NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Lasting ~45 minutes as opposed to 45 seconds is surely evidence of an increase in stock though :p

Lasting ~45 minutes as opposed to 45 seconds is surely evidence of an increase in stock though :p

That's one possibility.

Or maybe no-one was ready. Or the "One per person" rule is having some effect.

Son of a bitch! Been ill and in bed all day. Looks like this is another wave I'll be buying off ebay!

You could honestly replace 'football' with 'amiibo' in this video. :heh:

I don't get it. I know it's supposed to be funny. But I don't get it.

Son of a bitch! Been ill and in bed all day. Looks like this is another wave I'll be buying off ebay!

No. Have patience! They'll restock them.

These three look amazing! I managed to get them.

I don't get it. I know it's supposed to be funny. But I don't get it.

I guess it's more funny if you're not a fan of Football.

Think about what he's saying, without the context of how important football is, what he's saying is completely overhyped.

Because that's pretty much what it looks like to us non-fans.

I mean, quite a lot of British comedies like to lampoon our obsession with the game.

Edited by Glen-i

No. Have patience! They'll restock them.

People said the same with Little Mac and instead of getting him for £20 I now have to pay around £40-50. I've bought the best part of the last wave off ebay.

There's still Shopto, Argos and GAME to use. They haven't put preorders for this wave yet. I've also got an extra set of the next waves preordered to sell on and fund or trade for the ones I'm still missing.

Sad that it had to come to this but I'm past being moral at this point.

Interestingly, Shopto have preorders for Meta Knight and Dedede back up. Slammed one in to see what happens as I still need a boxed version of those two.

I guess it's more funny if you're not a fan of Football.

Because that's pretty much what it looks like to us non-fans.

I mean, quite a lot of British comedies like to lampoon our obsession with the game.

And people find this funny...? Fair enough.

Anyways - AMIIBO!

People said the same with Little Mac and instead of getting him for £20 I now have to pay around £40-50. I've bought the best part of the last wave off ebay.

There's still Shopto, Argos and GAME to use. They haven't put preorders for this wave yet. I've also got an extra set of the next waves preordered to sell on and fund or trade for the ones I'm still missing.

Sad that it had to come to this but I'm past being moral at this point.

Interestingly, Shopto have preorders for Meta Knight and Dedede back up. Slammed one in to see what happens as I still need a boxed version of those two.

I think if you're selling them at a high price to buy others at a high price, then it's perfectly fine!

Find the whole thing fascinating. Wonder when it'll sort itself out. Can't wait to see what star fox ones are like :)

And people find this funny...? Fair enough.

Anyways - AMIIBO!

Did you seriously imply that Father Ted is not funny?

father-ted-doogle-looking-shocked-confused-1358421227x.gif

I... don't know what to think anymore.

I don't even know what thread this is but...I thought Father Ted was universally adored? I don't know what to think anymore.

Ha, not dissing it as such. Just saying that really was not funny. Slightly sexist too :)

Managed to order all three. I think the real reason they lasted slightly longer this time is because it wasn't announced in advance.

I wish I understood football so I could understand this joke.

It is a joke, right?

I wish I understood football so I could understand this joke.

It is a joke, right?

But that's the thing, it supposed to be funny for people who DON'T like football.

The one day i'm too busy at work to check the site they release Bowser Jr and he's gone in 45 min

god damn amiibo! it might have been an improvement but its not much of an improvement

Was at work when they went up, but thanks to pushbullet and notifications I have set up, I managed to get them three preordered from the Nintendo store.

Also put in orders on ShopTo for Dedede and MK, they say Back Order and no date when they expect them, it's worth a shot. Still need to find a decent priced Shulk.

Do we know the date Dr Mario, Olimar and Bowser Jr actually release?

Nintendo will announce it 30 minutes before they go on sale. ;)

But seriously, it's July 17th.

Instead of releasing them by wave, Nintendo has decided to release Palutena and Dark Pit from Wave 5 along with Gandorf and Zero Suit Samus from Wave 6 on June 26 in Europe. These will be followed by Olimar, Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario on July 17.

https://www.pixeldynamo.com/news/gaming/2015/05/13/63831/nintendo-europe-announces-next-amiibo-wave-release-dates/

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Fuck sake. I'm away. Nintendo's been nothing short of a total fuck up with amiibo, starting to regret getting involved.

Fuck sake. I'm away. Nintendo's been nothing short of a total fuck up with amiibo, starting to regret getting involved.

How dare Nintendo schedule a release when you are away! What a fuck up!

Well in fairness if you don't get them on the day of release you won't get them at all(unless you want to get fleeced on Ebay). Skylanders and Infinity figures as far as I see don't have this problem. They're wall to wall and in some shops take up more space than games. It may be in part that Nintendo are releasing them in rations to keep demand up but I'd be more inclined to think that with the way Nintendo's profits or lack of more accurately have been for the past few years that they didn't want surplus stock on shelves wasting money.

Well in fairness if you don't get them on the day of release you won't get them at all

Absolute rubbish. Please stop lying.