NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Zavvi has the pink yarn Yoshi up for preorder at £15.99. Interestingly they had the new Smash amiibos for preorder at £10.99, so that could well be the Nintendo price given that both stores are run by the Hut.

The price Smyths are quoting is a place holder based on the standard amiibo price. They are not offering preorders, and the listing went up before stores were told allocations and pricing. Maybe they will honour it when they do go on sale, but that's a very shaky assumption as things stand.

@Cube These are indeed the squishy ones. :D

These are indeed the squishy ones. :D

Then I want one. I don't even care that it's an Amiibo.

Yeah, when they use it to unlock stuff, sure, but don't forget that amiibo aren't just for unlocking content.

What else are they used for? I don't actually know. We've only got the Pikachu, Mario and Link one here.

What else are they used for? I don't actually know. We've only got the Pikachu, Mario and Link one here.

They're used as AI that you can level up in Smash Bros. Nothing major, but something fun to do. Half the fun of it is how it's a figure (levelling up a random CPU would be dull, even though it's pretty much the same thing).

In Smash, you can train them up as custom fighters that work differently to the AI. They actually learn from you and adapt to your play style. Then, they are saved there.

Akin to that, Mario Party 10 uses them to save customisations

I'm sorry I posted that link to Smyths now.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-824/nintendo-amiibo/p-12291/nintendo-amiibo-yoshi-s-woolly-world-series-yoshi-blue/

Strange that I should post it and in less than a couple of hours they've changed their price. They've now gone up to €20. That's put me right off buying the blue one separately. Should have acted sooner, they don't take pre orders online but if I'd gone into the store they would have. Still have the green one as part of the bundle.

Even with the price hike they're still cheaper than GAME and Shopto.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/04/those_yoshis_woolly_world_yarn_amiibo_are_up_for_pre-order_in_the_uk_and_theyre_pricey

Love that sub headline. They've always got witty tags like that.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Nintendo clearly have something special on their hands here, for the people who love them I mean. And they are in danger of fucking it up. Nintendo need to be putting their arms tightly around their fans as much as possible, but they're doing all they can to push people further away.

And however much people on here defend their bonkers decisions from a aprons, subjective standpoint, just think of the broader scene, and see how much damage they are causing to themselves.

My concerns for it lie similarly, but I think they already have fucked up a lot. They could have gotten me right on board with them with smash alone if there was a decent availability, but due to the complete lack of them generally(and I was only lucky getting ToonLink, I thought he was out later!) I never bothered. There's still potential for them, and sure they might eventually all get restocked and sell - but I think a number of people will have given up having seen the effort and sometimes money needed to get particular ones.

Good stock of Smash+GC Adapters+Amiibo, would have done wonders for all three imo.

They're used as AI that you can level up in Smash Bros. Nothing major, but something fun to do. Half the fun of it is how it's a figure (levelling up a random CPU would be dull, even though it's pretty much the same thing).

In Smash, you can train them up as custom fighters that work differently to the AI. They actually learn from you and adapt to your play style. Then, they are saved there.

Akin to that, Mario Party 10 uses them to save customisations

That's cool. It makes sense to keep that kind of stuff to the Amiibo since it essentially functions like a memory card.

That's cool. It makes sense to keep that kind of stuff to the Amiibo since it essentially functions like a memory card.

It really is. My friend's amiibo has taken up his habit of taunting after every kill, and all mine have a habit of rolling like crazy

The next waves of amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. Collection will soon be available to pre-order from the ‪#‎NintendoUKStore‬! Make sure to check out the amiibo store hub from the times listed below to secure your order. http://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo.list

Wednesday 15th April from 3pm

Greninja & Jigglypuff

Thursday 16th April from 3pm

Dark Pit, Ganondorf, Palutena & Zero Suit Samus

@Hero\-of\-Time you may want to see this

For my Toon Link me and my friends all find him more challenging than the default CPUs at highest setting(though he essentially learnt from all of us so that could be why) and that's actually quite nice to have. Like...there's the CPUs who we can beat but the amiibo actually presents quite a challenge, kind of an extension of the AI and just giving that little bit extra out of the game. Only arguable shame is that it's limited to being that specific character, but that in addition to a cool link Tink figure isn't too shabby imo.

(on which note, I've realised he's in my pocket again)

It really is. My friend's amiibo has taken up his habit of taunting after every kill, and all mine have a habit of rolling like crazy

The next waves of amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. Collection will soon be available to pre-order from the ‪#‎NintendoUKStore‬! Make sure to check out the amiibo store hub from the times listed below to secure your order. http://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo.list

Wednesday 15th April from 3pm

Greninja & Jigglypuff

Thursday 16th April from 3pm

Dark Pit, Ganondorf, Palutena & Zero Suit Samus

@Hero\-of\-Time you may want to see this

Why can't they just put them all up for pre-order on the Wednesday? :blank:

Must you prolong the pre-order agony Nintendo? :indeed:

I'll be able to pre-order on the Wednesday no problem, as for Thursday, working so that means... no hope in hell.

I mean I already managed to pre-order via ShopTo but that's only because Nintendo hadn't put them up yet, I would have preferred to get them secured on Nintendo store and order there instead.

For my Toon Link me and my friends all find him more challenging than the default CPUs at highest setting(though he essentially learnt from all of us so that could be why) and that's actually quite nice to have. Like...there's the CPUs who we can beat but the amiibo actually presents quite a challenge, kind of an extension of the AI and just giving that little bit extra out of the game. Only arguable shame is that it's limited to being that specific character, but that in addition to a cool link Tink figure isn't too shabby imo.

(on which note, I've realised he's in my pocket again)

If you do come over Thursday, bring your amiibo, we'll tag team it up!!

Good to see them announcing exactly when pre-orders will go on sale.

Yeah, it's a good decision. Should have been something like 7am/7pm though to make it fair for people who work!

Good luck to those trying to buy :)

Liking these spaced out waves... Agh, how can I resist this latest set of troublesome bastards?

[tweet]588104236862406656[/tweet]

Now confirm more Shulk, Little Mac, Dedede, Rosalina and Meta Knight for the UK!

Now confirm more Shulk, Little Mac, Dedede, Rosalina and Meta Knight for the UK!

Fingers crossed.

Based on that, the US will likely get them in June

Hope the Nintendo Store doesn't collapse at 3pm when everyone tries to get on at once.

Hope the Nintendo Store doesn't collapse at 3pm when everyone tries to get on at once.

Probably will.

On one hand its great that they are telling people when they are going up but on the other hand it's going to cause a massive flood of orders at the same time. Just look how the exclusive Amiibos took down the Gamestop website over in the US the other day.

Probably will.

On one hand its great that they are telling people when they are going up but on the other hand it's going to cause a massive flood of orders at the same time. Just look how the exclusive Amiibos took down the Gamestop website over in the US the other day.

On the flipside, Nintendo UK doesn't ship internationally so we'll have less Americans putting extra load on it

On the flipside, Nintendo UK doesn't ship internationally so we'll have less Americans putting extra load on it

This, along with the 1 per customer policy, should help keep the stock going for a while.

This, along with the 1 per customer policy, should help keep the stock going for a while.

GAME still have some stock for the next waves