NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Jigglypuff, Greninja, Zero Suit Samus, Dark Pit, Palutena and Ganondorf are now up for preorder at Game UK for £14.99 each. No international orders this time apparently.

Can't believe they stopped international shipping. The anger of Americans is high haha

Can't believe they're £14.99. Oh it's GAME...yes I can.

Can't believe they stopped international shipping. The anger of Americans is high haha

Yup. Absolutely loving it.

With that in place, as well as the 1 per customer policy, things may be more stable for this wave.

Slammed a preorder down for each of them as well as the Splatoon bundle.

Are they not overpriced in GAME? Smyths here charge €15 which isn't even £11. Argos are the same with some being €14. You buy 3 and that's the cost of an extra amiibo.

Are they not overpriced in GAME? Smyths here charge €15 which isn't even £11. Argos are the same with some being €14. You buy 3 and that's the cost of an extra amiibo.

Yeah, they are overpriced but I just want to secure my order.

An interesting point was made by Jonny on RFN this week. He was saying that Amiibo could easily be priced a lot higher due to the demand. I'm glad they are still £10 on Nintendos store but I can see the Yoshi ones being priced higher than the plastic ones.

It's called GAME tax :p

I've got my 3 from the next two waves pre-ordered on ShopTo, with their increase in price, gleefully awaiting the NUK Store to add the rest

They're over the usual retail price yes, as were the Shopto preorders which were also just under £15. Of course I'd be happier paying less, but given how rare some of these are it's better to just get an order in than miss out if you're committed to a full set. It would cost more to import, and whatever Game's faults, I'd still rather they got my money than some ebay reseller. The good thing with Game is you can just take unwanted orders back to any store for a full refund, so I'm not worried about losing out if I do find them cheaper elsewhere.

As for Smyths and Argos, neither allows preorders, and you can only get them for £11 if you can find stock on the day. Between myself and my family we tried 3 branches of Smyths and I don't know how many branches of Argos across the Midland area, and not a Shulk in any of them. Actually watched them opening the boxes in Smyths and they only received Sonic and Megaman.

To be perfectly honest I don't blame companies for inflating the prices. If the demand is there and people are prepared to pay the extra then why wouldn't you increase your prices? If it makes life more difficult for the resellers even better.

I see GAME are blocking not only US orders but Euro ones as well. Looks like they are just catering to the UK needs first. A lot of people on Gaf ain't happy with it.

If you have an order with shopto is there any chance they will cancel them?

If you have an order with shopto is there any chance they will cancel them?

Every retailer has now cancelled Amiibo at some point. Probably best to keep the preorders and then cancel the one that ships last.

Someone on Gaf pointed out that the ones at GAME went up around 3am and they are still in stock now. It just goes to show who was taking all of our stock!

Every retailer has now cancelled Amiibo at some point. Probably best to keep the preorders and then cancel the one that ships last.

Someone on Gaf pointed out that the ones at GAME went up around 3am and they are still in stock now. It just goes to show who was taking all of our stock!

Did you get the Dr mario batch? They're not up there now... wondering if I've missed them...

Did you get the Dr mario batch? They're not up there now... wondering if I've missed them...

Those and Yoshi haven't got up yet. The pics are there but no preorder option has appeared.

To be fair the Nintendo store cancellations were a one-off mistake which they then attempted to rectify. If an amiibo says Pre-order from Nintendo UK store then they're available. If Shop.to or GAME say Pre-order it's a lottery whether they will actually fulfill your order.

To be fair the Nintendo store cancellations were a one-off mistake which they then attempted to rectify. If an amiibo says Pre-order from Nintendo UK store then they're available. If Shop.to or GAME say Pre-order it's a lottery whether they will actually fulfill your order.

A few people had Shulk cancelled from Nintendo Store, despite just preordering the one.

Game know their stock allocations. If they end up cancelling preorders it will be because Nintendo haven't met them, not down to luck. I believe that's also what ShopTo have said.

Edited by VsPhoenix

You know? I'm not even the least bit annoyed I have pay an extra fiver.

Because @Dcubed has just notified me that he's pre-ordered Greninja for me!

Unless he changes his mind and decides to keep it...

And seeing as he stole my Groudon figurine, I wouldn't put it past him...

I see GAME are blocking not only US orders but Euro ones as well. Looks like they are just catering to the UK needs first. A lot of people on Gaf ain't happy with it.

Good. They should give a week for UK people to put in preorders, then open it up to the rest

Gonna nip into my local GAME store to see if I can preorder there, if not I'll get them all online. I've already placed preorders on ShopTo, but am just keeping options open. I really don't mind paying that small extra amount.

Now if I could only find Dedede, MK and Shulk.

I blame McDonald's and their Happy Meals for all this figurine crap. Ba da ba ba ba I'm hating it.

I can imagine Wii arguing over the cost of a Happy Meal, and the relative value of the toys inside compared to the cost (in Euros of course) of the meal as a whole.