NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Looks like the silver and gold Mario amiibo will be making it outside of America. Nintendo Australia have announced them as retailer exclusives.

Two new amiibo are coming to Australia and New Zealand, with Mario – Silver Edition amiibo and Mario – Gold Edition amiibo set to arrive in the coming months in limited quantities. Mario – Silver Edition amiibo will be available exclusive to EB Games launching 30th May, and Mario – Gold Edition amiibo will be exclusive to Target stores with more details to be announced soon – both figures will have a suggested retail price of AU$17.95.

source

A limited number of copies of Code Name S.T.E.A.M. are now available along with select Fire Emblem amiibo – each of which unlocks a character to play in the game.

CFCtNR5WgAAZX6f.jpg

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-3ds/code-name-steam.list?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=amiibo&utm_campaign=codenamesteam

Interesting... So amiibo that are sold out in the amiibo section of the Nintendo Store, suddenly aren't sold out if you buy 'em with Code Name S.T.E.A.M., ey? ;):heh:

Interesting... So amiibo that are sold out in the amiibo section of the Nintendo Store, suddenly aren't sold out if you buy 'em with Code Name S.T.E.A.M., ey? ;):heh:

Yeah, nasty business this, especially as I still need another Robin and Lucina.

Yeah, nasty business this, especially as I still need another Robin and Lucina.

Another? Some people can't get even 1 and you want ANOTHER? First world problems, eh? :heh:

it's not a terrible business model though, at least scalpers need to buy a copy of the game too, so it supports game development, and means they virtually increase shelf space (on ebay) for the game. If they protect amiibo like that a bit more it will reduce scalping. Of course I see how it sucks for collectors and completionists too.

Amiibo News: Villager Reprint Comparison: Unboxing and General Impressions

The reprint I think definitely looks better. They may change up some of the other characters. Marth we know they've already improved as well. Who needs platic surgery most now? Peach?

In the above Youtube pic which is the new version? I hope it's the one on the left.

In the above Youtube pic which is the new version? I hope it's the one on the left.

It is the one on the left

it's not a terrible business model though, at least scalpers need to buy a copy of the game too, so it supports game development, and means they virtually increase shelf space (on ebay) for the game. If they protect amiibo like that a bit more it will reduce scalping. Of course I see how it sucks for collectors and completionists too.

That didn't stop them. They're all sold out.

North America is getting a restock of many amiibo, including Marth, Meta Knight and Ike over the next few days

https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/photos/a.120520318032430.30157.119240841493711/831459960271792/?type=1&theater

Heads up! Marth and a few other amiibo like Meta Knight and Ike will be hitting shelves in limited quantities over the next few days.

For more information on timing and availability, be sure to visit your local retail stores or check out their websites.

Great, now start restocking Rosalina, Ness and Lucina in Europe :yay:

(I know there are more figures in need of a restock, but those are the ones I missed out on)

Just a heads-up, I registered for stock alerts on Little Mac for Tesco Direct and they got some in at 7am this morning, all gone now of course - only just got up - but I just thought it would be of interest to anyone still after him, @Hero\-of\-Time perhaps?

For what it's worth, had I managed to get any I was planning on offering them up on here for Nintendo's retail price (£10.99) plus postage but alas, it was not to be... :( I've registered for stock alerts again though just in case any more come in, but potential restocks after nothing for months has got to be a good sign. : peace:

Just a heads-up, I registered for stock alerts on Little Mac for Tesco Direct and they got some in at 7am this morning, all gone now of course - only just got up - but I just thought it would be of interest to anyone still after him, @Hero\-of\-Time perhaps?

For what it's worth, had I managed to get any I was planning on offering them up on here for Nintendo's retail price (£10.99) plus postage but alas, it was not to be... :( I've registered for stock alerts again though just in case any more come in, but potential restocks after nothing for months has got to be a good sign. : peace:

What a joke. I registered for stock alerts for him ages ago and got no such message. I was up at half 6 this morning as well!

Picked up a new design Villager in Japan yesterday. So happy to have a figure that finally resembles the character art. Also makes the original a lot more desirable for the alt. paint application.

amiibo Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario and Olimar - Pre-order Now! Plus FREE Case when buy 3 selected amiibo!‏

@Hero\-of\-Time @yesteryeargames @EVERYONE!

Buy! Buy! Buy!

The free case code doesn't work with the new amiibo.

25 minutes and they're still up for pre-order. Either they've sorted their stock issues out, or there are going to be a lot of disappointed people.

And so the crazy Amiibo dance begins anew.

When will it end? None have the faintest clue.

There'll be joy and disappointment, but one things for certain.

That F5 button won't last longer than a shut-in's curtain.

25 minutes and they're still up for pre-order. Either they've sorted their stock issues out, or there are going to be a lot of disappointed people.

Did they not give out advanced warning this time? I've just found out about this.

Did they not give out advanced warning this time? I've just found out about this.

Nope. It was so sudden even I was late.

And so the crazy Amiibo dance begins anew.

When will it end? None have the faintest clue.

There'll be joy and disappointment, but one things for certain.

That F5 button won't last longer than a shut-in's curtain.

You could honestly replace 'football' with 'amiibo' in this video. :heh:

You could honestly replace 'football' with 'amiibo' in this video. :heh:

God, I love that show!

You'd have to replace some of the football clubs with the various amiibo's, but yeah, that's pretty spot on.

Aaand it's gone

Oh well, so much for the stock issues.

That was fun.

Ye will never lurn!

Debt-Management-a-way-out-of-the-endless-maze.jpg

There is no end and no escape! Mwahahaha!

Edited by Wii