NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Also finding it odd that there is no sign of Steve/Alex double pack yet it is supposed to be released today. I've resorted to Amazon just to be sure to get one.

They're still pushing this grift? 😋

Jokes aside, is it just Smash they're releasing them for now? Used to be a time whereby every big Nintendo game had ones and it seems to have stopped as far as I can recall. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

They're still pushing this grift? 😋

Jokes aside, is it just Smash they're releasing them for now? Used to be a time whereby every big Nintendo game had ones and it seems to have stopped as far as I can recall. 

If Fire Emblem Engage doesn't have some, then yeah, it's probably done once the Smash ones are finished. (Jury is still out on whether Disney OK'd the Sora one though)

And Metroid, though that was a year or so ago now.

I imagine Zelda will get some too

Yeah I did think Zelda is probably likely to get some. Guess we'll find out soon because as someone on Twitter pointed out, that game is out in 149 days. 

For anyone still wanting the Smash ones, Nintendo Store finally put Sephiroth and Kazuya up. No idea whey they take a little longer now but got mine each for £12.99

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

For anyone still wanting the Smash ones, Nintendo Store finally put Sephiroth and Kazuya up. No idea whey they take a little longer now but got mine each for £12.99

Thanks! Found it strange that they’d promoted the release of the figures on Twitter, but didn’t have them on their own store.  Glad they got them up in the end.  Sounds like they’ve been snapped up in the few others places they were being sold at.

1 hour ago, WackerJr said:

Thanks! Found it strange that they’d promoted the release of the figures on Twitter, but didn’t have them on their own store.  Glad they got them up in the end.  Sounds like they’ve been snapped up in the few others places they were being sold at.

These two, along with the previous one, Minecraft’s Steve and Alex have not gone up for preorders nor were up on release day. 
Sephiroth is now sold out. 

Pyra and Mythra double pack drops 21st July 2023, with some Xenoblade Chronicles 3 perks:

Edited by Julius

Need them. Hope to be able to grab a pack at retail when they go up for preorder. 
We must be close now to all Smash Amiibo released. 

Just got mine in. Just one to go and then minus p2 variants I’ll have a full set of Smash Amiibo. 
Just realised that’s going to be a busy Friday with Pikmin 4 due out the same day. 

13 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Just got mine in. Just one to go and then minus p2 variants I’ll have a full set of Smash Amiibo. 
Just realised that’s going to be a busy Friday with Pikmin 4 due out the same day. 

So you're firmly in the "Sora"s getting an amiibo" camp then? Can"t say I share your enthusiasm.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

So you're firmly in the "Sora"s getting an amiibo" camp then? Can"t say I share your enthusiasm.

Yes. I believe there is no way Nintendo would have gone with Sora if an Amiibo wasn’t part of the deal. I can’t see what would actually stop it, every other character has had one and I couldn’t see Nintendo getting this far and just saying “oh you won’t get Sora”. There’s just no reason they wouldn’t be able to make him. 

• Thanks 1

F5_iYtAacAAjAWR.jpeg

Announced in the direct. And there were some people here that said they wouldn't make him (cough @Glen-i cough) It was always going to happen. I suspect he maybe one of the most sought after though so hopefully I'll get him to complete my Smash collection (minus p2 variants)

I will happily take the L on that one. Can't believe they pulled it off!

Man, I hope I can get one. Second instance of Nintendo producing a toy with a Disney character ever! Landmark moment!

I still didn’t think that Nintendo could get the go-ahead from Disney, so well done to everyone involved in the negotiations.  I hope I can get hold of one if these.

Edited by WackerJr

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Man, I hope I can get one. Second instance of Nintendo producing a toy with a Disney character ever! Landmark moment!

I’m going to feel stupid when I know the answer, but which was the first?

3 hours ago, WackerJr said:

I’m going to feel stupid when I know the answer, but which was the first?

Nah, it's pretty obscure. They made playing cards in 1959 featuring various Disney characters.

Only Japan saw them at retail. For obvious reasons.

• Thanks 1

The Noah & Mio double pack is up for pre-order on the My Nintendo Store, did they go up straight after the direct? I just noticed them when I went to pre-order Mario Wonder so was surprised to see that they were available