NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

For the last wave I ended up having to pay ebay prices for Ness, Robin and Lucina. While searching for them I found a guy who was selling called ThompsonV7...yup, it was our very own Shadow! I decided to just buy them off him as I may as well give my money to a former N-E member. :D

I bought/preordered a Japanese Little Mac from an ebay seller for £20. If that comes through then that will take care of the one I can open. I still need to hunt down a UK version to keep sealed though. I'm hoping we get some reprints of him and Shulk soon...

According to the North American certifications, a new wave of Shulk went into production last month

According to the North American certifications, a new wave of Shulk went into production last month

Yeah, I just hope it's enough to meet demands. I'll probably import a Japanese model, like i've done with Little Mac, but the UK version is still missing from my collection.

Bosmiibo lolz :D Plus the return of a certain someone...

Shamelessly plugged(and slightly edited) and Kyle told me to do it. It may get more attention here.

Just opened my third amiibo, Megaman. Love it, he Toad and Toon Link look great next to each other. [/grown man]

21l.jpg

22l.jpg

Iwata again says amiibo are being restocked, unsure when the stock situation will be resolved

amiibo1.jpg

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata once again weighed in on the amiibo stock situation during the company’s financial results briefing today.

Iwata is aware that some figures are selling out, which is causing inconvenience for customers. However, supply is increasing for amiibo that have become rare, are needed for play, or are highly requested at stores.

Iwata stated that a date can’t be promised as to when the situation will be resolved. This is due to the fact that amiibo take time to produce, shelf space is limited, and Nintendo can’t predict how much demand there is.

http://nintendoeverything.com/iwata-again-says-amiibo-are-being-restocked-unsure-when-the-stock-situation-will-be-resolved/

New restock of amiibo is to hit Japan on May 14th.

[TWEET]596559990149623808[/TWEET]

The figures in question are Fox, Wii Fit Trainer, and Pit. After that shipment, in early June, Rosalina and Mega Man will be replenished. It may herald the start of a fix to the situation worldwide.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I want all three of them.

Plus the three in the final wave (ROB, Mr. Game & Watch and Falco...but I could skip Falco easily)

FML

They all look awesome. How many is that now?! How many left?

Would love Nintendo to have a moment of generosity and give the new DLC characters free with the amiibo...

They all look awesome. How many is that now?! How many left?

Would love Nintendo to have a moment of generosity and give the new DLC characters free with the amiibo...

After the July wave, for Smash we'll need:

Falco

Mr. Game & Watch

R.O.B.

Duck Hunt Duo

Mewtwo

Lucas

and any of the additional DLC characters

Edited by Serebii

What about Duck Hunt?

Ah yes, him too.

Man, August will be expensive haha

Duck Hunt Duo will probably end up being the rarest and hardest to find of the lot I reckon.

Don't Hold Your Breath On Those Marth amiibo Restocks

Figure reportedly limited to "1 to 2" units per GameStop store

Marth has always been one of the most sought-after amiibo figures since Nintendo's toys-to-life range launched a while back, but the company has tried to fix the stock situation and promised a new wave of toys towards the end of April.

We're now in May and Marth figures have hit North American retailers in a trickle rather than a flood. There are reports that Amazon's stock was snapped up in minutes, while at GameStop, we're hearing that some stores are limited to around 1 to 2 units each. Needless to say, those are getting snapped up pretty quickly.

We could see more Marth amiibo hitting the market over the next few weeks, but the situation is looking pretty dire for those who want to get their hands on the Fire Emblem character.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/dont_hold_your_breath_on_those_marth_amiibo_restocks

I really don't understand what the issue is with making enough stock of these things. They've had enough time to get their act together, so why not just flood the market with the rarer models? This would allow more people to buy them and also stick it to the scalpers who are constantly buying up what little stock there has been.

This replenished stock should be available solely through official Nintendo stores, or in countries without, a single official partner retailer. This would help ensure only one figure per customer and alleviate some of the pressure at retail. Obviously, actually making more stock is the better solution but if they're unwilling to do that better stock management is needed.

*Which reminds me, if anyone doubled up on Greninja and Jigglypuff, PM me. I missed these on preorder, so will be happy to buy any spares for cost plus postage.

It's being reported on several sites now. When is the restock in Europe? As far as I can see or tell it hasn't happened here yet. And when it does, the Yanks are going to put pressure on buying it.....again.

Our restock is supposed to happen in the Summer. I know Japan has had numerous restocks since the Amiibo launched, which is why you can import all of them pretty easily. From what i've heard from the 8-4 guys, you could just walk in to most places in Japan and pick up any of the Amiibo.

It's not just limited to amiibo though, is it? The Gamecube controller adapter is extinct. Same goes for the Pro controller. Haven't seen that in a shop since near launch and they were scarce back then. They're pretty bad when it comes to stocking accessories in general. Outside of Wii remotes and to a lesser extent nunchuks it's very difficult to acquire peripherals.

Like Murr was saying his gamepad charger was chewed by his cat and can't buy an official replacement. Mine knackered too, so I've 1 charger between 2 Wii U's. That reminds me of another rarity, the official high capacity battery for the gamepad. Never seen it in the shops. Only a tiny amount of them available from online retailers.

Edited by Wii

I really don't understand what the issue is with making enough stock of these things. They've had enough time to get their act together, so why not just flood the market with the rarer models? This would allow more people to buy them and also stick it to the scalpers who are constantly buying up what little stock there has been.

Probably wouldn't sell as well if there was plentiful supply. Nothing wrong with making a few of them rare and hard to find.

Probably wouldn't sell as well if there was plentiful supply. Nothing wrong with making a few of them rare and hard to find.

Thing is there seems to be plenty in Japan, it's the West that is getting screwed over. And let's be honest here, it's more than a few. Wave 1 is plentiful but everything after that is pretty hard to find, at least for the most part. You tend to get 1 common per 5 figure wave, which is crazy.

That strategy is also very dangerous. Amiibo, while probably aimed at kids, are being snapped up by Nintendo fans, which in the grand scheme of things are few and far between. They would do right to treat their fanbase with a little respect, rather than leaving them at the mercy of scalpers.