NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

16 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Are we expecting Banjo to be sold out completely? 

Completely and instantly.

Damn. Was hoping to be able to pick one up even though I don't collect amiibo at all, without having to pre-order. Hopefully they get a restock.

Edited by MindFreak

On 11-12-2020 at 8:41 PM, BowserBasher said:

I have them all this Banjo one is not gonna escape my grasp. Bring it on. 

Do you mean 100% complete?

My collection is almost complete. Gaps in it are;

- Mario Odyssey cornflakes box

- Gold and Silver Mario

- Gold Mega Man

- Anniversary Mega Man

- Dark Hammer Slam Bowser Skylander amiibo

- Mario Sports cards

- Most of the Animal Crossing cards

I do have some of the Japan exclusives though like Box Boy, Monster Hunter series.

• Like 1

Mainly meant the Smash set (disregarding the player two ones that they did. It’s strange they did that for only a couple of them and then stopped. So I’m not fussed on those. 

Otherwise I have all the Splatoon set, AC ones (not cards), majority of the Zelda set missing Wind Waker Link and maybe another. Have most of the Mario series too. Need to hunt the ones I don’t have. All Wooly Yoshi ones. And the two 8-bit Mario ones. 

Got my order in. So happy it's not like the old days where you needed to be on the internet at exactly the time that they went up.

Quite happy that you get a free gift with the order. I nabbed a Paper Mario magnet set. :D 

Weird how they just give you a free gift just like that! I'd love that Paper Mario magnet set :heart:

The magnet set showed up today. Very strange. I figured it would have been shipped with the amiibo. They also threw in a Paper Mario origami kit.

Mine was posted yesterday but won't turn up today, I'm afraid. It's not a biggie but would have wanted it today. It's going to stand on my work desk at home, it's going to look lovely. I want it now. :( 

Edit: I can see on the track and trace that it has been picked up for delivery. Might turn up tonight!

Edited by MindFreak

Byleth arrived, but the box was totally beat up and so was the Amiibo box. His hand or sword or something had broke off. It had either been chucked around or something heavy put on top. The postman apologised saying that's how he got it this morning.

Refused delivered. Hopefully the Nintendo Store are OK with that kind of thing. Will need to drop them an email and have to order one elsewhere, they are out of stock.

Some Breath of the Wild Amiibo have been restocked in the official Nintendo store. Rider Link is there. Grab me whilst you can if you need any. 

I just got the dispatch notification for the Samus and E.M.M.I. Metroid Dread amiibo figures, from the Nintendo store.

I don't really collect amiibo as such any more, in fact, I sold most of mine, only keeping the following figures...

Mario, Sonic, Link, (Majora's Mask) Young Link, (Ocarina of Time) and all of the Metroid series amiibo figures to date.

Clearly, if there was going to be any amiibo figures which would persuade me to rationalise "OK, but just these ones, because Metroid" then these would be it. :indeed:

I'll unbox them and take a few pictures of them in the packaging and out of it, then maybe I'll add those to the potential Metroid Dread Special Edition image gallery feature.

I am tempted to pick up a Banjo-Kazooie amiibo, it's good to see that they are still available for a reasonable price.

Aside from that though? I can't see any more Metroid amiibo being released, unless alongside Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, Metroid Prime 4 or a future Metroid remake/game.

Which should mean, no more amiibo to purchase... it did seem enjoyable to collect them for a while, but like with everything collectable, they're just objects, so I thought it best to just keep the ones which still actually mean something to me, on some level, even if it's just to look at them to remind myself how enjoyable those game series have been to me over time.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

Hoping they do more Player 2 variants so they make a female Byleth one.

And the Hero alts.

20 minutes ago, Ike said:

Hoping they do more Player 2 variants so they make a female Byleth one.

And the Hero alts.

I wouldn't get your hopes for that. I get the feeling once we get the Sora one, Smash amiibos will be done.

Nice, Think it may be one to grab right away being Minecraft it may be caught after a bit more than others. I gotta keep my full set up to date (apart from the two that had P2 variants) I have all characters. So missing a Bayo and was it Corrin that had the other P2 one? Which I've never been fussed about.

For anyone missing any, it seems pretty much all Splatoon amiibo have been restocked on the UK Nintendo store to coincide with the release of splatoon 3 today - the only one I didn't see was the inkling girl from the smash Bros series.

• Thanks 1