NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Instead of 1 per customer why not produce more , bloody retards in charge of Nintendo , think of all the sales lost on gc adapters and amiibos

With a business mind like that you should be in charge of Nintendo, you'd have solved the amiibo problem from day 1! Produce more! It's so simple.

Alternatively, maybe the manufacture of 50+ different figurines with nfc chips inside them isn't that easy, and they're getting them out as fast as they can.

They shouldn't keep releasing new ones until they can sort out the demand of the old ones.

"We can't produce nearly enough of this figurine, so instead of making more lets make 10 different ones instead, all of which will have the same problem."

Well done Nintendo.

Agreed @Eddage.

Slower release + more availability of figures + less stress on customer wallets > loads of different figures which are impossible to get hold of due to poor availability

I completely disagree, as I already find the amiibo release schedule to be painfully slow.

...I just want my Duck Hunt Duo amiibo already!! :(

I wouldn't be very pleased if the already slow release of new waves was prolonged even more just to help some people fill in the occasional gap in their collection a little faster. They will restock older ones but they're prioritising new content, and rightly so IMO.

I just want the Smash line to be finished with now. Collecting them all continues to be crazy stressful for pretty much everyone.

Around 50 different figures over 9 months isn't really slow. It may be for someone who wants to collect them all and wants them all fast, but otherwise, the gap between releases is fine, imo.

I think committing to making an amiibo for every single Smash character is retrospectively a mistake, especially releasing them all quickly. Yes, it means they're all there for that functionality in Smash, but getting them out so quickly has restricted their availability. If they were made available over a couple of years, yes some people may have to wait longer for their favourite character, but at least then maybe people would actually be able to get hold of those characters!

Just looked at Disney Infinity and they release around 30 figures a year, which are a LOT more widely available. I know Nintendo are eager to bring out lots of different amiibo for their fans to get excited about, but it's leaving a sour taste for a lot of people.

But once you have your order in place you can't just change it. So although I agree it would be best, I don't think it's quite realistic. It's all more popular than they thought, but by that point the orders in place and are happening. I don't think they'r slowing down restocks!

Maybe though... what do I know...

Still waiting for my Greninja and Jigglypuff to ship from Nintendo UK :/

Game canceled my greninja and jigglypuff... like last month. They're having huge problems with their systems with amiibo. Amateurs. I'll still get them, but by god are they useless.

Mine have been shipped from GAME. Still no movement from Nintendo UK though.

Why aren't yours canceled :(

I kid I kid. What card do you have?

I kid I kid. What card do you have?

eh?

* clearly something has flown over my head here or dazzybee has had an iphone issue again*

eh?

* clearly something has flown over my head here or dazzybee has had an iphone issue again*

haha, bank card

Great news!

Plus it'll be nice to have the improved Villager design

With a business mind like that you should be in charge of Nintendo, you'd have solved the amiibo problem from day 1! Produce more! It's so simple.

Alternatively, maybe the manufacture of 50+ different figurines with nfc chips inside them isn't that easy, and they're getting them out as fast as they can.

No shit Sherlock

No shit Sherlock

Then don't stupidly call them retards for not just producing more if you realise the problem and solution aren't that simple.

A monkey could manage Nintendos stock situation better, they are too soft I think 99% of people would agree they have been fools .

I still don't see any official gamecube adapters ? That market is ruined now for them as cheap immitations exist , and why punish people who want to buy more than 1 unit? Instead get your act together and make more its simple .

It's so simple! Make more! Why didn't Nintendo think of that genius idea :indeed:

I still don't see any official gamecube adapters ? That market is ruined now for them as cheap immitations exist , and why punish people who want to buy more than 1 unit? Instead get your act together and make more its simple .

Speaking of those (GC adapters), they are plenty in stock overhere since a couple of weeks. Still no change in the UK???

Even if they are, it remains bizarre how few where available at launch and that it took so long to get a restock...::shrug:

My Jigglypuff from Nintendo just got delivered (or dumped in the recycling bin by the courier anyway). Unfortunately my Game order was dispatched before I had chance to cancel so looks like I'll have a spare. Will have to check how long you get to return stuff as I had to use my mum's card to order (had a lot of problems with mine at game) and she's on holiday for at least a couple more weeks.