NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Megaman, Sonic and Shulk get!

Didn't expect to find any in shops, especially not Shulk!! :yay::yay::yay:

Aaaaaaand Meta Knight & Kind Dedede get, wave complete! :yay:

Rosalina's empty spot on my shelf is a burden to look at.

The worst thing about it: I don't like that character one bit... :indeed:

Got Dedede, Meta Knight and Shulk from GAME in the post today + a second Mega Man to open. All really great quality :)

Got Dedede, Meta Knight and Shulk from GAME in the post today + a second Mega Man to open. All really great quality :)

Yeah I agree, by far my favourite wave yet!

Amiibo collecting has become a stressful hassel , rather than the enjoyable one I was hoping .

Whoever is in charge of the distribution should be sacked immediately . Iwata is too soft I think it's time he was pushed down in his role .

Yamauchi Would be spinning in his grave if he saw what a mess this whole situation was .

Think of all the money nintndo have lost on amiibos and gamecube adapters , the later market now screwed with all the unofficial ones . I

I actually rather agree - completely baffled at how poorly they seem to be stocking these things. Has anyone even seen an official GC adapter in the UK since last year?? Or re-stocks of early sold-out Amiibo?

Popped into my local GAME yesterday morning to see if they had anything new. Their response: 'erm, we did have one Mega Man but that went yesterday'.

As if Nintendo's supply wasn't making things hard enough, having shops break the street release date means people don't stand a chance.

Aaaaaaand Meta Knight & Kind Dedede get, wave complete! :yay:

oiZ9qT2.png

(it's actually not very easy to find Dedede looking kind, even less so to meta knight...)

GAME are so poor- they literally had no idea in mine.

I'm missing Shulk which is an annoyance! I'm not sure why they are so addictive!

GAME are so poor- they literally had no idea in mine.

I'm missing Shulk which is an annoyance! I'm not sure why they are so addictive!

It's not really GAMEs fault. Nintendo have hardly sent any Shulks and Kirby guys to any retailer. The fact that Nintendo UK had to cancel orders just shows how much of a mess this whole thing has become.

I cannot believe Nintendo UK store, cancelling the orders is not on . They could have at least offered people a chance to keep the order for when/ if it's restocked .

oiZ9qT2.png

(it's actually not very easy to find Dedede looking kind, even less so to meta knight...)

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Kind Dedede, cannot be unseen ever again!!!

Not keen on the Sonic amiibo. Can see the hole they've drilled into him to fit the plastic support.

oiZ9qT2.png

You kinda (Hah!) made me want to draw Dedede now.

Damn you, inspiration!

The amiibo Facebook page is one of the most hilarious things I've seen in a long time. Literally every comment is complaining about the chronic stock situation. Nintendo are really pissing off a lot of their fans with the whole fiasco.

The amiibo Facebook page is one of the most hilarious things I've seen in a long time. Literally every comment is complaining about the chronic stock situation. Nintendo are really pissing off a lot of their fans with the whole fiasco.

To be fair, it's not like they're purposefully withholding stock. People are acting like it is. Nintendo underestimated demand (especially in the UK because the UK hates Nintendo pretty much) and so they have to do some catch up.

Most of the current wave were probably produced before they knew how popular amiibo was. My theory is that from here on, we won't see as many issues.

Plus, it's no coincidence that the two amiibo which have been seeing cancellations everywhere are the two from this batch which are store exclusive in the US. I've seen so many US people order 5+ of these amiibo from UK sellers.

It's not really GAMEs fault. Nintendo have hardly sent any Shulks and Kirby guys to any retailer. The fact that Nintendo UK had to cancel orders just shows how much of a mess this whole thing has become.

True, but I do blame my local Game for charging £14.99 for Amiibo's which I guess itsa bove the RRP

To be fair, it's not like they're purposefully withholding stock. People are acting like it is. Nintendo underestimated demand (especially in the UK because the UK hates Nintendo pretty much) and so they have to do some catch up.

Most of the current wave were probably produced before they knew how popular amiibo was. My theory is that from here on, we won't see as many issues.

Plus, it's no coincidence that the two amiibo which have been seeing cancellations everywhere are the two from this batch which are store exclusive in the US. I've seen so many US people order 5+ of these amiibo from UK sellers.

To draw to something else - does it explain why there hasn't been any official GC adapters seen in the UK? In the interim of absence two 3rd parties have managed to get products to market, and Nintendo haven't even managed to restock.

They've fucked up, people are acting like they fucked up. Simple as. It's ok though as there's a solution, and it goes like this.

Nintendo: Ok guys, we fucked up. We're gonna sort it out and not fuck it up again.

Consumer: Oh ok, cool. I'm glad you recognise this and are going to change. We'll be patient with you.

*Nintendo fucks up*

Nintendo: Ok guys, well, we fucked up. But look, we're gonna sort it out, and not fuck it up again.

Consumer: ...

*...Nintendo fucks up...*

...and so forth, and so forth. Rinse and repeat. Maybe don't even bother to rinsing after a while actually, just repeat. Repeat repeat repeat!

Rummy I love your adapter crusade. I've been so disappointed I've ordered a controller that plugs into the Wiimote instead.

Rummy I love your adapter crusade. I've been so disappointed I've ordered a controller that plugs into the Wiimote instead.

Ha, well, I only half mean to. I just find it a good representation of how shit Nintendo are right now. If amiibo and gamecube adapters were a nationwide craze like tamogotchi or furbies or something I'd be able to understand a bit more - but even when those were at their peaks they probably did better than a...2-3 month and counting restock? Whatever's going on, Nintendo are clearly doing something wrong in not getting these items to market properly. They have, without question, fucked up. They appear to be doing rather little towards unfucking up too.

(Without getting too off topic though @Ramar - you can get a uk supplied 3rd party adapter for like £20 from a company called ZedLabz, only come out a few weeks ago but I think inital thoughts I found in SmashUK was that it does the job, can't really think why it wouldn't tbh)

EDIT: Scratch what I said @Ramar, get the MayFlash one Gizmo just mentioned in the Smash thread - £17 delivered and MayFlash have a good history of controller adapter products - including for GC. It's the same one I got from PlayAsia, so I can at least say I've had no issues in the limited amount I've played since owning it(plus has PC support) - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RSXRLUE/

You kinda (Hah!) made me want to draw Dedede now.

Damn you, inspiration!

Thought I replied to this - do eeeeeeeeet! Then post it here(in the forum, maybe not exactly here) for us all to seee!

Edited by Rummy

GAME in Cardiff have shrunk the Nintendo section down to 2 1/2's of a central area. The Amiibo section is the one that has shrunk to make room for the pre-owned Wii games they've had elsewhere instore. Checked earlier today, they've got Sonic and Megaman in stock, not Shulk though.

After not being able to hunt down any of the new amiibos bar Sonic and Megaman on Friday, I bought Shulk from Japan on eBay on Friday, for £22. Five days later, and he's now sitting proudly on my amiibo shelf. As expected, he's now definitely my favourite!

Rumor: Ness amiibo leaked, selling on Chinese auction site

A Ness amiibo has been spotted for sale on a Chinese auction site and appears to be in European packaging. Currently it sits at about $55, though I don't imagine that price will stay there for long.

Comparing the images in the gallery to the official Ness amiibo pictures, I'd say it looks to be the real deal. What do you think, real or fake?

TB2btYwbVXXXXaYXpXXXXXXXXXX-367498627-noscale.jpg

TB2g0YHbVXXXXX3XXXXXXXXXXXX-367498627-noscale.jpg

TB2ld_xbVXXXXa.XpXXXXXXXXXX-367498627-noscale.jpg

TB2i5bFbVXXXXa0XXXXXXXXXXXX-367498627-noscale.jpg

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-ness-amiibo-leaked-selling-on-chinese-auction-site-288395.phtml

I wouldn't call this is a rumour, it's 99% most likely real.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Managed to bag myself a Marth and Wii Fit Trainer Amiibo yesterday. Which brings my total up to 3. Just wanna use the Trainer to unlock some weapons in Hyrule Warriors.

Ahh. Ness will be the first (and probably only) amiibo I buy!

What about Lucas? Oh, wait... :cry:

8u84YME.jpg

What about Lucas? Oh, wait... :cry:
8u84YME.jpg

I hate you for showing me that.

I still miss pwning with Lucas.