you need to stop doing this because quite frankly you guys don't play nice. All you're doing is kicking the hornets nest.

He accuses someone of being a liar every couple of hours, then hypocritically comes out with a comment that were the shoe on the other foot he would have no problem pouncing on and tearing apart. He does it to Serebii all the time and as usual never gets criticised for it.

He hates amiibo and yet is in here all the time stirring. Just winds me up that's all.

Well it's been suggested to you several times to put him on your ignore list, but you obviously would rather see Wii's posts so that you can continue this little things you've got going. Everyone else on the forum seems capable of glossing over any of Wii's comments that come off a bit extreme. As far as I'm concerned it's just his character on the boards.

Amiibo display stand on Amazon US:

51IdPY%2BHBYL.jpg

Could look cool with the Mario series amiibo.

Also, they have to re-release Link with a clear stand! what were they thinking!?

I'll try harder to brush off his comments

You need to quit it completely Ronnie. This isn't just from me - I see people repeatedly telling you it's irksome(and despite me telling you in the E3 thread...you essentially did it just hours later), and we're getting complaints about it too.

Just stop it. I'm going to start with thread bans every time I see it from you, and I'm looking to get you temporarily banned from the board too. I do NOT want to have you or anyone else here permabanned, but you seriously need to sort yourself out or that's what's going to happen. Whatever your bizarre vendetta against Wii(who I've confirmed DOES have you on his ignore list btw) - just drop it.

They're gone at GAME already.

Nah, they are still there on the mobile version of the site. They have yet to be put up on the desktop version. They must be working their way through the system now.