NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Yeah, Wario is on Friday

Someone on a group I'm in says they called ShopTo and they said it's due to extra packaging required

Better be some fancy, cushioned packaging and hand delivered then to justify that price hike.

Perhaps they are doing them per figure, Wario & Charizard first for processing followed by Robin & Lucina then finally Ness & Pac-Man.

They should all still be posted together though... I would have thought.

Perhaps they are doing them per figure, Wario & Charizard first for processing followed by Robin & Lucina then finally Ness & Pac-Man.

They should all still be posted together though... I would have thought.

Yeah, my Wario has shipped but not my Charizard. They've taken the money though and it's listed as processing

Yeah, my Wario has shipped but not my Charizard. They've taken the money though and it's listed as processing

Perhaps they decided to make a start in processing them late in the day today and the rest will follow suit first-thing tomorrow.

Edit - Pac-Man has joined the fight! (for remaining space in the postman's bag/back of delivery vehicle)

Am I psychic? Ness has 'thought' his way into the package.

Edited by S.C.G

Add Lucina and Robin and that makes a complete set, hopefully they are all being dispatched at the same time. :)

Hmm I would check with Nintendo if you haven't had the other confirmation e-mails by tomorrow morning Serebii, that is a bit concerning.

I had a nightmare with my game order. They re did the order but it hasn't gone through yet....

Was hoping to have had my Charizard ship by now, but it hasn't.

This is a joke, I was among the first to order the bloody thing. Screw you, The Hut Group.

Was hoping to have had my Charizard ship by now, but it hasn't.

This is a joke, I was among the first to order the bloody thing. Screw you, The Hut Group.

Weird, mine shipped yesterday with the rest of my order.

Weird, mine shipped yesterday with the rest of my order.

Exactly, which is why I'm worried.

A couple of friends are in the same situation as me. I ordered as soon as they went up so it's not fair. They've taken the money and it went through Awaiting stock pick and Awaiting Dispatch to now "Processing"

Thank you for your recent order. We're pleased to confirm that your items have now been despatched and will be with you shortly.

Never mind :D

Individual Yoshi amiibo price is £13.99 RRP

Nintendo UK are sold out already (sorry guys, I was out). Got the standard green bundle, but it's a few quid more expensive than ShopTo. Don't know if I'll keep it or not

Anyone get their amiibo from the Nintendo Store today? No Wario for me.

Na. NUK tend to be 2 day from dispatch to delivery for me

Okay, so my ongoing farce with Game is, well, ongoing, it's been canceled 3 times. Barclays don't know why, verified by visa don't know why, and game are blaming barclays... ARGH!!! It's going through again for the 4th time tonight, let's see what happens....

If i lose these amiibo I will not be happy!!

Tales of More Super Smash Bros. amiibo Pre-Order Woes and Cancellations Emerge

ShopTo among the offending retailers

While the release of wave four Super Smash Bros. amiibo is due in May for North America, the latest toys are set to arrive this week in Europe. Not that they'll be gracing store shelves, of course, as pre-orders sold out a long time ago, in many cases within hours of going live.

Unfortunately we've had multiple readers get in touch to state that pre-orders they believed to be secure and in place have fallen through, with retailers making a mess of dealing with orders.

ShopTo is a notable offender: Darren Kerwin - who some may know from his work on the Harmony of Heroes music album - got in touch to say that his Ness amiibo was 'despatched', but then cancelled nearly a day later. That makes Darren's chances of securing a Ness pretty hopeless, while ShopTo has had the audacity to put the price up on the out-of-stock item that it's failed to deliver to pre-order customers, apparently to "ensure safe delivery" for those that manage to order future stock. Apologies were given, but no credit or compensation beyond the basic refund.

Another reader, Ryan Craddock, has had difficulties of his own. He jumped on improbably inexpensive deals for the upcoming green 'yarn' Yoshi, which was then cancelled by Zavvi. Back to ShopTo and this week's wave 4 figures, Lucina and Robin orders were cancelled yesterday - with an advisor stating they'd actually been out of stock for over a month and orders shouldn't have been taken. As for Ryan's Ness order from ShopTo? Same deal as with Darren, cancelled today after a despatch notice was issued. ShopTo had apparently been running a promise, too, that if for ANY reason the Ness order didn't arrive there'd be £5 compensation. As with Darren Kerwin, this isn't being honoured.

We apologise for this issue but unfortunately we are unable to supply these items, we are unable to offer the release date compensate[sic] as this is only eligible if the orders are handed over to the postal service.

The Nintendo UK Official Store has had problems, too, with recent pre-orders for Jigglypuff and Greninja. Reader James thought he'd successfully pre-ordered them after jumping online at the relevant time - the store had warned consumers when they'd be available. Yet the next day he received an email advising him that due to demand his pre-order wouldn't be met, offering priority on the next four figures going on pre-order that day as an apology; the problem? The email arrived 25 minutes after the next batch had gone up on the store, and were sold out before this 'priority' could be taken. Apologies were offered, naturally, but it's obviously frustrating for the amiibo fans concerned.

A number of you contacted us after we put the call out on Twitter, re-affirming that these problems affect multiple retailers regardless of territory, with examples such as Amazon cancellations being given. With rare figures, the problems are the same as they have been for a while.

It's no surprise that figures such as Ness are proving troublesome, though ShopTo did arguably descend to a new level of farce in triggering their systems to send despatch emails, only to cancel the orders the next day.

Are you hopeful of receiving your current pre-ordered amiibo, or fearing the worst? Share your tales of amiibo collecting challenges below, and you can also check out this amiibo song from Ryan Craddock, one of our unfortunate collectors mentioned above.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/04/tales_of_more_super_smash_bros_amiibo_pre-order_woes_and_cancellations_emerge

Edited by Wii

I've been really lucky with amiibo so far, but I'm sure I'll find myself in a world of chaos before long. It seems inevitable with these goddamn things.

amiibo Touch & Play: Nintendo Classics Highlights comes to #WiiU as a free download from 30/04!

CDR0O_AW8AEIHJD.jpg

"amiibo Touch & Play: Nintendo Classics Highlights"

Catchy title.

Makes me wonder if there are other games planned in the 'amiibo Touch & Play' series.

Got my first wave 4 through today, Pac Man. I have Robin on the way from Nintendo Store, Wario and Charizard from Amazon on the way. And I should have Ness and Lucina from CoolShop coming too. First time I've (hopefully) got all of a wave on release.

Here’s the complete list of titles available in amiibo Touch & Play: Nintendo Classics:-

NES

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA version)

Super Mario Bros. 3

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels

Kirby’s Adventure

The Legend of Zelda

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Metroid

Yoshi

Dr. Mario

Punchout!!

Mach Rider

Excitebike

Ice Climbers

Kid Icarus

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr.

Balloon Fight

Wrecking Crew

Pinball

Clu Clu Land

Wario’s Woods

Super Nintendo

Super Mario World

Super Mario Kart

F-Zero

Kirby’s Dreamland 3

Kirby’s Super Star

Kirby’s Dream Course

Super Metroid

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

It's the Japanese list but there shouldn't be much difference if any.

3 minute demos, though there are 8 different "scenes" from each game.

Game is randomly assigned, 1 amiibo unlocks 1 specific game, and then it's locked to that particular figure. If you have 10 amiibo you'll get 10 different games, no duplicates.

Pretty good system tbf

Nintendo pledges more stock after Amiibo 'smashes' expectations

Nintendo has admitted that the popularity of its Amiibo range took the platform holder by surprise.

The toys-to-life products are sold out at most UK retailers, with pre-orders of new models being snapped up in minutes.

Some retailers have even raised the price of the models to capitalise on their popularity.

“Right from the outset we hoped that Amiibo would be strong, but even our expectations have been smashed,” said James Honeywell, head of consumer marketing at Nintendo UK. “With a unique line-up of iconic characters that are loved by so many people, it really has been unprecedented.

“We hope to do a better job of satisfying these needs in the future with more stock, and, while there are always going to be some times when we can’t on certain characters, I suspect that is also part of the appeal.

“What we hadn’t anticipated was the number of collectors wanting to get them all – this has seen demand exceed supply in some areas. Although, if you search around, you can still find some of the more hard-to-find Amiibo sitting on shelves.”

Nintendo now hopes to win over a larger number of younger fans with Amiibo.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/nintendo-pledges-more-stock-after-amiibo-smashes-expectations/

If you have 10 amiibo you'll get 10 different games, no duplicates.

But what'll happen if I scan more amiibos than the amount of available games, then? O:

There's only 30 games on that list, and I already have 35 amiibos (and getting six more tomorrow)... Wonder if anything special will happen at all.

Worrying him saying about certain characters they won't be able to restock. That's part of the appeal.... NO IT ISN'T!!! The appeal is actually owning the things!!!!

My game nightmare continues AGAIN. 6th order gone through, they've admitted the problem is with them and they have quite a lot of people who keep getting their orders canceled! ARGH!!!