NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Remember when Nintendo used to be known for making games?

;)

remember when Nintendo used to be known for making sex motels

the rot started in the 70s

Remember when Nintendo used to be known for making good old fashioned playing cards?

Those were the days...

*grumble grumble*

remember when Nintendo used to be known for making sex motels

the rot started in the 70s

In fairness, from what I can tell of this thread people have been doing far more lurid things with amiibos then they ever did in sex hotels.

I managed to nab preorders for all the ones Shopto put up but whether they remain is another story. Seems like every retailer, including Nintendo UK store, is quite likely to cancel orders. I'll be happy once the Smash waves are over, as things should settle down, with releases being further apart.

Beginning to think my amiibo quest is coming to an end. The expense and stress of collecting them all is getting a bit heavy.

I hate amiibo and how it's slowly taking over all the games like a diseased paywall. Is there any game that doesn't have it in some form or other? I don't want to buy the Splatoon amiibo to get these extra missions for costumes and the weapons. It's no doubt complete, I've paid for the game, let me have them instead of this BS carry on. Some of ye can say whatever you like but it is exactly that, BS. What happens to the people that buy the game but can't access the DLC because they can't find an amiibo to buy? Yarn Yoshi will be the first amiibo I buy not because of any killer DLC but because of his form. Brian Altano was right as well about the amiibo family tree and how some have huge functionality in nearly all games while others only work in a couple of games. So you've got all amiibo at the same price despite their different production costs and some are much more limited than others in their functionality. Makes sense, it is Nintendo after all.

Edited by Wii

Beginning to think my amiibo quest is coming to an end. The expense and stress of collecting them all is getting a bit heavy.

I have similar feelings, situation really needs to change.

I went in believing I could casually collect those on the fly, walking in a random store, seeing one I like, saving some money and buying it when I see a good deal/offer.

Now it's such a hype and with collectors going crazier than ever, I'm justing feeling too old to for this and should spend my money on games instead.

I bet we're not the only ones feeling this way. :blank:

Yeah, i've seen a few people saying the same thing. You can't find them and they are releasing them at a stupidly fast rate. Its annoyed a lot of people.

Pussy! ;)

Yeah, it may be time to collect...games.

I just think they're much more popular than Nintendo envisaged. Would people be annoyed if a game sold out and you couldn't get it? I guess the thing is with this is how many are selling out on a regular basis, that coupled with Nintendo's disastrous ability to communicate with its fans, leads to frustration.

And although I'm worried about my missing Shulk. I still have confidence that Nintendo will rerelease all amiibo eventually. They won't turn away money and piss people off.

Yeah, it may be time to collect...games.

Yep. It's definitely one or the other...

In a year's time when Nintendo have gotten on top of manufacturing times and every amiibo is available to order, we'll look back at this manic period and laugh.

In a year's time when Nintendo have gotten on top of manufacturing times and every amiibo is available to order, we'll look back at this manic period and laugh.

The Rosalina fans won't.

I think my quest is coming to an end , once I complete the smash series . I will pick up a few choice ones like the yoshi set , star fox or pikmin ect .

It's just too stressful and I'm forced to refresh the page several times an hour in the hope they are up for pre order .

The price of each figure isn't the issue - although anywhere charging £15 can go do one - it's more being forced to buy entire waves all at once that's taking a toll on my finances. I want to be able to casually buy these things when I want like Skylanders and Infinity, not sweat my gonads off trying to secure pre-orders every few weeks.

My temptation at the moment is to finish the Smash Wave just so I can have them all, but jesus... looking at the new Mario wave compared to the Smash figures, the newer ones are infinitely superior. Bowser in particular looks so much better than his stupid-faced Smash counterpart.

The price of each figure isn't the issue - although anywhere charging £15 can go do one - it's more being forced to buy entire waves all at once that's taking a toll on my finances. I want to be able to casually buy these things when I want like Skylanders and Infinity, not sweat my gonads off trying to secure pre-orders every few weeks.

My temptation at the moment is to finish the Smash Wave just so I can have them all, but jesus... looking at the new Mario wave compared to the Smash figures, the newer ones are infinitely superior. Bowser in particular looks so much better than his stupid-faced Smash counterpart.

Yeah, if you want them you essentially have to buy them all on day one. This, coupled with how fast they are releasing them, is a serious drain on the wallet.

Not that I'm helping here but the Mario Party range are fantastic. They have a much cleaner finish and just look better IMO. Their stances are a lot better as well, due to them not needing to be in a Smash pose.

I disagree with Bowser. DCubed has the MP one while I have the Smash one. Both are great but I slightly prefer the Smash Bowser.

All in all, the Mario series is better, but Smash Bowser looks lovely.

Just have confidence that you don't have to buy them all day one. That they will restock them. And just get the ones you want now and pick up the rest when you can

Nintendo should just come out and say don't worry, we will be releasing all amiibo again so everyone who wants one, gets one. That'll stop the scalping.

I agree. It worked quite well for those Gamecube adapters that we got. are getting. that third parties had to make.

I agree. It worked quite well for those Gamecube adapters that we got. are getting. that third parties had to make.

Yeah... God they're weird aren't they? You'd think they'd want to get as many sales as possible... Frustrating company. Did you manage to get one in the end?

Yeah... God they're weird aren't they? You'd think they'd want to get as many sales as possible... Frustrating company. Did you manage to get one in the end?

Only a third party one via play-asia, I've checked my local GAME stores on a semi-regular basis out of curiosity and they've never gotten any new ones in since release day - so much for them apparently coming eh? They haven't done too great with Amiibo either(though that's the current point).

Only a third party one via play-asia, I've checked my local GAME stores on a semi-regular basis out of curiosity and they've never gotten any new ones in since release day - so much for them apparently coming eh? They haven't done too great with Amiibo either(though that's the current point).

If you do come round next week, I'll let you smell mine ;)