amiibo (NFC)

I may import the Japanese one

I will probably get one of each as well

some more Amiibo's leaked:

SI_Amiibo_E3.png

That 8-bit Mario? Day one.

Edited by Helmsly
Automerged Doublepost

Yeah, the leaks this year are a total disaster, ugh.

God damn it. Why did I click that.

Me too. My AC addiction kicked in again. Need those

I don't think I've ever needed an amiibo more than I need that KK Slider one.. :bowdown: Isabelle and Tom Nook are mighty tempting too, though I'd have preferred Nook in his suit.

They're releasing an AC amiibo line without Bob the cat?

Breathtaking incompetence.

So that's these, Smash stuff and Hyrule Warriors 3DS that has been leaked. This ain't like Nintendo.

Looking at the pic, I guess AC is heading to Wii U then.

So that's these, Smash stuff and Hyrule Warriors 3DS that has been leaked. This ain't like Nintendo.

TBF, the Smash stuff is pre-E3

But yeah, this is a bit silly. It's like the Mario Kart8 DLC leak actually.

But compared to last year:

Mario Maker leaked

Smash amiibo compatibility leaked

We're at the same level as last year

Oh god. I've never played an Animal Crossing, I wouldn't buy Animal Crossing Wii U and I'm yet to buy an Amiibo. But KK Slider... a dog playing a guitar... could be it.

After debating with myself for about a week/completely forgetting I had bought it, I decided to open my Link Amiibo. I'm still keeping my Marth in its box, partly because it is/was rareish, and partly because I don't like Marth as much, so don't mind that it looks awkward on my shelf (Figures look shit when left in their boxes).

I have to say, I'm impressed with the quality of Link. Nicely painted, good weight to the figure (probably due to base to be fair) and generally pretty nice. I little on the small side for £15, but I wouldn't consider it a ripoff. A bit pricey perhaps, but not a ripoff.

I also saw a Meta Knight in GAME today and I thought that it was pretty rare, but I looked online and apparently it's not. Is that right or have I just missed out? They seemed cheap on Amazon, so I'm assuming that they're not rare/expensive. Not that I'm looking to resell, I just like having rare/expensive stuff.

Well the Amibo where pretty obvious, Tom Nook has been in the promo art since Amiibo were first announced, plus there's the 3DS game coming up.

It's really annoying the hacker leaked the Smash DLC the day before the announcement, but Nintendo (and other companies) really should know that stuff is going to be data mined. Apparently the data was in the Mewtwo update, so why wait until now? It was pretty hard to avoid being spoilt yesterday as well.

Hyrule Warriors 3DS was pretty unfortunate. I thought you said that was going to be announced on Friday @Serebii?

At least nothing too major has been leaked. Time to avoid the Internet until the Digital Event.

TBF, the Smash stuff is pre-E3

But yeah, this is a bit silly. It's like the Mario Kart8 DLC leak actually.

But compared to last year:

Mario Maker leaked

Smash amiibo compatibility leaked

We're at the same level as last year

I remember loads of people not believing Mario Maker was real in the leak, myself included.:laughing:

Can't believe it's been a year and it's still not out.

A store close to me just got Jigglypuff and Greninja amiibos, are either of them "rare"? I might pick one of them up just in case, but which one?

Meta Knight seems to have just had a restock of sorts but they won't be around for long. Snap him up if he is still thee.

I think Jiggs and Greninja are fairly rare right now. So definitely grab one or both. I think Greninja should will be the rarer.

Meta Knight seems to have just had a restock of sorts but they won't be around for long. Snap him up if he is still thee.

It's probably gone by now, but I'll bear it in mind if I see it again.

To be honest, I'm not sure I want to collect them. There's too many for me to go for the full set, especially considering that I'm not the biggest Nintendo fan, so I'm not really interested in most of them. I'll mainly be keeping an eye out for the super rare ones or the characters from games that I actually like, such as Fox, Toon Link, Sonic, Mega Man and Ness.

It's probably gone by now, but I'll bear it in mind if I see it again.

To be honest, I'm not sure I want to collect them. There's too many for me to go for the full set, especially considering that I'm not the biggest Nintendo fan, so I'm not really interested in most of them. I'll mainly be keeping an eye out for the super rare ones or the characters from games that I actually like, such as Fox, Toon Link, Sonic, Mega Man and Ness.

I think this is easily the best way of approaching it. It was my intention to do this... Until the bug caught!! Now i'm eagerly awaiting my silver mario amiibo I bought from amazon us

tumblr_nq1s5i4CdN1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg

Two versions of the 8-bit Mario amiibo too

Tapping one of these figures on your Wii U Game Pad while playing Super Mario Maker “adds a Big Mushroom power-up to your course, allowing Mario to grow big and bust blocks from any direction, as well as adding a retro visual filter to the game, reminiscent of older cathode ray tube televisions.”

“[And] many other amiibo will also be compatible with Super Mario Maker through the use of a new item called the Mystery Mushroom. This item allows Mario to take the appearance of many other characters, such as Link, Kirby or Wii Fit Trainer, complete with character-specific animations and sound effects.”

http://tinycartridge.com/post/121684329757/two-versions-of-the-8-bit-mario-amiibo-too

They're showing off the Animal Crossing Amiibo on Treehouse atm (unfortunately alongside the awful party game), but they are fantastic quality!

They're showing off the Animal Crossing Amiibo on Treehouse atm (unfortunately alongside the awful party game), but they are fantastic quality!

K.K slider Yarn Yoshi, anyone?? ;)

K.K slider Yarn Yoshi, anyone?? ;)

You mean a white Yoshi with a black nose?

Kinda lame, really, if you think about...

Well I was just thinking about the mixed cuteness(and as a wooly world in game skin, not an actual amiibo) but I must admit I didn't think his implementation through greatly. The WW amiibo skins are fantastic and exactly the sort of thing I don't mind being amiibo tied to.

Edited by Rummy

Yeah they really do look fantastic. So much better than the Skylanders ones.

I'm such a dick I'm already considering buying the skylanders bundle... Wish my kid was a little older to justify it...