NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

I'd forgotten about my order for Bowser... got it today, all looks ok, except his left eye decal looks like it's been placed too low on his eye (I assume it's meant to be high with some appearing to be obscured by his eyebrow) and more irritatingly, a white blob of paint on his nose.

It looks like someone tried to scrape it off prior to it being packaged, the flesh colour appears underneath it on the areas the white paint has been completely removed. I'm thinking I should either live with it or send it back, but a less tolerant and patient me wants to open it up and finish removing the white spot.

I would probably send that Bowser back if you think you can't get the paint off of the nose and the place where you ordered from still has stock.

When I first saw your photo I looked at the box and thought something wasn't quite right... took me a while to realise what they had done :shakehead

If they contacted you in writing about 20% for all 4 I would just send an email to point out they only gave back money for 1, the nudge should be enough for them to give you the full compensation. That's 80% of the next amiibo paid for....

The annoying thing is they could have lay them all down flat without bending the tops of them all. And I should try and push for the refund on the 4 they offered but I already feel like I'm pushing it getting that 20% back for Toon Link.

Just noticed that my Ike has the glove paint on the knuckles of his sword hand :( Toon Link has a tiny bit of paint bleed on his sword handle from his hand. The fold on Sheik's scarf doesn't look quite right either but that might be normal, looks like the plastic hasn't set right. Bowser has a tiny bit of paint bleed around his eyes.

Edited by V. Amoleo

Look how Amazon delivered my amiibos today:

B8Dcx7PCcAA00dY.jpg

I contacted them and they got back to me within an hour offering to replace them or give me 20% back in credit. Unfortunately they only gave me 20% back on one of the amiibos when they said they would on all four but I'm not going to push it. They gave me a months extension to Prime too.

The tell tale sign of someone who must really enjoy their job. :rolleyes:

I mean like you said, they could easily have fit in the box if they took the time and brain cells to lay them all down. I think you are well within your right to pursue the full refund they offered you.

Did anyone order roselina from argos ? Has it shipped yet ?

Heard nothing either. No money taken from account yet either and the tracking shows nothing.

I would probably send that Bowser back if you think you can't get the paint off of the nose and the place where you ordered from still has stock.

That's the thing.. I think I can get the paint off the nose... but there's only one way to find out, and if I find out I was wrong (peel off the legitimate paint along with the spot, or the spot is just not coming off) then I won't be able to send it back :/

The fact I got it through Flubit also complicates matters a little bit.

The annoying thing is they could have lay them all down flat without bending the tops of them all. And I should try and push for the refund on the 4 they offered but I already feel like I'm pushing it getting that 20% back for Toon Link.

If they suggested the 20% you're not pushing it, pushing it would be asking for 25%!

Just send them an email and point out what's happened.

I'm not collecting these, I've opened them all, but I have kept the boxes because they look so good (Part of why I'm not collecting them, I only have so much room for all the boxes!). If I got an amiibo through and the box was bent over like that it would detract from the experience massively, make them pay for being muppets. Who knows it might encourage Amazon to improve a bit. Plus you pay for Prime... PRIME... those are not prime condition amiibo boxes! :D Stop being so timid and go get what's rightfully yours! :D

That's the thing.. I think I can get the paint off the nose... but there's only one way to find out, and if I find out I was wrong (peel off the legitimate paint along with the spot, or the spot is just not coming off) then I won't be able to send it back :/

The fact I got it through Flubit also complicates matters a little bit.

I actually stopped using Flubit a year or so ago because their return process is terrible. So, unless it's gotten better, it might be worth taking the risk and opening it.

If they suggested the 20% you're not pushing it, pushing it would be asking for 25%!

Just send them an email and point out what's happened.

I'm not collecting these, I've opened them all, but I have kept the boxes because they look so good (Part of why I'm not collecting them, I only have so much room for all the boxes!). If I got an amiibo through and the box was bent over like that it would detract from the experience massively, make them pay for being muppets. Who knows it might encourage Amazon to improve a bit. Plus you pay for Prime... PRIME... those are not prime condition amiibo boxes! :D Stop being so timid and go get what's rightfully yours! :D

You're right, I'll get back onto them.

Before I do though, does anybody have a close up photo of a Sheik amiibo? A real photo rather than a promotional one. The more I look at mine the more I think it's defective and needs to be returned anyway.

I did a sweep of Southampton looking for the new amiibos yesterday, but couldn't find a single one, or even any evidence that any shops had ever had any. Then on my way home, I got an email from Amazon saying that my Toon Link had been delayed by 1-2 business days, so that won't be coming until next week now. :(

On the plus side, though, I was browsing Argos online this morning and found that a branch about twenty-five minutes away from my had a Wii Fit Trainer in, for normal price. Now mine! :)

Before I do though, does anybody have a close up photo of a Sheik amiibo? A real photo rather than a promotional one. The more I look at mine the more I think it's defective and needs to be returned anyway.

Not sure exactly which bit you need a photo of but hopefully these help:

IMG_5194_zps198b8407.jpg

IMG_5196_zpsed355159.jpg

I'll have another go later if they're not good enough or at the right angle.

I see Argos are cancelling orders now. Not sure if its for Rosalina only or for others as well. Luckily I got Rosalina from the Nintendo site as well. I didn't trust Argos to deliver the goods. Still, shouldn't have to place orders with multiple companies just to make sure I get what I order.

It's getting stupid now. Something needs to be sorted between retailers and Nintendo. Either retailers are over selling or Nintendo are under delivering. Possibly both.

A Gaf member posted something interesting. Apparently, over in the US the Mario Party bundle is the only way to get the new Mario Amiibo. It won't be sold seperately. It could be a US only thing, much like the retailer exclusives. Guess we will have to wait and see.

There was a guy on Twitter/Reddit who ordered 50 Rosalina from Argos and then started complaining that his order was cancelled. He's now deleted his Twitter and reddit post because of the backlash

With more places adding 1 per customer limits, there won't be as much issue from now on

There was a guy on Twitter/Reddit who ordered 50 Rosalina from Argos and then started complaining that his order was cancelled. He's now deleted his Twitter and reddit post because of the backlash

With more places adding 1 per customer limits, there won't be as much issue from now on

Good to hear he got what he deserved.

As much as I hate the limit, it really is the only way to try and get this situation sorted for everyone. As you say, hopefully this will sort stock issues out in the future.

A Gaf member posted something interesting. Apparently, over in the US the Mario Party bundle is the only way to get the new Mario Amiibo. It won't be sold seperately. It could be a US only thing, much like the retailer exclusives. Guess we will have to wait and see.

It's a limited time thing.

Where can we currently per order the mario series set ?

Still no word from argos about my rosalina , I'll take that as good news seeing some have been cancelled

Where can we currently per order the mario series set ?

Still no word from argos about my rosalina , I'll take that as good news seeing some have been cancelled

GAME and ShopTo

I assume they'll be on Nintendo UK store this time next month. Safest place to pre-order really. Cheap and they come very well packaged.

If anyone sees a Megaman restocked on Ninty store could you post in here please. Argos cancelled my order as well.

Toon Link is probably the best of the recent Amiibo. Perfect figure.

Toon Link is probably the best of the recent Amiibo. Perfect figure.

Except for the shard of ice stuck up his backside. :heh:

Headless Bowser.

B8IgANEIAAAiVyG.jpg:large

Even Sakurai can't get amiibo.

[TWEET]558489529704013825[/TWEET]

It says he went to buy Sheik, Lucario, Meta Knight and Rosalina but they were all sold out. I'm sure he'll figure out a way to get them.

So part rant and part question. Ordered all six Amiibos from Shopto well in advance and all were shipped Wednesday. Only one has shown up so far on Friday. Interestingly I noticed that on the actual box is my full home address complete with correct postcode. Then just below that in bigger text is my old work postcode.

Now obviously I'm concerned the other five are in limbo seeing as it didn't show with the one. My question is what would happen to them if they did indeed use the big incorrect postcode. My home address starts RG6 but the other incorrect one reads RG4. So obviously if it did go to the RG4 area they'd see there is no address in that area. Am I doomed? Obviously this is a problem as Rosalina is all sold out and being sold for £40 on eBay :(

Should I call the Wokingham delivery office in chance they might have it?

Any help or advice would be great!

I really don't think there's anything to worry about, if one was sent to you, why would they change the address for the others?

Headless Bowser.

B8IgANEIAAAiVyG.jpg:large

Even Sakurai can't get amiibo.

[TWEET]558489529704013825[/TWEET]

Oh cool, it's the Bowser from Luigi's Mansion!

£15 bleeding quid for amiibo in GAME! I bought a Toon Link, though I'm hoping to find a cheaper one online and then return it to GAME when it arrives - does anyone know how long the Nintendo store takes to deliver? Wish I had more time to talk to the girl in the shop though(went through 2 GAMEs to find it) as she started chatting about amiibo and Smash, tempted to try and recruit her into local smashings(of the strictly gaming kind, mind).

Btw I'm keen for amiibo-smash feedback from any who has and has been using/training/playing with their Amiibos etc. I will try and see how my dude turns out with what I evaluate various people's playstyles to be and such.

Edited by Rummy

£15 bleeding quid for amiibo in GAME! I bought a Toon Link, though I'm hoping to find a cheaper one online and then return it to GAME when it arrives - does anyone know how long the Nintendo store takes to deliver? Wish I had more time to talk to the girl in the shop though(went through 2 GAMEs to find it) as she started chatting about amiibo and Smash, tempted to try and recruit her into local smashings(of the strictly gaming kind, mind).

Btw I'm keen for amiibo-smash feedback from any who has and has been using/training/playing with their Amiibos etc. I will try and see how my dude turns out with what I evaluate various people's playstyles to be and such.

Some hot chick on Game gets an invite, but you invite no one from the site! It's like that is it!! ;)

Some hot chick on Game gets an invite, but you invite no one from the site! It's like that is it!! ;)

Just #smashingnicelookingbirds ;)

(and I'd totes invite anyone who lives locally!)