NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Only 3 I want now I think, Little Mac (cancelled over a week after the confirmed my order. Not very happy at all), Metaknight and King Dedede. I'd order from Argos, but I have a £5 gift voucher, and I don't see anyway to use it with home delivery.

You guys are insane. But probably keeping Nintendo in business by yourselves.

That's me :p

I'm in for the long haul. For better or worse...

Haha, me too. I think they look amazing though, even the stands don't bother me anymore and appreciate the dynamic poses which makes them needed.

I guess with you having two, as an investment, it could end up being much cheaper in the long run!

I don't think the Super Mario collection looks anywhere near as appealing as the Super Smash Bros figures (for which I still quite fancy picking up Pit.. and Samus :red:)

If the Mario Bros set is out in March surely Nintendo UK won't put up preorders for another month?

I don't think the Super Mario collection looks anywhere near as appealing as the Super Smash Bros figures (for which I still quite fancy picking up Pit.. and Samus :red:)
/ nando /...

...you're crazy.

:heh:

The Super Mario series amiibo look waaaaaaay better than the Smash Bros. ones. :blank:

You can't seriously tell me the Peach on the left looks better:

pNl4c4S.jpg

Well, you can if you want, but you'll have me questioning your sanity even further. :heh:

Those Peach amiibo are to scale BTW. Perhaps that's why they're upping the price for the Super Mario series. ::shrug:

/ nando /...

...you're crazy.

:heh:

The Super Mario series amiibo look waaaaaaay better than the Smash Bros. ones. :blank:

You can't seriously tell me the Peach on the left looks better:

pNl4c4S.jpg

Well, you can if you want, but you'll have me questioning your sanity even further. :heh:

Those Peach amiibo are to scale BTW. Perhaps that's why they're upping the price for the Super Mario series. ::shrug:

The actual build quality may be superior but I'd rather have the characters available with the Smash Bros collection :heh:

The actual build quality may be superior but I'd rather have the characters available with the Smash Bros collection :heh:
Fair enough. :hehe:

I'd rather have the Smash characters with the build quality of the Super Mario series amiibo, but I guess that's asking for too much. :D

Fair enough. :hehe:

I'd rather have the Smash characters with the build quality of the Super Mario series amiibo, but I guess that's asking for too much. :D

Smash build quality isn't that bad. Look at Bowser

Mind you, I'm not that interested in many of the "human" characters, so I don't have issues with faces in my amiibo much

*compares hi-res Bowser amiibo pics*

TSPZZ1f.jpg

Yeah, definitely less difference between Bowser (I did intentionally pick the worst one before to make the point. ;)) in fact I think I prefer the skin texture on the Smash version of Bowser.

For the record, I don't think the build quality of the Smash amiibo is bad, but you're right that it certainly doesn't help the "human" characters look their best.

*compares hi-res Bowser amiibo pics*

TSPZZ1f.jpg

Yeah, definitely less difference between Bowser (I did intentionally pick the worst one before to make the point. ;)) in fact I think I prefer the skin texture on the Smash version of Bowser.

For the record, I don't think the build quality of the Smash amiibo is bad, but you're right that it certainly doesn't help the "human" characters look their best.

I am tempted to buy that Bowser too though :p

Mind you, I'm not that interested in many of the "human" characters, so I don't have issues with faces in my amiibo much

Bowser looks so good that I couldn't resist buying it. I had no plans to do so before hand.

I personally think that says it all really. It's the only Amiibo I own, until Greninja.

I am tempted to buy that Bowser too though :p
I'm not surprised, these things are like crack. :laughing:

Bowser looks so good that I couldn't resist buying it. I had no plans to do so before hand.

I personally think that says it all really. It's the only Amiibo I own, until Greninja.

Stay strong, mate... stay strong. :heh:

I actually opened my first amiibo just now. My favourite ever game is Wind Waker so I thought Toon Link would be appropriate to open first. Love it, the quality is great. I think the Smash Bros dynamic poses will prove far more popular than the more stable Super Mario set ones.

Those mario amiibo do look good actually, I completely dismissed them, I'm getting toad. I'l get the rest for presents as these definitely won't be rare

Noooooo, of all the ones to have a defect, just noticed Rosalina has a decent sized fleck of her eye transfer missing. Finding another is going to be a nightmare. Ahhhh.

Noooooo, of all the ones to have a defect, just noticed Rosalina has a decent sized fleck of her eye transfer missing. Finding another is going to be a nightmare. Ahhhh.

Solution is simple. eBay it!

Look how Amazon delivered my amiibos today:

B8Dcx7PCcAA00dY.jpg

I contacted them and they got back to me within an hour offering to replace them or give me 20% back in credit. Unfortunately they only gave me 20% back on one of the amiibos when they said they would on all four but I'm not going to push it. They gave me a months extension to Prime too.

Solution is simple. eBay it!

I'd probably just give this one away if I can source another. Gonna keep my eyes peeled... just like my Rosalina amiibo.

I'd forgotten about my order for Bowser... got it today, all looks ok, except his left eye decal looks like it's been placed too low on his eye (I assume it's meant to be high with some appearing to be obscured by his eyebrow) and more irritatingly, a white blob of paint on his nose.

It looks like someone tried to scrape it off prior to it being packaged, the flesh colour appears underneath it on the areas the white paint has been completely removed. I'm thinking I should either live with it or send it back, but a less tolerant and patient me wants to open it up and finish removing the white spot.

Look how Amazon delivered my amiibos today:

B8Dcx7PCcAA00dY.jpg

I contacted them and they got back to me within an hour offering to replace them or give me 20% back in credit. Unfortunately they only gave me 20% back on one of the amiibos when they said they would on all four but I'm not going to push it. They gave me a months extension to Prime too.

When I first saw your photo I looked at the box and thought something wasn't quite right... took me a while to realise what they had done :shakehead

If they contacted you in writing about 20% for all 4 I would just send an email to point out they only gave back money for 1, the nudge should be enough for them to give you the full compensation. That's 80% of the next amiibo paid for....