NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Mad respect for posting a tier list.
But even by this nonsense tables logic, shouldn't King K. Rool be in sometimes quadrupedal?
Also, Greninja never actually walks with it's hands. No, crawling doesn't count. Otherwise, that opens a whole different can of worms.
And I still refuse to accept DK as quadruped.
Literally his running animation.
I admit I chuckled at Ice Climbers, but come on, Ivysaur's the first. It was almost Diddy, but Pokémon Trainer was revealed in Brawl before Diddy.

*His running animation in DK64 (which frankly looks ridiculous anyway)... He knuckle runs in both SSB and SSBM, as befitting his species.

I'll give you greninja. I just looked at a picture of it and saw that it was a frog crouched on all fours and guessed.

1 hour ago, bob said:

*His running animation in DK64 (which frankly looks ridiculous anyway)... He knuckle runs in both SSB and SSBM, as befitting his species.

Well, if you're not counting every game DK has appeared in, then why even tier list?

Says the guy who claims Ivysaur is a quadruped, while there is a picture of said Pokémon in this thread literally hopping around on one leg...

05fe930b100c4c59bfdb263a0ce240d8_Large.jpg

1 minute ago, bob said:

Says the guy who claims Ivysaur is a quadruped, while there is a picture of said Pokémon in this thread literally hopping around on one leg...

It's also impaled by a glass pillar. Clearly not the norm for Ivysaurs.

Edited by Glen-i

ptd31wuhhtv11.jpg

Throws this his in for proof that Piranha Plant does actually have legs. And should therefor not be in the no leg category 

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Damn, this tierlist thing is harder than it looks.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bob said:

Tell me about it, someone will always point out a misgiving they have and then a big argument breaks out.

And that's why I love it.

12 minutes ago, markderoos said:

As long as we agree that Pikachu is the first quadruped in Smash, all is fine.

Nope.

4 hours ago, bob said:

...I take it this is a bad time to bring up the fact that King K.Rool runs on all fours?

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Well, if you're not counting every game DK has appeared in, then why even tier list?

Spr_1b_002.png

I hereby propose that Ivysaur is not a quadruped, on the basis that we need to count every game he appeared in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Nope.

Sorry, I stated it wrong. We don’t have to agree on Pikachu being the first because it’s a fact. Pikachu is a pure quadruped with the ability to also stand or walk on two feet. As he appeared in Smash 64 he is the first. Fact. Undeniable.

If you’re trying to deny this you either don’t understand the difference between bipedal and quadrupedal species or I can’t take your Pokémon knowledge serious anymore.

Ivysaur is the first quadruped without the ability to walk on his hind legs. That’s also a fact.

EDIT: well, now I’m in doubt because of that Ivysaur sprite @Jonnas just posted... Is it standing or prancing?

Edited by markderoos

This should be one of the upcoming events for the Spirit Board... :heh:

Quadrupedal Quotient! - The four day event "Quadrupedal Quotient" starts on 04/10! Forget double-trouble or triple-threat, it's time for a quadruple quarrel! Identify and defeat the one true quadruped and you'll earn 4X the usual amount of spirit points, that's right... quadruple! Start working on those quads and you'll be quids in!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Header-115445.jpg

Available now to pre-order on the Nintendo Store UK. :D

• Like 3

https://e3.nintendo.com/news/new-amiibo-figures-on-the-way/

D8y7uh0UEAAKSz3.png

A number of upcoming amiibo™ figures were announced today, including Dark Samus and an adorable Link from The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening. You can take a closer look at some of the figures below.

Releasing September 20, 2019

• Link – The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
  • Squirtle – Super Smash Bros. series
  • Ivysaur – Super Smash Bros. series
  • Solid Snake – Super Smash Bros. series

Coming in November 2019

• Incineroar – Super Smash Bros. series
  • Chrom – Super Smash Bros. series
  • Simon Belmont – Super Smash Bros. series

Coming in 2020

• Dark Samus – Super Smash Bros. series
  • Richter – Super Smash Bros. series

(All dates subject to change.)

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 3

That look really reminds me of the Mario Vs Donkey Kong March of the Minis game. All he needs is a wind up key jammed in the back.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2019 at 3:33 PM, S.C.G said:

590xX_Emails_Zelda-Champions-Amiibo_wolf-Link-102926.jpg

In case anyone missed them the first time around, these have just been restocked.

They are still in stock now.

Same again, all the Zelda amiibo are back in stock.

• Like 1

On 27/06/2019 at 6:47 PM, S.C.G said:

Same again, all the Zelda amiibo are back in stock.

oof...some of these are available as a pre-order now and will be delivered according to Nintendo by late November 2019, that's several months from now. Pre-order and wait or buy now from the scalpers.

Edited by sumo73
can't add up!

21 minutes ago, sumo73 said:

oof...some of these are available as a pre-order now and will be delivered according to Nintendo by late November 2019, that's over five months from now. Pre-order and wait or buy now from the scalpers.

Well, the Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time Link have already sold out again, so it looks like scalpers is the only option for those now. :(

They were in stock for a good week or so though, maybe that will drive down the price over time assuming Nintendo made loads of them? ::shrug:

Link's Awakening amiibo has sold out though, unsurprisingly, that's all that I bought plus the collector's edition of the game of course. :)

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

Link's Awakening amiibo has sold out though, unsurprisingly, that's all that I bought plus the collector's edition of the game of course. :)

That is such a gorgeous amiibo, it almost made me break my "absolutely no more than 1 amiibo per character rule" but I managed to stay strong. :D

I look at my Toon Link amiibo with disgust now though, knowing that he's responsible for me not owning the Link's Awakening one. :heh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Tbf, if there's one amiibo where it's acceptable to stop you getting the Link's Awakening one, it's Toon Link.

• Like 1