NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Megaman, Sonic and Shulk get!

Didn't expect to find any in shops, especially not Shulk!! :yay::yay::yay:

WHAT? Shops are already selling them?!

Amazon have let me down , no stock for Shulk king and meta :(

Same here. :( Gutted, as Shulk was the one amiibo I wanted more than any other! It's going to mean a mad dash around the shops tomorrow morning, now, although I'm not holding my breath, as it's bound to be in very short supply, with some places probably not getting it.

Nintendo España Appears to Confirm Super Mario amiibo for Rosalina, Donkey Kong and Wario

Picking up on previous speculation in Japan

Update:

Nintendo España has, unsurprisingly, now informed Nintenderos that this press release was in error; we've also received a similar message after enquiring on this with Nintendo UK. As suggested below there have been instances like this out of Nintendo's Spanish divisions in the recent past, so we'll see what transpires in the coming weeks.

Original article:

Not too long ago we told you about speculation that surfaced thanks to the launch of the Japanese website for Mario Party 10 - information pages on amiibo features included rendered images suggesting there'll be Super Mario amiibo toys for Rosalina, Donkey Kong and Wario. It seems like a logical release, and is of particular interest for those that have had a hard time buying a Smash Bros. series Rosalina toy.

We seem to be a big step closer to these being more than concepts on a product page, however, with a press release sent by Nintendo España / Spain - shared with us by Nintenderos - citing the figures as upcoming Super Mario amiibo. First of all, those renders from the Japanese website are below, for reference.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Below is a (poorly) translated section from the press release - note that Rosalina is known as Estela in Spain.

From the collection of Super Smash Bros., now on sale, you can play with amiibo Mario, Peach, Yoshi, Luigi and Bowser. What have not you done with them and not find them anywhere? The March 20 comes a new collection of ad hoc amiibo made for Mario Party 10: Super Mario Collection, which includes new amiibo Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Bowser, Estela, Donkey Kong and Wario.

Nintendo Spain and its departments have 'previous' with leaking details, with the Official Nintendo Magazine in the country outlining a September release for Super Smash Bros. on 3DS when, at the time, the party-line was a 'Summer' window. That was almost right, with the game eventually landing in Japan during September last year and hitting the West on 3rd October.

This could be Nintendo Spain getting its wires crossed or inadvertently confirming the rumours when it shouldn't be. It does seem that the odds of these three amiibo being a reality just shortened.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/nintendo_espana_appears_to_confirm_super_mario_amiibo_for_rosalina_donkey_kong_and_wario

Payment's been taken for Sonic and Mega Man on Shopto, but the order/preorder has disappeared from the account... Anyone had any experience with them pulling this shit before?

When do they usually go up on the argos website? Going to be annoying missing one...

They were already up a few weeks ago and then got taken down after they ran out of preorders.

They were already up a few weeks ago and then got taken down after they ran out of preorders.

I didn't think argos did preorders?

I didn't think argos did preorders?

Yeah, they appeared around the time when the NEW 3DS stuff came on the site, which you could also preorder.

Yeah, they appeared around the time when the NEW 3DS stuff came on the site, which you could also preorder.

Bugger. SHULK is going to elude me :( ARGH!

Bugger. SHULK is going to elude me :( ARGH!

Just made me wonder if there'd be any XCX perks for a Shulk, and if so a potential re-release...?

They should totes look to release more stocks with relevant character games imo.

@Serebii just posted this on Gaf.

Wow, the UK amiibo situation is bad. A friend just had his Shulk cancelled...by Nintendo UK. Yikes. You would think that'd be the one shop to get enough stock.

This is just getting ridiculous now.

My Shulk has been cancelled from Nintendo UK store, Amazon have already screwed me over .

Edited by yesteryeargames

A guy on Gaf said he visited 7 stores at 9am this morning and only 1 had the new wave stuff in stock and even then it was just Megaman and a couple of Sonics.

Seriously, if you can't make enough for demand then simply push the release date back. While you're at it, stop announce new waves when you can't even supply the older ones!

I managed to get them all but only because I was lucky enough to be able to pre-order the amiibo's there and then after the direct.

Here's a low-res photo of them - plus Kirby obviously - for now, I intend to take some high-res shots of all the Super Smash Bros. set assuming I can complete my collection, I only have enough space in my designated 'amiibo area' for seven more figures though... this is most disturbing. :blank:

Anyway here's that pic...

2r71qpz.jpg

Impressions...

Meta Knight - Deadly!

King Dedede - Weighty!

Shulk - I'm really feeling it!

Mega Man - Shiny!

Sonic - Perfect Blue!

I hope everyone's able to acquire the one's they are missing, Nintendo... get on those restocks!

: peace:

Again, from Gaf.

Dear Craft,

Thank you for contacting us and placing an enquiry.

A customer service colleague has sent you the following message:

Dear Craft,

Thank you for placing order XXXXX with us.

We are sorry to inform you that we have now cancelled your order for Shulk No.25 amiibo as the item is no longer available and our team are working to have the item removed from the website.

If a payment has been debited from your account for the purchase, we will refund you automatically and this will be reflected on your bank statement within 5 working days.

We would like to apologise again for any inconvenience this may have caused and if you wish to contact us about this or anything else, please feel free to contact a member of our support team via your account.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Nintendo Customer Support

Amiibo collecting has become a stressful hassel , rather than the enjoyable one I was hoping .

Whoever is in charge of the distribution should be sacked immediately . Iwata is too soft I think it's time he was pushed down in his role .

Yamauchi Would be spinning in his grave if he saw what a mess this whole situation was .

Think of all the money nintndo have lost on amiibos and gamecube adapters , the later market now screwed with all the unofficial ones . I

Amiibo collecting has become a stressful hassel , rather than the enjoyable one I was hoping .

Whoever is in charge of the distribution should be sacked immediately . Iwata is too soft I think it's time he was pushed down in his role .

Yamauchi Would be spinning in his grave if he saw what a mess this whole situation was .

Think of all the money nintndo have lost on amiibos and gamecube adapters , the later market now screwed with all the unofficial ones . I

Can't exactly blame this on Iwata...

Plus read up some of the interviews going around. Iwata gets shut down by board members often so it's not just his fault. Just one member of the board can veto something.

I agree that they have underestimated demand and whatnot, but you're going to extremes here.

Slight over reaction methinks. :D

I completely forgot about the Gamecube adapter, as have Nintendo, apparently. :)

Left the house this morning at 8.20. Went to the local Sainsbury's, then Smyths toys (Fareham), Toys R Us (Portsmouth), Tesco Home, Toys R Us and GAME (all three Soythampton), and I've just got back home, empty handed and annoyed. Out of all of them, three had Mega Man and two had Sonic (neither of which I'm interested in). As for the rest, just a load of Marios, Peaches, Links, Diddy Kongs etc. The days when I could actually go into a shop and buy a Pit, Captain Falcon, and even a Marth, seem such a long time ago... :(

Left the house this morning at 8.20. Went to the local Sainsbury's, then Smyths toys (Fareham), Toys R Us (Portsmouth), Tesco Home, Toys R Us and GAME (all three Soythampton), and I've just got back home, empty handed and annoyed. Out of all of them, three had Mega Man and two had Sonic (neither of which I'm interested in). As for the rest, just a load of Marios, Peaches, Links, Diddy Kongs etc. The days when I could actually go into a shop and buy a Pit, Captain Falcon, and even a Marth, seem such a long time ago... :(

This seems to be the case everywhere. Shops are getting Sonic and Megaman but are either getting just one of each of Meta Knight, Shulk and Dedede or none at all.

It's actually baffling and should be the other way around as the 3 you can't actually get are the ones with uses outside of Smash Bros, whereas the other 2 are just used for Smash.

I agree that they have underestimated demand and whatnot, but you're going to extremes here.

Thing is though demand was there on day 1. We have now reached Wave 3 with the situation becoming more and more worse and with no signs or responses from Nintendo making it any better.

Crazy crazy crazy! I just presume these orders were placed a long time ago with their suppliers, but it is silly... But I'm absolutely certain they'll release more of all the rare ones so not worried about that, but I just like looking at my ever growing amiibo shelf, I love the little bastards!!

It's mental how popular they are, considering they're a tad over priced (stupidly so in game) and there are so many. I wondered whether the strategy would work but it certainly is... Nintendo creating amazing uses in their games and systems will surely help sales in those areas! Amiibo are more popular than their core service :)

I'm glad I have absolutely zero interest in them, it sounds like a major ball-ache trying to get them.