NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Stock really seems to be improving. GAME and Toys R Us had all of last week's new wave and GAME had a craptonne of Little Mac.

So all the hysterics about how people would never get the figures they wanted and how Nintendo would never restock them proved to be... all for nothing??

So all the hysterics about how people would never get the figures they wanted and how Nintendo would never restock them proved to be... all for nothing??

Even though the situation appears to be getting better, doesn't mean the way the last 9 months has gone with amiibo is acceptable.

More like the last 6-7 months, and no one is saying it's been acceptable. The criticism and complaints about the stock shortages has been endless and justified. All I was saying was those proclaiming they would never get to own the ones they wanted seem a little silly now.

More like the last 6-7 months, and no one is saying it's been acceptable. The criticism and complaints about the stock shortages has been endless and justified. All I was saying was those proclaiming they would never get to own the ones they wanted seem a little silly now.

But you have to think of the poor suckers who still can't get the amiibo they want for some reason.

Like, say, a light-blue Yarn Yoshi, or a Shulk amiibo.

In other words, what about meeeeeeeee!?

I just hope Nintendo find a way to restock so the total tool who bought all 30 Ness amiibo at my local Smyths ends up losing most of his outlay and profit. They have a 1 character per customer rule now, but 30, what a greedy bastard.

You're right, but your post did come across a little "I told you so", which isn't really necessary. People were genuinely upset that they couldn't get what they wanted and were worried that they wouldn't be able to due to scalpers and low stock. I think it's unfair to call it all hysterics when the situation was so bad.

You're right, but your post did come across a little "I told you so", which isn't really necessary. People were genuinely upset that they couldn't get what they wanted and were worried that they wouldn't be able to due to scalpers and low stock. I think it's unfair to call it all hysterics when the situation was so bad.

It would be unfair if Nintendo hadn't said a number of times that restocks were on the way.

Issue is partly because people kept forgetting/ignoring the fact that these aren't discs that can be reprinted in a day. Production of these figures takes months and so restock plans take months

I got my mate addicted to these last week.

I asked him to order a spare Little Mac for me from the Nintendo UK store ( in case my sealed Mac had a knakered box when it arrived ) but it turned out I didn't need it. He loved the look of it so much that he decided to keep it, rather than send it back. 4 days later and he has spent £150 on the things! :D

FpN792Y.jpg?1

"Why so happy, King Dedede?"

"I GOT A MONSTER TO CLAW THAT THERE KIRBEH!"

aN2gpSd.jpg?1

"She doesn't seem interested."

Saw (and used) the Chibi Robo amiibo in the flesh today. Really nice figure! Chunky and weighty, too!

I don't have any amiibo, but would like to maybe get some.

I can just see it becoming an addiction though. Seems there's no point in just buying a few - you need to get them ALL!

Do they even still do the non Smash ones? Those looked cool.

I can just see it becoming an addiction though. Seems there's no point in just buying a few - you need to get them ALL!

I'm not getting all of them. Just characters and figures I like.

Well, I got Zelda to complete the Triforce (the Amiibo is fairly poor quality) and Mega Man because it's cool having all three third party ones (I haven't played any games, the Amiibo is really well made, though).

Speaking of Amiibo, this has to be the biggest one yet

JebfO7u.jpg

It seems the latest production runs aren't up to standard...

11539625_390826734453635_3337050911877926032_n.jpg?oh=d66f7ba5d2302d8d759d86d168279b8b&oe=5620F140

Apologies, if posted before, made me laugh today though!

11539625_390826734453635_3337050911877926032_n.jpg?oh=d66f7ba5d2302d8d759d86d168279b8b&oe=5620F140

That's probably what would happen if SEGA ever make them.

On the up side they'd probably glitch through the packaging, so you could get them for free.

I'm guessing that the rare Amiibo are less rare now that there's been restocks? I saw a couple of Little Macs in my local game, which I understood as being rare as rocking horse shit, but decided against buying one since I assumed they're no longer rare and I have no real interest in the actual figure.

See thats an Amiibo I would actually buy. Along with the Lonk one.

DF14A5109C83A011CDBA9188E764748A1C96754C