NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Anyone else afraid they'll announce more SSB alternate costume amiibo to coincide with the Switch port?

Afraid? I'm hoping they will - as long as they focus on the ones that aren't just recolours. Give me all the Koopalings, female Robin, male Wii Fit Trainer, Hoodie Little Mac etc. :grin:

Afraid? I'm hoping they will - as long as they focus on the ones that aren't just recolours. Give me all the Koopalings, female Robin, male Wii Fit Trainer, Hoodie Little Mac etc. :grin:

Yeah, afraid is not exactly the right word for it, maybe doomed? ;)

I've already spent more money on my amiibo collection than I've payed at Switch launch. And that includes pro controller, joy con set, zelda, 1-2 switch, charger, carrying case... :red:

Ah, yes. As someone with a near complete amiibo collection - all 550 amiibo cards included - I completely understand. I gladly welcome that sort of "doom" without regrets, though. :heh:

I only just checked my e-mail sent to me barely half an hour ago...

580xX_Email_Zelda_Amiibos-011713-011735.jpg

Sold out already! :sad:

Bugger, I was out of the house when I saw the email and totally forgot to check when I got back home. Really wanted the Majora's Mask one.

Well seeing as I have zero faith in Nintendo restocking these Zelda amiibo ever, I caved and have went with the lowest priced alternative ebay pre-order I can find. ::shrug:

The value of them is only going to go up, plus I can just sell some stuff to make up for it I suppose...

Seeing as Nintendo are going to be venturing down the subscription route soon, they might as well have an allocation offered to people who are going to be subscribing to their online service anyway probably, this will probably account for... 25% of the stock or so maybe?

Just a thought, it might alleviate some of the scalping but probably not by much. :hmm:

I'm still surprised that Nintendo haven't got their stuff together when it comes to amiibo. The Zelda ones, both anniversary and BOTW, have been sold out for ages, with no restocks being mentioned by Nintendo.

I feel it's another case of them leaving money on the table and not capatialising on an opportunity. When BOTW released, these things should have been everywhere for people to buy but instead a lot of fans were left either paying scalper prices or buying the counterfeit cards on Ebay if it was the in game items they wanted.

As for the new wave, i've had my preorder down for these for a while now with Shopto. I stopped using Nintendo UK as you have a very small window of opportunity to preorder them. We will see my order actually goes through come the launch of them.

I do wonder if the situation is ok for Nintendo though. not restocking puts pressure to purchase at release, rather than waiting for price drops. that allows them to keep a good profit margin. If Scalpers move in quick enough to remove reasonably priced amiibo from the market, no problem, Nintendo will release a new batch. People who are on the fence for certain new figurines jump into a purchase "just in case". Better to pay £50 for 5 amiibo and find only 2 were wanted than to buy 1 amiibo for £50 and only be able to find that second one for £70... (hopefully an exaggeration on those prices but I hope the point is clear?)

Basically so long as new figurines are released the "money on the table" goes toward a different amiibo. Nintendo don't care if you buy a Mario amiibo or a Link one...

I had similar thoughts. Since the SSB wave was over (not including the 6 new ones), amiibo were getting easier to find and cheaper/showing up in bargains, etc. Now all of a sudden, 14 of them are sold out the second they are up for preordering (the six SSB and the first and new batch of Zelda) and we're back to the awful situation when the first amiibo where released.

I can't shake the thought out of my head that this might be on purpose; planned scarcity to get interest rising and have consumers discussing amiibo again.

580xX_Email_Super-Smash-Bros_Amiibo-122150-122228.jpg

Smash amiibo selling out now go go go! (Corrin has already sold out)

Bayonetta has sold out now too, only Cloud left...

OG Corrin back in stock(?) and OG Cloud still in stock

(Player 2 variants sold out)

Only OG (default) Cloud left now...

...or not, nevermind. :(

Well I tried to let people know, I only discovered the e-mail fifteen minutes late. ::shrug:

(and they were starting to sell out even then)

Edited by S.C.G

Well I managed to order Male Corrin from GAME. I kept getting an error trying to order Female Corrin despite it saying she was in stock, so I don't really have much faith in getting Male Corrin from them.

The Nintendo Store put up most of the Zelda Amiibo up for preorder yesterday, managed to grab MM, Tp and SS Links as well as the Guardian and Bokoblin Amiibo I was missing. Unfortunately it was while the forum was offline yesterday so couldn't post about it.

10 minutes ago, Ike said:

The Nintendo Store put up most of the Zelda Amiibo up for preorder yesterday, managed to grab MM, Tp and SS Links as well as the Guardian and Bokoblin Amiibo I was missing. Unfortunately it was while the forum was offline yesterday so couldn't post about it.

Yeah, I managed to grab the Archer Link and Zelda I was missing, as well. 

I received the new wave of Anniversary Zelda amiibo yesterday and they look great. I need to fire BOTW back up and unlock the Skyward Sword gear.

I wish I didn't like amiibo so much :(

amiibohaul.jpg

The sculpts and paint jobs are so good though! These all arrived today.

Much prefer the use of clear plastic as supports rather than the horrible colours they used to use.

• Like 5

I wasn't intending on getting the Splatoon amiibo, but my girlfriend accidentally ordered 2 sets (she forgot to cancel the GAME ones) so I bought them off her...

I have too many

Certain amiibo back in stock at Nintendo Store UK gogogo!

745x200-n-wk36-amiibo-launch-list-update_(1)-020120.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ashley said:

I swear this is what y'all are like.

I'm not gonna lie, I did a similar thing with the Greninja one, and the Shovel Knight one.

I also did it with the Boo one, but that was in the dark.

8 hours ago, Ashley said:

I swear this is what y'all are like.

I have like.. Two. And I don't lick them.

My nendoroids however..

That video is hilarious though :D

Mario Odyseey amiibo are now up for preorder on the Nintendo UK store. They are available separately and in a 3 pack.

34 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Mario Odyseey amiibo are now up for preorder on the Nintendo UK store. They are available separately and in a 3 pack.

Sneaky Nintendo... making them available at Dinner time, just got back to see them still there thankfully, got them individually and seperately, the set to keep boxed. :)

It seems they restocked on some of the Zelda amiibo really briefly at the same time as well.

Well either that or just the Ocarina of Time Link amiibo is available... right now!

11349101-1584426517973243.jpg

Go, go... go? ::shrug:

Preordered the triple pack, not sure I even want them. :blank:

Ordered the case as well.