NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Charizard Amiibo is gone from GAME pre-order wise...

darth_vader_noooo.jpeg

The only amiibo I really want.

Ok, last time I predicted 4 out of 6, I think this time it will be harder.

My guess:

Palutena

ZS Samus

Greninja

Olimar

Ganondorf

Bowser Jr

After that wave:

Mr Game & Watch

Jigglypuff

Duck Hunt Duo

R.O.B.

Falco

Dr. Mario

Dark Pit

I'm not sure if they'll release Mewtwo and Mii...::shrug:

darth_vader_noooo.jpeg

The only amiibo I really want.

No pre-orders anywhere else either...

This makes me think that Game's pre-orders for Wave 5 must have been pre-emptive, as in they probably know exactly how much stock they are realistically going to be allocated so have just let Pre-orders go up to that number.

They have to appear on the Nintendo Store and elsewhere at some point between now and whenever they are coming out, so it's just a case of waiting and checking frequently. : peace:

Nintendo store are absolute c****

I pre order 3?of meta , Shulk

1 to open 1 to keep sealed and 1 for my friend

They have cancelled my orders to 1 :(

Anywhere else still have these ?

Shulk is on Shopto.

Well that confirms Shopto as a shit website. Most websites would list it as unavailable, not wait until you've clicked the big red pre-order button then tell you that you can't have it.

Seems Nintendo are doing what people have been asking and are trying to cut down on scalpers so have set it to 1 per person

Not really as I paid by paypal the moment they went on the Nintendo site, I could have easily pre orderd 100 copies else where if I was a scalper , I only ordered 3 for goodness sake

why don't Nintendo just make enough stock to meet demand, they are pathetic

Not really as I paid by paypal the moment they went on the Nintendo site, I could have easily pre orderd 100 copies else where if I was a scalper , I only ordered 3 for goodness sake

why don't Nintendo just make enough stock to meet demand, they are pathetic

They're not calling you a scalper, they just had to instate a policy because of them

Strange. I still have preorders for 2 of each Amiibo. Saying that, I wasn't quick enough to get Shulk or Meta so maybe its just those two?

The whole Amiibo thing has been a nightmare from start until now. There's a few people on Gaf stating they are just giving up trying to get them all because it's become a right pain the butt to actually collect the things. I mean it's been exactly one month since wave 2 got released and there's still been no restocks of them anywhere.

I'm starting to feel the same as Gaf to be honest.

I'm not sure Nintendo expected most people to even try to complete the set, there are only 5 I really have any interest in, Little Mac, Fox and Falco, Meta knight and King Dedede. Unfortunately it seems a few of those aren't so easy to get hold of. Little Mac I'm happy enough to miss out on, Fox and Falco I want a lot, Meta knight and King Dedede I REALLY want, but I'm refusing to spend more than £11 on an amiibo, in fact I haven't spent more than £10 for one yet. If everyone did the same scalpers would basically be screwed, taking into account p&p costs they'd basically be getting rid of the figurines at a small loss, or being stuck with hundreds of the things in their room.

Strange. I still have preorders for 2 of each Amiibo. Saying that, I wasn't quick enough to get Shulk or Meta so maybe its just those two?

The whole Amiibo thing has been a nightmare from start until now. There's a few people on Gaf stating they are just giving up trying to get them all because it's become a right pain the butt to actually collect the things. I mean it's been exactly one month since wave 2 got released and there's still been no restocks of them anywhere.

I'm starting to feel the same as Gaf to be honest.

Nintendo really under anticipated demand, and scalpers have really taken advantage of it.

amiibo was a huge risk for Nintendo and so they were probably moderate with manufacturing of the first couple of waves. If it didn't work, it'd have screwed them up, but they're taking off and so they must be trying to get as many out as possible.

On the other hand I'm not sure they would be selling this much if supply was plentiful. It was the same with the Wii, all those sold out signs raised the profile and led to more sales.

It's probably a little bit of both, Nintendo underestimating demand but also doing limited manufacturing runs to raise hype and get lots of word of mouth.

Nintendo really under anticipated demand, and scalpers have really taken advantage of it.

amiibo was a huge risk for Nintendo and so they were probably moderate with manufacturing of the first couple of waves. If it didn't work, it'd have screwed them up, but they're taking off and so they must be trying to get as many out as possible.

You're exaggerating just a little bit there. It's not a huge risk at all. It's not like a console launch. The Wii U and 3DS won't live or die by the success or failure of amiibo. It was always likely to do well given the strength of Nintendo's fanchises, I'm only surprised it took so long but then Nintendo's always late to the ball. They're manufactured no doubt in some Chinese sweatshop. Nintendo have done very little as far as in game content connected with them. Capper Turd being a new low. If Nintendo had announced an amiibo focused game prior to launch then that may have been a risk. Given their success they might have started one now. I'd describe Nintendo in the last couple of generations of being too conservative if anything.