NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Given that we started off at £19.99 at Argos online and we're already down to just over £4, it's heading in the right direction at least. :p

Given how widely the prices are spread at the moment, it's likely they're still placeholders. If they can manage to get enough stock out there (a big if with amiibo) they should hopefully settle down. I can't see anyone getting away with charging £5+. I imagine we'll also see more bundle offers online, as there's the additional issue of free postage on such low value items. Hopefully places like WHSmiths and ToysRUs will have them instore and it will be possible to knock the price down with vouchers like I did with the Kid Icarus cards.

For now I've actually ordered a three pack from Game, as I can live with £4 a pack just to get some in case they're scarce. I won't be going for a full set at that price though.

Same here. I feel sorry for those that do, though. :(

Like you, I was thinking £3.00 a pack would be somewhat reasonable, but at £5.00-6.00, that's just insane, especially when you consider these are in blind packs of 3! I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take off over here.

Have a bad feeling about Pokémon amiibo cards in the future.

Totally importing 2 boxes from Japan

So the best price works out as about £1.45 a card :/ These cards better be magic :D But yeah, also glad I'm not interested in these. Possibly marketed at kids who won't necessarily complete the set but will still sink enough cash into it. Could also be over estimating demand after the figurines (or have restricted supply due to events in Japan). Hopefully prices will dip in the not to distant future.

Can import 3 packs + delivery cost from Japan for the price of a pack of one on Amazon.

Just saying.

It's actually £12.49 for three packs from Game, not £12.99, so about £1.39 a card. Pretty ridiculous for a (four?!) hundred card set, particularly given that you will get a lot of duplicates even if you're very lucky due to the disproportionate distribution of "special" cards.

I can't imagine these high prices will last. Let's see what Nintendo UK sell them for.

These are the kind of things that should be in every newsagents so the kids go "ooh, I want that", not on online sites.

These are the kind of things that should be in every newsagents so the kids go "ooh, I want that", not on online sites.

I reckon we'll see them in places like WH Smiths, I seem to recall them selling Kid Icarus cards and the binder as well, so there's no reason why places like that wouldn't be able to sell them if they are supplied in boxes of 36 packs or whatever the standard amount is these days for booster packs.

I can remember buying two boxes of Twilight Princess trading cards direct from an online supplier back in the day, cheapest way to buy them. :)

It's possible, but if there are stock shortages (like Japan), these online places will likely snap them up first.

However, Animal Crossing isn't anywhere near as popular, so we may be fine.

Japan sold over 312,000 Animal Crossing amiibo card packs in the first 4 days.

That means there's 936,000 Animal Crossing amiibo cards out there

Definitely passing on the AC cards. I'll get the AC figures tho!

FNUHRUj.jpg

Mewtwo amiibo has no mouth and he must scream!

EDIT: He has no nostrils either! Hopefully, artificially created Pokemon don't need to breathe!

Mewtwo is now available to order at GAME for £14.99. Hopefully with the stock issues easing it should be possible to get him cheaper, but thought it was still worth posting.

Edit: Modern colours 8 bit Mario is also available for the same price.

Edited by VsPhoenix

Just posted this in HH thread. You think this is tolerable? I think it's painfully expensive!! Staggeringly so actually.

I said more tolerable. ShopTo, Amazon and GAME were selling them at £6 a pack

How many are in each series of cards? Unfortunately I think they're just too pricey for them to gain any sort of popularity. 5 for £2.50 would seem a lot more reasonable, not that I'd buy them anyway.

How many are in each series of cards? Unfortunately I think they're just too pricey for them to gain any sort of popularity. 5 for £2.50 would seem a lot more reasonable, not that I'd buy them anyway.

100 in a series, 4 series. just over £465 if you want the whole collection and manage to get zero duplicates.

Anyone heard of this?

jpg

"Amiiqo"

A third party device, that can download and store data for any amiibo off the internet. It can hold data for up to 200, so is useful even if you just want to store the amiibo data you already own.

I really like the sound of that. It's expensive but rip-offs of the device will very likely pop up for cheaper, and would find a way to bypass the D1 DLC that we've seen already. Given a complete amiibo collection already costs several hundred pounds (and growing), it's a good alternative for people who just want the stuff and not the figures.

I wonder how legal it is. Is it even possible to steal NFC codes?

Surely it must be completely illegal, right? I mean, that pretty much sounds like the definition of piracy right there...